Heroes Strike Thread (Post all strike related news in here)

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Gold Samurai, Nov 2, 2007.

1. The Chairman Pimps' Main Prophet

This can't be happening.

2. Sawyer High King

If Heroes doesnt get a full season, I guaruntee you, heads WILL roll.

3. carrrnuttt Registered

I love how one of the better TV seasons in recent history, one that has a fairly good number of both new and recurring shows that are decent to great, is being ruined by this.

And on the movie side, I hope it doesn't ruin all the fanboy-approved movies slated to come out next year.

4. OobeDoobBenubi Registered

If Hollywood did not care to do everything they could to stop the strike from getting this far then they probably will not care to do anything until this strike hurts movies which wont be until late next year. Hopefully the big decline in TV ratings will make them wake up once this gets rolling.

5. deathshead2 Registered

Well great. There goes the only show I watch.

6. Magneto29 Companion

Ughhhh, really not good. You know now that the finale is gonna suck, since it won't be the original ending to everything. There is going to be nothing to watch on tv anymore...

7. Joined:
    Aug 28, 2005
    Right. This is so monumentally sucky, it reaches new heights of utter suckdom. WTF?

8. deathshead2 Registered

Well now I have an extra hour to do homework and study.
    But still no more Hiro.
    :(

9. Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

*Drops to knees (Winces as b*ggered knee complains about treatement), sticks arms in air*

*Screams*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...(you get the point)!!!!!!!!!!!

F**k you WGA!!! F**K you!:cmad:

10. Ghostvirus Registered

I don't understand how this affect Heroes. They have been getting away without writers since it started.

11. stillanerd Registered

^^^
    :oldrazz: Okay, I'll admit that was mildly amusing.

But with regards to this news....Good grief!:cmad: First this season has been plagued by slow pacing and unexciting new characters and now this? Well, if rumors about what was reportedly going to happen in the 11th episode are true, at least there's enough wiggle room to end the season if they wish. Even so, you know darn well that this is going to put huge dents in the show, as well as other shows, should the networks decide to renew them for next season. Get ready for the "Second Coming of Reality TV.":whatever:

12. Sawyer High King

Just give the f***ing writers what they want and let it be done. Jesus Christ, these money grubbing bastard producers are gonna run Hollywood straight into the ground.

13. Eddie Brock Golden Domer

[DANE COOK] Are you watching, writers?! ARE YOU WATCHING?! DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU'RE DOING TO MY LIFE?! AHHHHHHHHH!! I WANT A DIVORCE BECAUSE OF YOU!

Ahhh...

I did my best...I did my best...I did my best...[/DANE COOK]

(Altered from "Door Kicker")

14. SalaciousVC Registered

ohes noe!!!11

15. Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

Such an odd way to go about it. I find it hard to believe this is about the strike alone. It is way too pre-emptive. They have enough scripts to get them through at least january, no doubt. Perhaps this way NBC has an excuse to try other shows in the time slot because of the dropping ratings?

16. Eddie Brock Golden Domer

That's ludicrous. Heroes may not be garnering the ratings that it received last year, but it's still head-and-shoulders above most TV shows out there.

17. Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

Not really. 6.1 isn't THAT strong. Maybe for Fox, but hardly the kind of audience NBC demands. What makes this especially suspect to me is the fact that NBC has yet to pull the plug on The Office, Earl, pretty much any of their other shows except the one that had the highest expectations this year and is becoming the biggest let down. I'm not trying to be the buzz killer here...but we know they had scripts for at least two more episodes. Logically speaking, they probably had AT LEAST 5-7 more scripts already written since most scripts are AT LEAST mapped out by the end of summer hiatus. So why pull the plug so soon? Especially when you can probably go as long as the end of january which gives 3 months to resolve the strike. Just doesn't add up to me.

18. SuperT Boom Shaka Laka

Because that's not what they planned to do. They planned to end the the first volume in 11 episodes then take a hiatus then air the next seven episodes in one pod w/ no break.

They don't want to have to air all eleven of the episodes, the just air 3 or 4 them put the show on hiatus again for an unspecified period of time.

19. imdaly - Part 12

F*%&#ing unions. :cmad:

Hey, Writer's Union? What's 0.6% of nothing??

20. tyler-durden Registered

Yeah, I read about this, and I knew there was going to be strike but I thought was with films, this so f**kin sucks, You guys do know that this means we are getting a rushed season finale, which means it's probably going to be crap.

21. imdaly - Part 12

Well the little bit of luck we have with this show is that it was originally perceived as kind of a two-seasons-in-one season, meaning that the first half was going to be in one bunch and it's own little "mini-season", and the second half being it's own little "mini-season", too. So aside from a quick rewrite of the way the last episode of the first half of this season ends, there should be little effect to the episodes we'll see through the 11th episode.

22. Krozee Previously on Lost

LOLOLOL

23. imdaly - Part 12

What did they take??!?!?!?!

:woot:

24. knockturnal23 Registered

Ohhh man... that's seriously ruined my day!

25. War Party Ve vant ze money,Lebowski

At least I still have LOST. But I don't think this strike will last long. The studios are going to cave..