World Here is the Stan Winston Superman Suit!

Kokomo29

"You're my #1 uh-guuuy!"
Reaction score
I found pictures from the website of Eddie Yang of the designs for the Superman suit that would have been constructed by Stan Winston Studios! There are also concepts of what the villain, "Tyzor" could have looked like. Enjoy!

Here is the website: http://www.eddieyang.com/portfolio/costume.html

Cool, thanks I was just about to post that same link.

Really like the Ty-Zor design. Not much for the Superman design, but having seen Ty-Zor's design would probably like it in the context of the film.

Def prefer Superman Concept 2 over the first one since it incorporates the red boots.

I like it a bit more than the SR suit. but I don't like the muscle suit design. I wish it had been more classic, but it is good.

I like it too... as long as they keep it colorful, I'm all for the change

Uggh. While the color & such is neat, the design is crap. It too armorish. Superman don't need that. I prefer SR, since it at least not armorish. Even when it didn't have some of the thing the "Robocop" Superman suit like colors, but at least SR suit don't need to be armorish. Remove the armorish look & I think it cool. :word:

How your found about it or find it btw, Kokomo? It really interesting & neat, despite me not liking the armor look of the suit. I personally like concept 2 the best. If they went with that by removing the armor look & adding the yellow belt (and maybe adding the red trunk if it work), it would be perfect. Quite a nice modern look. :)

I was def not a fan of a armor/muscle suit for Superman. The idea to me is completely ludicrous for the character.

Having said that when I first saw these concepts for the proposed suit I was not completely put off as I thought I'd be. Given I would have to see an actual suit on the actor to make final judgment, but I have to say it appeared to me to be more of an alien/space type suit than a muscle/armor one. Again, seeing it in real life on the actor would be the only way to know for sure if it would work. But I am definitely not as opposed to it now as I once was.

Again, it gave me more of a spacesuit (ala white one in SR) impression than anything else.

I am not one for much change to the traditional suit but this wasn't that bad. And felt that when viewed with the other Kryptonian character's garb it might not be so terrible. As long as the armor/muscle is subtle (more alien tech/fabric than traditional armor we know) as it appears to me in the picture.

Just my 2 cents.

just because it looks like armor to us doesn't mean it's armor to kryptonians... Maybe it's just a design fashion, like all those stupid little "S"s

How your found about it or find it btw, Kokomo? It really interesting & neat, despite me not liking the armor look of the suit. I personally like concept 2 the best. If they went with that by removing the armor look & adding the yellow belt (and maybe adding the red trunk if it work), it would be perfect. Quite a nice modern look. :)
I was doing my usual check of The Superman Homepage and saw that they were running a story about these suits. Having done a little more searching, I came to find out that they were for when Stan Winston was attached to the project and to my knowledge, are the only pictures available of what Ty-zor would have looked like.

just because it looks like armor to us doesn't mean it's armor to kryptonians... Maybe it's just a design fashion, like all those stupid little "S"s

Thats what I thought. :huh:

I was def not a fan of a armor/muscle suit for Superman. The idea to me is completely ludicrous for the character.

Having said that when I first saw these concepts for the proposed suit I was not completely put off as I thought I'd be. Given I would have to see an actual suit on the actor to make final judgment, but I have to say it appeared to me to be more of an alien/space type suit than a muscle/armor one. Again, seeing it in real life on the actor would be the only way to know for sure if it would work. But I am definitely not as opposed to it now as I once was.

Again, it gave me more of a spacesuit (ala white one in SR) impression than anything else.

I am not one for much change to the traditional suit but this wasn't that bad. And felt that when viewed with the other Kryptonian character's garb it might not be so terrible. As long as the armor/muscle is subtle (more alien tech/fabric than traditional armor we know) as it appears to me in the picture.

Just my 2 cents.

How is armour ludicrous?

On Krypton, they have no superpowers.

If he's fighting Kryptonians on earth, obviously they have the same powers he does, so protection is logical.

If you've read about the plot, Krypton was a war-torn planet, and the war spills onto earth.

How is armour ludicrous?

On Krypton, they have no superpowers.

If he's fighting Kryptonians on earth, obviously they have the same powers he does, so protection is logical.

If you've read about the plot, Krypton was a war-torn planet, and the war spills onto earth.

Yeah, I've read one of the drafts floating around and the synopsis that was posted.

I meant in terms of him being Superman wearing an armor suit on Earth cosidering he's invulnerable. Hearing that idea back in the Superman Lives, etc. days I didn't like it.

Now basing it off the script and making the suit Kryptonian (and not going with the "My mother made it for me" or any of that it does work.

Never really wanted to see an armored Supes flying around Metropolis, but if in the context of that script (original drafts) he is going back to Krypton or even just the fact that he is battling Kryptonian villains he would need that type of protection and you're right it would be logical.

It was just the shock of hearing "muscle suit" or armor being mentioned back in the day about the description of the costume. I remember it was likened to the Batsuits. It's just not something one would expect when thinking of Superman to me. I guess I've been spoiled by having his suit in the various films, shows so faithful in look to the comics.

I think as far as explaining the suit as having Kryptonian origin and it looking as it does is logical and would work. Even though it would need to be pretty sleek to hide underneath his CK clothing.

Like I said, when I saw the design I really liked it and thought it and Tyzor looked very good. But I think for the character you can't have too much of a techi look--just my opinion. Just a balance to show this suit is not of earthly origin, but also that it would protect him when powerless under a red sun.

I like it, but only if it's meant to be an 'alternate' costume for working without his normal powers. I get it in terms of the script, but armor on Superman seems awfully redundant.

For some reason it reminds me of the Cyborg Superman

pretty cool for a concept but it's weird though, all the concepts for suits I've seen seem to try and get as far from traditional as possible

mcgssupermanmoviesuitbydt3.jpg

supermanbattleoq2.jpg

timburtonsupermanla7.jpg

supermansuit02hs5.jpg

One of the most ugliest design yet. I hate it.

Kevin Roegele - Armor suit is ludicrous because he doesn't need it. So if he fights someone from Krypton they have the same powers and same the weakness.
Superman isn't a type of hero who will go after a person like that unless he considered them a threat.
I can see if it was Metallo and his kryptonite, so Superman could use armor to protect himself that way. But if it was another Kryptonian he will go right for them. Or if Superman would use a piece of Kryptonite to expose to the other kryptonian and his armor was made of lead.
It isn't like the kryptonian will have an edge over Superman just because he has the same powers. They would be equal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"