Days of Future Past Hereee Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! : The Ellen Page/Shadowcat thread!

I wonder if the official x-menmovies twitter will post about it.

I hope they do, since the franchise is so gay friendly and Fox should support the cause and Ellen before anyone else

I don't see any reason x-menmovies twitter will post about it. This information has nothing to do with DOFP movie.

Yeah it's important to her life but it doesn't have a thing to do with the film.

I don't see any reason x-menmovies twitter will post about it. This information has nothing to do with DOFP movie.

yes, because they cant feel some empathy with her right now and they cant support her and support the cause, right?

they can only post about dofp things, apparently.

oh, and when an actor is nominated for the Oscar, that is more relevant, right?

yes, who cares about gay rights, and a big humanitarian act by one of the actresses of this movie.

Being "different" it's no a crime and nobody should be ashame of it.

Riiiiight, this has nothig to do with this saga :whatever:

Xmenmovies posted the pic of Patrick Stewart dressed as a crab in the bathtub.

if you guys tell me that they shouldnt support Ellen with this great cause, then Ive heard it all on this board.

If they post the news fine, if they don't that is fine with me as well and understandable because it veers into the personal and is not related to the film IMHO.

And yes an actor being nominated for an Oscar is more relevant because it helps promote the film, studios use Oscar noms and wins to promote films all of the time.

I'm not passionate one way or the other about this particular twitter issue but I had an opinion so I expressed it. If others disagree, that is fine.

I reiterate that I am happy that Page felt the need to stop hiding a big part of who she is.

Let's just be happy for Ellen.

Doesn't matter how many twits are there and who post it.

She came out first of all for herself and she is happy now.

y_adffd1e9.jpg

I agree with you.

Also the official site didnt congratulate Halle when she gave birth to her baby.

Awesome! I'm so happy she felt she was ready to do this.

Too bad there still hasn't been an LGBTQ superhero on the big screen though.

This is probably one of the worst-kept secrets in Hollywood, since it has been some speculations that Ellen is a lesbien long time ago. But I'm happy that she finally has the courage reveal her sexual orientation. I hope more and more actors will be able to follow suit after seeing her and other celebrities doing it in the future.

This is not just about her sexuality, like most people seem to think.

He gave a whole speech about human rights and supporting the campaign, and that to me is 10 times bigger than saying just Im gay, like other people have done on letters or so.

Ellen showed her face and spoke to the whole world on that speech, and that to me is impressive and really appreciated.

Im really proud of her today, and its such an honour to have her on the X-Men franchise, and not only on one movie, but two, with her returning this year, when she could have said 'no'. So.... so proud of her return

Yeah, didn't mean for that that to sound so vague and easy if that's how it came off. I'm not gay myself but I have absolutely no problem with it and I'm 100% accepting to it, I have a few gay friends and family members. I'm so happy when a person can come out to the public as they truly are regardless of what anyone around them believes. Homosexuality is something that shouldn't be hidden or looked down upon anymore (or ever) in my knowledge its become a thing where older people are the ones who look down upon it where the youth of today say "who cares, be who you are." And that's a great thing for our society. I'm happy for her and people like Michael Sam (the nfl prospect who recently came out) for embracing themselves.

Also, Endzone if your openly gay I'm very happy for you, and if you're still on the fence of coming out I hope you embrace who you are and expose that to those around you. I know it's a huge thing, but I believe it shouldn't be anymore, everyone of any sexual orientation, race, religion should be able to feel comfortable in their own skin, and I hate that part of society denounces that right to people in their beliefs.

I actually didn't know that Alan Cumming and Anna Paquin are gay and bi, that's awesome. I found out Ian McKellen was gay a few years ago and never knew it. It makes me so happy when others are happy :)

Thank you for this post. :yay:

You should search online for the video/commercial/ad where Anna came out. She said it nonchalantly. :oldrazz:

Sorry if my original post came off as standoffish. It's just that it's so easy for people to say no one should be afraid to come out. However if you yourself were going thru all that, think about how your parents and family members will feel and say. You still worry about feelings getting hurt and people blaming themselves. It certainly is a big deal.

I'm not closeted (some siblings and friends know) but it's still hard to come out to particular people (parents, other siblings, etc.) One still needs to be guarded.

Bryan Singer has made no secret of the secret that he emphathizes so strongly with the X-Men property because of his sexuality and the metaphors he drew from the material when he first read it, so I would make the argument that Ellen publicly coming out - and the manner in which she did it - very much does have relevance when it comes to the film franchise, at least indirectly.

This is probably one of the worst-kept secrets in Hollywood, since it has been some speculations that Ellen is a lesbien long time ago. But I'm happy that she finally has the courage reveal her sexual orientation. I hope more and more actors will be able to follow suit after seeing her and other celebrities doing it in the future.

I actually never thought of the possibility of her being a lesbian. But at the same time, this doesn't really surprise me.

Though good for her for coming out.

I did wonder/suspect that she might be gay, but I wasn't sure. So we have two gay actors (Page and McKellen), on bisexual actress (Paquin), and a gay director (Singer) all working on this film. Considering what the X-Men are meant to stand for, there's something strangely appropriate about this.

Ellen's speech was really moving. You can tell she was really emotional and nervous; it must have taken a lot of courage on her part. She's only two years younger than me, and I can't even begin to imagine what it would have been like to spend that last 8ish? years dogged by paparazzi and rumors while feeling like I had to hide who I was. I feel terrible for her, but also happy that she was able to come out on her own terms and that she no longer has to hide who she is.

This doesn't make me feel any different about Ellen Page than if she said she prefers vanilla ice-cream to chocolate. I'm glad we're finally entering an era where this is such a non-issue.

I wonder if the official x-menmovies twitter will post about it.

I hope they do, since the franchise is so gay friendly and Fox should support the cause and Ellen before anyone else

Exploitive and unnecessary. Ellen Page announced it, so people already know. It's not out there to sell tickets to X-Men movies or any other movie she's in. Personal life is not fodder for entertainment. The best thing FOX or anyone else could do is try not to make a big deal out of it, because it's not a big deal.

Its not about making a big deal, its about being supportive, something totally differerent.

Both Patrick Stewart and Bryan Singer has tweeted about it, and its a generous act by them, and something beautiful to see.

Not doing it, has a few negative point of views. You know, the very first one: not being supportive publicly.

Not supporting anything is a way to hide it. so.... not a good look.

But of course not everyone will understand or agree with this

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"