BvS Here's the problem with introducing Batman in a Superman film.

Wise

Watchtower Janitor
Reaction score
So when Batman's solo film comes around and Gotham is being threatened with citywide destruction... why wouldn't Bruce just call Clark for backup and even if his pride keeps him from doing so, Clark works at a daily newspaper. He's going to find out that one of America's major cities is under threat and go help out.

So does Batman make some pact with Clark, telling him to 'Stay outta Gotham?'

To be honest though. After the third act of MOS, Bruce would be making a good call there.

Shared universes rarely go well with logic . You just have to swallow the stupidity . Easier to do in comics , i know.

1. Batman is not being introduced in a Superman film, he is being introduced in a Batman & Superman/ Superman & Batman/ World's Finest film, of which he is half of the titular characters.

2. Superman respects Bruce to handle his own home, and vice versa, neither of them can handle every crime in the world. It would be more apt to wonder why Abin Sur did nothing when trillions of living beings were nearly destroyed in his sector.

I remember not enjoying Iron Man 3 as much because I was constantly wondering why Captain America and Shield wouldn't be helping Rhodey out.

1. Who says Batman is getting a solo film? Did WB confirm that somewhere? Do you have a link? What's your source?

2. Who says we're not just getting Justice League films?

3. Who says Superman isn't busy with his own threat?

4. Did Iron Man 3 not address this issue?

5. Will Thor 2 not work? Captain America 2?

6. Why couldn't you think about these things for five seconds before making a troll thread, when you could've discussed these things in any variety of 200 threads created on the topic in the past 24 hours?

Okay, thanks.

1. Who says Batman is getting a solo film? Did WB confirm that somewhere? Do you have a link? What's your source?

2. Who says we're not just getting Justice League films?
The fact that WB is a company which is focused on making profits and Batman is the most popular Superhero out there.

3. Who says Superman isn't busy with his own threat?
So will a character always have to make an offhanded remark like "Oh superman is at the Source Wall fighting Darkseid"

4. Did Iron Man 3 not address this issue?
No they didn't

5. Will Thor 2 not work? Captain America 2?
I haven't seen those films, but Thor 2 appears to take place mostly on another plane of existence and Cap 2 appears to be a smaller more espionage focused film.

6. Why couldn't you think about these things for five seconds before making a troll thread, when you could've discussed these things in any variety of 200 threads created on the topic in the past 24 hours?
Because the internet is a free country.

Okay, thanks.

You're welcome

It's a pointless argument. You're trying to put logic to a movie. One thing I don't get with CBM fans...you constantly hear pleas to make them more like the comics and then complain when you need to suspend belief in a world with aliens and costumed heroes.

It's a pointless argument. You're trying to put logic to a movie. One thing I don't get with CBM fans...you constantly hear pleas to make them more like the comics and then complain when you need to suspend belief in a world with aliens and costumed heroes.

BINGO.

In the past 12 hours, I've also seen a total shift in the DC Fanboy whining.

One week ago:

- DC and WB need to hurry up on a shared universe!
- Marvel is beating them!
- WB has no competition for The Avengers!
- WB has no plan. They dropped the ball just like they always do!
- WB is a bunch of idiots!

WB announces a Superman/Batman crossover film:

- It's too soon!
- This is a bad idea!
- Superman and Batman together wouldn't work!
- I want a TRUE Man of Steel sequel!
- Superman's taking a backseat in his own film!
- David Goyer sucks!

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU PEOPLE WANT :cmad::cmad::cmad:

BINGO.

One week ago:

- It's too soon!
- This is a bad idea!
- David Goyer sucks!

This is what happens when we're spoilt.

It's happening for sure now, people should just embrace the idea or atleast wait for more info to come out before blasting it.

Read 'No Man's Land' where Superman shows up in an attempt to tackle Gotham's problems. Great read.

**** hits the fan and Superman doesn't show up. Meh, you just go with it, it's a movie.

1. Batman is not being introduced in a Superman film, he is being introduced in a Batman & Superman/ Superman & Batman/ World's Finest film, of which he is half of the titular characters.

