Heroes Strike Thread (Post all strike related news in here)

I highly doubt that non-unionized writers will be used to write shows or screenplays. Heck, when the Unionized Actors and Unionized Directors go on strike I doubt someone like Robert Rodriguez (who is not a member of the Director's Guild) would work during the strike.

That's too bad, as they may breathe some new life into Hollywood. Writing has really taken a generic nosedive lately.

Why is this necessary? Why wasn't this prepared for like the other shows?

maybe this was part of the plan 'B'

I mean why have the next 'chapter' of Heroes only lasting 11 episodes where the first lasted a whole season?

^^^
:oldrazz: Okay, I'll admit that was mildly amusing.

But with regards to this news....Good grief!:cmad: First this season has been plagued by slow pacing and unexciting new characters and now this? Well, if rumors about what was reportedly going to happen in the 11th episode are true, at least there's enough wiggle room to end the season if they wish. Even so, you know darn well that this is going to put huge dents in the show, as well as other shows, should the networks decide to renew them for next season. Get ready for the "Second Coming of Reality TV.":whatever:

SECOND COMING OFREALITY TV ?
i should hope not, television needs LESS reality tv NOT MORE

Well I think a little peek-behind-the-curtain that shows us how horrible some of our favorite yakkers are without a team of writers behind them... I kinda want to see some shows that actually have to follow through with the improv they like to simulate...

A little dissillusionment would be good...

and while this strike is "bad news" for the selfish, I can't help but feel good knowing we'll get a complete story, and not be stopped "mid-season" in the traditional sense...

Oh... and the studio reasosn for not giving in are rubbish.

well this sucks, hopefully the strike will be way over before they run out of scripts(hopefully)

They have another meeting that is going to happen today...

We'll see what happens...

Why is this necessary? Why wasn't this prepared for like the other shows?

Theres only literally a handful of shows that have their whole season written already, and it's pretty common in the tv industry to write the show as the show progresses, not all in one huge chunk.

Now, that doesn't mean they don't have all the key points done, but the stuff like dialogue and 'filler' stuff isn't usually written till 4-5weeks before it's done.

And yet most shows have enough scripts to last them well into January. It seems as if Heroes is the only one being pulled this early. Plus with the cancelation of the spin-off 6 months before shooting would even begin...it seems to me as if the ratings decline has taken away NBC's faith in this show and they want to try something else in the monday night time slot.

I watched the live G4 Heroes post-show tonight to see if Kring would mention the strike. The strike was touched on, but only in reference to "Origins"...no mention was given to how the strike would affect the main show.

Kring signed a letter along with many show runners stating they would not write if there was a strike

http://www.wga.org/subpage_member.aspx?id=2529

So, just to be absolutely clear: In the event of a strike, we, the following showrunners, will do no writing and no story breaking — nor will any be asked of our writing staffs — until we get a deal

most recognizable names include

Robert Carlock
Tina Fey
(30 Rock)

Tim Kring
(Heroes)

James L. Brooks
Matt Groening
Al Jean
(The Simpsons)

Ronald D. Moore
(Battlestar Galactica)

Al Gough
Miles Millar
(Smallville)

We not even feel the strike's effects. If the strike ends in a few weeks episode 11's original ending will go ahead. They would be back in January like planned

If in 5 weeks the strike is still going on, we get the alternate ending and a really long hiatus.

And yet most shows have enough scripts to last them well into January. It seems as if Heroes is the only one being pulled this early. Plus with the cancelation of the spin-off 6 months before shooting would even begin...it seems to me as if the ratings decline has taken away NBC's faith in this show and they want to try something else in the monday night time slot.
Yes, I'm sure they've lost faith because their most popular show has taken a small hit. :whatever:

Besides, the way it's worded on the SHH front page makes it sound like this is a precaution and not anything definite.

You don't seem to understand.

They don't WANT to just air 3 or 4 episodes in January. They want to air the entire 7 episode pod w/ no breaks, like they originally planned. Like I said, because they don't want to have to stop in the middle of an arc because of the writers strike, so they are just not gonna start Volume Three until the writers strike has been resolved.

Makes a lot of sense actually. Better to end the eleven episode arc and not air anymore, then to just stop in the middle and leave your viewers hanging.

Why are you watching a show that all you do is whine about it & put it down every chance you get ? You should go back to waiting for the DVD

The second season of "Heroes" has always had a logical break at the mid-point of the season, "Chapter 2" and "Chapter 3". It makes more sense to start a potentially long break at the midpoint than it would be to go 3 or 4 episodes into the next half before breaking off. Also, it was originally planned as a way to get around the whole "how do we deal with weeks with no new episodes" by splitting up the season in half and putting the "Heroes: Origins" mini in the middle. So we weren't going to see any new episodes of "Heroes" until after January anyway.

Come on, Matt. I think you're realllllly reaching here.

Damn Matt, I think you hit a never.....lol

Really? When does the meeting take place?

I'm not sure of the specific time, I just know that the news is reporting they have a last emergency meeting today.

I'm not sure of the specific time, I just know that the news is reporting they have a last emergency meeting today.
What do you think the odds are of anything coming from this? It seems like no one is willing to budge, but I can't see how a strike will benefit either parties. You'd think they'd be willing to at least compromise.

I don't see the producers budging on ANY of their profits. It is hard enough for the actors to get portions of the DVD rental and sales....I don't see them allowing another group to come in and take more of their profit.

Damn Matt, I think you hit a never.....lol

Heroes fans are a very fickle bunch. Say even the slightest bit of constructive criticism and they take it as a sleight against their mother. Look at the EW thread for an example. They are worse than SMallville fans :wow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"