Heracleion: Lost Egyptian City Revealed After 1,200 Years Under Sea

I love when civilizations are found under water. They are usually preserved 100x's better than when they are on the surface.

This is such a wonderful discovery and I hope it further helps to explain how these civilizations found under water got there.

Some speculate that "the great flood" actually did occur and that these cities that are being found were in direct effect of it.

From what I understand, water levels rose gradually after the end of the last Ice Age.

Some speculate that "the great flood" actually did occur and that these cities that are being found were in direct effect of it.
I'm pretty sure they attribute this one to real earthquakes and real flooding(rising water levels), not fantasy ones.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they attribute this one to real earthquakes and real flooding(rising water levels), not fantasy ones.

All legends come from some kind of factual base. Not every fantastic story in history was fabricated completely.

The ark of the covenant is probably down there.

Though I think it's already at Fort Knox.

I love when civilizations are found under water. They are usually preserved 100x's better than when they are on the surface.

Unless they're deliberately burried 10,000 years ago, like Gobekli Tepe. That one is a mindf***. Only about 5% of it has been uncovered so far.

g%25C3%25B6bekli19.JPG

gobeklitepe_05.jpg

7153722369_97ca38a6ef_z.jpg

This is such a wonderful discovery and I hope it further helps to explain how these civilizations found under water got there.

Yeah, there are flood myths in pretty much every culture around the world.

I think there were structures found off the coasts of Japan & India, too.

article-0-19875A32000005DC-821_634x422.jpg

Statue- Release me from this underwater tomb! You must obtain my tablet!

buc-tuong-co1.jpg

Looks like another adventure for Nathan Drake....

Unless they're deliberately burried 10,000 years ago, like Gobekli Tepe. That one is a mindf***. Only about 5% of it has been uncovered so far.

Yeah, what sucks about the Egyptian Temples/Monuments is the constant sand storms that erode the structures....Unless its completely buried in sand in an environment like that its pretty impossible for them to be completely preserved.

At least underwater all you have to worry about are the tectonic plates shifting and underwater civilizations being sucked to the center of the earth :o

Thankfully I don't think there are any subduction zones near our coasts.

Also spell-check doesn't think subduction is a word.

What's a bit of ominous looking writing on a slate of obsidian going to do? Call forth the masses of undead?

All legends come from some kind of factual base. Not every fantastic story in history was fabricated completely.

No kidding, I agree with that, so long as you do recognize it's the fantastic story/legend emanating from a factual event, and not the other way around.

The "legend" as told, has zero effect on the events that led to the sinking of this city, as proposed by NickNitro.

Some speculate that "the great flood"[The Legend] actually did occur and that these cities that are being found were in direct effect of it.
If he had implied - the fantastic/legends of great floods, might be in direct effect of actual cities/places like this one being flooded.
That would be different, I would agree.
That is not what he implied though.
I hope you can understand the difference.

Some speculate that "the great flood"[The Legend] actually did occur...

Last edited:
It does look rather creepy. I can't wait until they decipher it.

But then again it probably says "The Grand Pharaoh's Hotel. Continental Breakfast."

You must not read from the book!!!

Or in this case, the slab.

Someone call up Bruce Campbell so he can go get his chainsaw prepped.

Once read from, The Rock will lead an army in the desert.

What's a bit of ominous looking writing on a slate of obsidian going to do? Call forth the masses of undead?

Horrible CGI looking undead :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"