2. Superman respects Bruce to handle his own home, and vice versa, neither of them can handle every crime in the world. It would be more apt to wonder why Abin Sur did nothing when trillions of living beings were nearly destroyed in his sector.

THIS. People are getting on my nerves with this "Batman's in MOS2" crap. It's a Superman/Batman movie, people. It's about BOTH of them. They will be SHARING the movie. It's not Batman being featured in Superman's movie. This is Batman, not a glorified sidekick like Supergirl. They will not disrespect him by having him "guest-star" in MOS2.

Batman mostly fights Criminals and he normally doesn't require any body's help, also he does the detective work and spy work where Superman's help is not needed.

Most of batman's foes are psychologically damaged villains, who commit crimes, stopping them requires a hero who can read what they will do next, so unless Superman can understand how their dark mind works, he cannot help batman to fight them, in other words, batman can deal with them all by himself.

:up:

BINGO.

One week ago:

- It's too soon!
- This is a bad idea!
- David Goyer sucks!

I'm afraid people raising concerns regarding wether or not Goyer can overcome his weaknesses and deliver the screenplay this movie deserves may somehow have a point.

I think it's cool. As long as we don't get Batman's origin. Seriously, skip Crime Alley. WE KNOW!

Also, Batman never struck me as the kind of guy who calls someone whenever things get too tough. In fact, if he did so, it would kind of remove a bit of power from Batman, wouldn't you think? "Oh, a hostage situation! This looks like a job for Superman! (pulls out phone, dials)"

Perfect way to end M.O.S. 2 and setup Batman Beyond would be to do the pilot of Batman Beyond at the end of M.O.S. 2,, where Bruce is in the new suit, and gets beat up, then retires for good

BINGO.

One week ago:

- It's too soon!
- This is a bad idea!
- David Goyer sucks!

:applaud:funny:

BINGO.

One week ago:

- It's too soon!
- This is a bad idea!
- David Goyer sucks!

:up::up:

I have always had a hard time imagining why comic book fans think its all of a sudden a big deal when movies do the shared universe thing.

Not to mention the fact that a future solo Batman film doesn't necessarily have to have city-wide destruction as a plot point. Could easily just be a mystery, a horror story, other relatively small scale stuff. Maybe if Kryptonite is introduced most of it is in Gotham. Maybe if there is city wide destruction Superman is in space. Maybe Superman only fights aliens and super-science so as to not COMPLETELY interfere in human development. Maybe Batman and Superman never completely become true allies and Batman says "you come to Gotham, we fight to the death" after seeing what happened to Metropolis (as in, they only work together out of necessity).

To be fair whether this is a sequel to MoS or a Batman/Superman movie has yet to be confirmed. There isn't even a working title yet.

It's safe to assume it wont be cameo for Batman, beyond that we don't know for sure how much Batman is going to be involved in this movie. For all we know Bruce Wayne is the face we see and Batman in costume only appears for a couple of scenes.

I think it'll be World's Finest. They would have to know the backlash they'd get if it wasn't approximately even. It seems like its the main premise because its the only thing announced so far.

To be fair whether this is a sequel to MoS or a Batman/Superman movie has yet to be confirmed. There isn't even a working title yet.

From the language used at Comic Con, I think its safe to assume that this will be considered a sequel to MOS.

Goyer said Batman vs superman

So, I'm guessing, you'll have Kyptonite that changes Clark

There aren't any problems inherent to this storyline that can't be overcome with a little imagination.

There are NO problems with this. It all fits. Batman has his rules, nobody interferes with his business. I doubt he'll be facing such large city threats this time around. There wont be infected water, nuclear bomb threats by Bane and the League of Shadows...the threats in Gotham can be handled by Batman. We're talking freaks, mob bosses, Joker, Riddler, Arkham Asylum type stuff. The biggest threat will probably be something like Mr. Freeze. Nothing that will need Superman to intervene in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"