Days of Future Past Hereee Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! : The Ellen Page/Shadowcat thread!

I thought Lady Deathstrike was pretty much wallpaper in X2. And I never really got an idea of who the heck Storm was throughout the three movies she was in.

Deathstrike was at least given some soul, in the way she reacted to being pumped full of metal and the lingering focus on her clanking to the bottom of the tank. There was an air of something tragic about it, even if brief.

As for Storm, well yes she has been just a special effects provider for most of the films. I don't know why she is so hard to grasp. We need to see a story where Xavier goes to Egypt or Kenya to battle the Shadow King, who has taken possession of Storm (like he did in Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon). Then we get an origin for Storm, characterisation for Storm, some full-on displays of her power as she goes out of control under Shadow King's influence, and chance for Xavier to lose his hair!

have just thought about it again...

I still cant believe Ellen Page is back.... like.... most of us thought we would never see Ellen, Anna or some others back, but we will do it next year! its surreal, yet so exciting and under Singer direction, for the first time with Ellen

soo interested to see what Bryan does with her and how he will use her power, how, where and when.

I hope he surprises me with the things Kitty will do on the sequel :hrt:

I thought Lady Deathstrike was pretty much wallpaper in X2. And I never really got an idea of who the heck Storm was throughout the three movies she was in.

Even though Storm didn't really play a huge role in the main plot of X1 and X2, I felt like Bryan did the most that he could for Storm. In X1, she and Cyclops saved Rogue and Wolverine from Sabretooth, she was the one who witnessed Sen. Kelly's death, she got to electrocute Toad and Sabretooth and Mystique even mimic her look. In X2, she stopped Jason/Professor X from killing all of the humans, her relationship with Nightcrawler (Nightcrawler didn't really interact that much with the other characters except for Storm), the jet scene where she created those whirlwinds and near the end of the movie, they even used her power to create this sudden stormy/cloudy environment outside of the White House. Plus in both films, she talked about her fear and issue with normal people so Bryan Singer tried to give some material, she just didn't appear so important but its not like she just stood there.

A character doing things like fighting or using powers or moving the plot from A to B doesn't really tell me much about who they are, though. That's almost being more like an instrument of sorts.

The scene in X2 with Nightcrawler and Storm is fantastic, but I think that the scene is pretty much all about Nighcrawler and again it doesn't really tell me anything about Storm herself. It could have been any other character in her place.

The scene with Kelly - again it feels like it's more like a scene for Kelly and Storm is just an observer. That line about fearing normal people is something, yes, but I don't think that it's enough to give a character a stray poignant line or two to elevate them out of blandness.

A character doing things like fighting or using powers or moving the plot from A to B doesn't really tell me much about who they are, though. That's almost being more like an instrument of sorts.

The scene in X2 with Nightcrawler and Storm is fantastic, but I think that the scene is pretty much all about Nighcrawler and again it doesn't really tell me anything about Storm herself. It could have been any other character in her place.

The scene with Kelly - again it feels like it's more like a scene for Kelly and Storm is just an observer. That line about fearing normal people is something, yes, but I don't think that it's enough to give a character a stray poignant line or two to elevate them out of blandness.
You know if Storm told Nightcrawler she was claustrophobic, it would add more to the scene where she has faith in Nightcrawler from bamfing them into a wall.

You know, if Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat does end up being the one sent back in time, I think it would be a great opportunity for her to sport the yellow-and-blue uniform, like the one she wore in the comics. :woot:

thats one of the first things I thought thinking about Kitty being the traveler.

Its such a perfect decision. Comic accurate with the storyarc and comic costume for Kitty.

Id be sooo happy! fingers crossed!

Kitty would only take outfit If she's the time traveler and after meeting up with 1973 era
X-Men.

I don't think they would let Shadowcat travel to the past alone, she's not even a big character in the movies and it would be a miss opportunity if they only let 1 present X-Men to visit and meet the 60s X-Men.

It's all up in the air at the moment! My guess is that present Prof X takes over the mind of past Prof X.

I don't think they would let Shadowcat travel to the past alone, she's not even a big character in the movies and it would be a miss opportunity if they only let 1 present X-Men to visit and meet the 60s X-Men.

I agree with this. Kitty was only an official X-Man for TLS... a movie that was less than memorable. I doubt that out of all the original trilogy characters, she would become the lead. I would love for Ellen Page to get a great role in the movie, but at the same time I have more investment in the other OT characters.

I want to see her phase through a Sentinel, disabling it.

Loved that interview, Millar surely knows how to get the fans excited. :D

Yes! I wanna see her phrase through a wall telling someone to follow her. Then pop back out and say "jk" and grab them.

Mark Millar strongly hinted Kitty will be time traveler(or at least 1 If they want more than
1 as time traveler) because no X-Man fan wouldn't be disaapointed by anything less than
her as Time Traveler.

Mark Millar strongly hinted Kitty will be time traveler(or at least 1 If they want more than
1 as time traveler) because no X-Man fan wouldn't be disaapointed by anything less than
her as Time Traveler.

I think there will be more than one time traveller. They wouldn't bring back all these cast members and keep them in brief future scenes.

Unless they send her back to do the mission in the past, while the future team has to...destroy a sentinel factory or something. I kinda wanna see Kitty on her own, she's got a strong personality especially if played right by Ellen Page. She could carry the movie in a sense...

Loved that interview, Millar surely knows how to get the fans excited. :D

He really does! lol

Im starting to believe she is the traveler.

If she ends being the one, I will be soooo thankfull to Vaughn, Kimberg and Singer for this.

Its how it should be, so if they are faithful to this point of the storyarc... :bow:

if you want a bigger franchise, start respecting what the fans want

I think there will be more than one time traveller. They wouldn't bring back all these cast members and keep them in brief future scenes.

but why have patrick stewart and ian mckellen if they are just gonna be in the future settings? i can't help but feel it would be out of place if they time traveled too and met there past selves, but otherwise they are just gonna be in it brief so its possible the other original cast will be in it brief also

Millar has contacted with that magazine and some sites to change the tittle of the articles.

He didnt want the fans to believe he confirmed or denied Kitty as the traveler.

mm..... thoughts?

thing is if someone said to him oh what about kitty will she be the time traveler? he could say no she isn't which would be as poster says above abit premature to give out info so the best exciting way to do it is to say kitty fans won't be dissapointed which could mean anything really

Millar needs to get people excited

They could have around 30 minutes In future.But more than 1 time traveler
Is a possibilty but they all won't be going back In time.Some have to face
Sentinles since we know film will have some of comic's cool moments.

It would be something to see Ellen having to stop Jennifer Lawrence from killing
target of assassination.

But I can just see the reaction here Is It's ellen and Hugh Jackman who go back to 1973.And I don't mean that will be postive reaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"