The Winter Soldier Henry Jackman to score Captain America: The Winter Solider?

their minds and tastes are stuck in the 70s/90s + they obviously hate Hans Zimmer and anyone who worked with him.
Or they just want scores with good melodies.

Or they just want scores with good melodies.

Oh definitely. Jackman has done wonderful melodic scores, and even though the Russos treat CA:TWS like a political thriller (which it is) -- it could've been a lot better. There's nothing wrong with using Silvestri's theme more, there's several scenes where Jackman could've woven it in (like the little montage with Steve readying for the SHIELD infiltration, Steve's conversation with Peggy or beginning of the Lemurian Star sequence).

The worse part of the score (and the movie) is that horrible dissonant piece representing Bucky/Winter Soldier. Something different, like low strings or woodwinds would've gotten the point across.

I pray Jackman ups his game with Civil War. He's capable and has done better work.

Yeah, while I love his TWS score, especially the quieter pieces...Jackman could've done better.

I can't get "Taking a Stand" and "Captain America" out of my head. IMO the former in particular is the best superhero movie theme of the year, and Cap's equivalent to Zimmer's theme for Batman.

Congrats to Jackman on his Saturn Award nomination in the Best Film Music category for Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
Film Music Reporter said:
Here are the nominees in the Best Film Music category:

Captain America: The Winter Soldier – Henry Jackman
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes – Michael Giacchino
Godzilla – Alexandre Desplat
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies – Howard Shore
How to Train Your Dragon 2 – John Powell
Interstellar – Hans Zimmer

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2015/03/03/saturn-awards-nominations-announced/

Good. Interstellar's score was incredible, imo.

I still don't get why critics hated the score that much. Did they expect a Hans Zimmer style soundtrack or what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"