Here Comes the CANN0NBALL!!! - Charlie Heston is Samuel Guthrie!

Discussion in 'The New Mutants' started by psylockolussus, Jun 10, 2017.

1. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

It looks terrible.

2. Weather Witch Registered

I really can't judge the full effect yet obviously, and he isn't really attacking yet in this gif, but as far as the VFX goes, it's not as strong as the rest.

3. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

They literally had years to polish the vfx.

4. Weather Witch Registered

I meant the full effect as in "he only seems to be powering up here and not attacking". Again, we've seen in the storyboards that he does his power-up thing (usually by kneeling down) and then obviously does the move that gives him his name.

[​IMG]

5. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

And thats what they should've been showing eXpecially, this 2nd trailer came out more than a year after the first one.

6. Weather Witch Registered

If they did then what else can the marketing do leading up to this. They need some surprises like Lockheed and power displays. This trailer was meant to get goodwill and they've succeeded judging by most of the reactions online. There is plenty of time for everything else. Besides, nobody wants to see the whole movie before they go into theaters.

7. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

That would be like showing Shang-Chi's moves in the third trailer. And what makes you so sure there would be a third trailer for this?

8. Weather Witch Registered

I never said there would be a third trailer. That's not their only option.

9. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

Yup, lets not show the character's signature power in a movie's trailer. You are just making an eXcuse.

10. Tim_Riggins Dillon Panthers

Been observing this sub forum for a while and I’m sick and tired of the same handful of people vomiting negativity over and over again. Psylockolussus is one such person, he’s been crapping all over the film for years, him and the troll slugzilla (who was full of it as expected (as some people in the know confirmed) ).

So no surprise psy is up to his usual tricks. The leaked storyboards/animatics showed Sam’s powers depicted the way they are in the comics. So perhaps, just wait to see the final film before trashing that tease of his transformation we see in the trailer (which looks and sounds cool)?! Although I don’t expect him to stray from his schtick.

Anyway, I didn’t expect that kind of VFX work (and Lockheed !) and spectacle for what is apparently a 40M film, I guess the film having contained locations meant they could really put most of their budget on the set pieces and VFX, looks fantastic. Josh being able to release his original cut along with possibly adding some stuff Fox wanted him to cut is so heartwarming and cool.

11. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

I was positive about this film until I saw the trailer. Read the first page of this thread for eXample. I stand by what I said, there's ZERO reason why they should hide Cannonball's signature power Xpecially in the marketing.... and the only thing that they have shown is his glowing hands that he doesn't even have in the comics. Doesn't make sense to me.

Hellion likes this.
  12. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Glad they got this guy in. I think he can do a good job.

13. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Yeah, I could see that. He’s got some likeness to him.

14. Tim_Riggins Dillon Panthers

You’ve been trashing the film non stop for years psylock back when it was you, slugzilla, maybe some other people at times but it was mostly the two of you laughing at the film, based on the lies zilla told, believing every single negative tidbits he supposedly had. The gall....

15. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

Who cares? this thread is about Cannonball. Stop thrashing about me. I at least stay on topic.

Xeno and Hellion like this.
  16. Havok83 Registered

Now you know

Thats not true

[​IMG]

17. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

Definitely the worst character in the movie. Cecilia was highly comic inaccurate but Cannonball was forgettable in this, the actor looked bored and his power display was just terrible!

How odd that he almost appeared in the Deadpool movie yet he got the worst role in a New Mutants movie.