Days of Future Past Hereee Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! : The Ellen Page/Shadowcat thread!

Whatever you want to call it, its still a costume. And if its really a protective gear, there should have been a bullet proof.

The average person wouldn't wear those outfits. The military people wouldn't wear something like that when they go to war. Plus if only the colorful costumes from the comics looked realistic to be included in the movies, we would have gotten those costumes.

Whatever you want to call it, its still a costume. And if its really a protective gear, there should have been a bullet proof.

The average person wouldn't wear those outfits. The military people wouldn't wear something like that when they go to war. Plus if only the colorful costumes from the comics looked realistic to be included in the movies, we would have gotten those costumes.
even military grade bullet proof gear, doesn't mean every inch of it is bullet proof, it usually only protects your vital organs...

I just don't see how much protection you would get from wearing those blue/yellow outfits and leather costumes. And did the comics ever explained why X-Men are wearing costumes in the first place? I know the reason why Spider-Man and Batman are wearing their costumes, they wear their costumes to hide their true identity but the X-Men?

And it looks good. It's iconic. I loved it :whatever:

She's so tiny and young looking she could play Kitty forever. I'm honestly shocked she's coming back. I thought she hated X3.

I'm sure a lot of them hated it but this is more or less bringing them back with the mastermind behind the franchise at the helm, so I doubt anybody is gonna be like, "nah, I'll pass."

Any actor would be stupid to turn down DoFP especially after the success of The Avengers.

Well the script must be good enough to warrant coming back too

I'm hoping this is the XMEN film we've all been waiting for since X2. I want a full blown balls to the wall epic movie.

I'm hoping this is the XMEN film we've all been waiting for since X2. I want a full blown balls to the wall epic movie.

Yes almost every scene in X2 worked plus all of the characters got their moment to shine and I can't say that to the other X-Men movies, not even First Class.

Who cares about practicality in wearing costumes? Its a movie and most comic-book movies do costumes not because of practicality. They do it so the characters would look cool in the movie and to attract people to watch their movie.

This is exactly the kind of mindset that produces movies like X3. Sorry, but it actually sounds like you're quoting Brett Ratner.

Well if you're telling me that they wear those costumes for practicality then I doubt it. Leather suits are not easy to wear, its hot on the body and its not something people would wear when they are chasing somebody. Then there's no guarantee of protection for wearing those costumes. its not like the suit of Batman when someone fire you with a gun, it wouldn't go through your skin, chest and head. So no. Those costumes are there because they are superheroes, they are the X-Men and the comics have them.

Well if you're telling me that they wear those costumes for practicality then I doubt it. Leather suits are not easy to wear, its hot on the body and its not something people would wear when they are chasing somebody. Then there's no guarantee of protection for wearing those costumes. its not like the suit of Batman when someone fire you with a gun, it wouldn't go through your skin, chest and head. So no. Those costumes are there because they are superheroes, they are the X-Men and the comics have them.

No one's doubting that they're costumes because they're superheroes. But many of us feel that it is in good taste to at least create the idea that they're for a purpose. Your rationale is no rationale and to just put them in costumes for no reason.

They only are there to solidify them as a team in the films. Thats all the reason people need honestly.

No one's doubting that they're costumes because they're superheroes. But many of us feel that it is in good taste to at least create the idea that they're for a purpose. Your rationale is no rationale and to just put them in costumes for no reason.

I don't think they put them in costumes for no reason. I think they do include these costumes so the X-Men would like X-Men and not just normal people. They also put them on costumes so they would good on film or at least visually interesting and to appeal casual viewers. But to say that the purpose of the costumes is for protection or practicality, I'm not buying that.

I don't think they put them in costumes for no reason. I think they do include these costumes so the X-Men would like X-Men and not just normal people. They also put them on costumes so they would good on film or at least visually interesting and to appeal casual viewers. But to say that the purpose of the costumes is for protection or practicality, I'm not buying that.

I already agreed with you that they have costumes so that they'll look like superheroes. But if you can't explain the need for them, then they are ridiculous.

IN THE MOVIE, the characters are ACTING as if they are wearing them for a reason, so a reason must be created. And protection and practicality are the most logical reason.

The black leather costumes (yes, costumes) give off the sense of stealth and maybe kevlar.

The FC costumes were modified flight suits. Notice Moira was wearing a normal flight suit because she wasn't going into combat (and yes, also not a superhero).

I already agreed with you that they have costumes so that they'll look like superheroes. But if you can't explain the need for them, then they are ridiculous.

IN THE MOVIE, the characters are ACTING as if they are wearing them for a reason, so a reason must be created. And protection and practicality are the most logical reason.

The black leather costumes (yes, costumes) give off the sense of stealth and maybe kevlar.

The FC costumes were modified flight suits. Notice Moira was wearing a normal flight suit because she wasn't going into combat (and yes, also not a superhero).

I also said they wear the costumes because they are the X-Men and like def28, those costumes are there to solidify them as a team.

I also said they wear the costumes because they are the X-Men and like def28, those costumes are there to solidify them as a team.
That's fine. It's your other arguments that I'm addressing.

Yes almost every scene in X2 worked plus all of the characters got their moment to shine and I can't say that to the other X-Men movies, not even First Class.
I thought XMFC was equally as good as X2.

I thought XMFC was equally as good as X2.

Some characters like Azazel and Riptide didn't really shine. With X2, even though Lady Deathstrike didn't really talk, I felt kinda sad for her when she was killed especially with the background music and the reaction from her/Wolverine and her fight scene with Wolverine was amazing. Then with Havok and Angel Salvadore, their angsty attitude didn't really work for me.

No one's doubting that they're costumes because they're superheroes. But many of us feel that it is in good taste to at least create the idea that they're for a purpose.

I think of the costumes just as a 'uniform.' People have clothes for occasions in real life - things they put on to go to work, go to a party, to lounge around in at home. Schools often insist on a uniform to give the pupils more discipline and purpose.

I think it's the same for the X-Men. They have a uniform that offers moderate protection and makes them feel they are in X-Men mode (on a serious mission) not normal person mode.

The leather suits of the original trilogy may offer more protection than other fabrics but it's difficult to run after (or away from) anyone in those. You see on those police shows on TV where the motorcycle officers who wear leather have said they cannot chase criminals on foot very easily. In X1, the actors had trouble getting over that little wall below the Statue of Liberty because their leather suits were so restrictive and they couldn't lift their legs high enough!

Some characters like Azazel and Riptide didn't really shine. With X2, even though Lady Deathstrike didn't really talk, I felt kinda sad for her when she was killed especially with the background music and the reaction from her/Wolverine and her fight scene with Wolverine was amazing. Then with Havok and Angel Salvadore, their angsty attitude didn't really work for me.

Yes, that's because many of the characters in First Class weren't given 'character moments' where we got an idea of who they are.

I don't think X2 is perfect but it did manage to give people those moments, and those moments matter a lot if you want your characters to be more than just wallpaper.

I thought Lady Deathstrike was pretty much wallpaper in X2. And I never really got an idea of who the heck Storm was throughout the three movies she was in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"