Heroes Strike Thread (Post all strike related news in here)

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Gold Samurai, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

I thought they'd done 14 of 16 but then i saw the LA times article that states they've only got 8 fully finished scripts

2. Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

f#*k.....

3. shapeshifter Registered

no big deal.
    this show was not going to last anyway. best get rid of it before it becomes even more pathetic

4. Magneto29 Companion

Why do people suddenly think it needs to get cancelled ? It's not that bad. I'm sure it'll do better as the season progresses to more exciting.
    Everyone is too into instant gratification...

5. shapeshifter Registered

no i just want some sort of gratification.
    this show has been a lame duck since its inception. just like bionic woman.
    take them out to the back pasture and shoot them.

6. GL1 It's pronounced "glee"

Hmmm... so, you don't know a good show when you see one? Okay...

That said, I'm keenly curious how this is going to affect other shows... Heroes seems... prepared for it and are ending their season at the end of an arc... other shows... they seem like they're going to be stopped mid production, and without writers for last minute changes on hand, I'm almost sure they're going to take a dip in quality without writers on hand to make things happen...

Also, the fact that Heroes is grinding to a halt, a show that does a great deal on DVD and internet... is very cool, it seems as though they are supporting the strike in that way, which, again, is cool.

But yeah, Heroes gets to complete a season (it just happens to be very short)

7. Neptune Uchiha

" This is some bull***** man!" :cmad: So episode 11 is gonna be a season ender? Does that mean seson 3 will have more episodes? Is there even going to be a season 3? Maaan the story isn't even at it's peak yet.

8. Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

my bet is that they will show the other half of S2 as S2.5 or something like that.

Then just release both as S2 in the DVD boxset.

IMHO.....

9. Kanon Crazy

I'm sure the strike won't last as much as to start Season 3 after ep 11... The alternative ending is just a way to play safe, and in case it ain't aired, it would be a cool dvd extra...

10. shapeshifter Registered

thats just your opinion

11. NateGray Registered

GTFO
    make myself look ignorant huh jackass?
    by posting MY OPINION huh idiot boy

If you do not like my opinion feel free to ignore my posts kk

12. LeChuck Chucky's lil e-bro<_>

Ok, Bionic woman sucks so bad that it hurts your eyes to even watch a couple of seconds (all I saw of it was one of the worst confrontations between a goodguy and a badguy ever, when good Bionic woman faces off against Bad Bionic woman, she "Times out" and talks about how her chest was enhanced and then they start fighting a battle that is seriously worse than Ecks vs Sewer) but I actually thought Heroes got better this year. I ****ing hated it last year, but this year its been pretty sweet yet everyone seems to hate it. :huh:

13. shapeshifter Registered

for me it was the disapointment that i felt after finding out that a bunch of people i really can not stand have powers.
    i'm not going to invest my time in a bunch of people that i would rather never have known.
    who the hell cast that show?
    that is the least harsh thing i will say on this subject.

14. Superpowers Registered

This sucks. I still don't see how this strike is benefiting anyone. If the writers aren't going to get what they've asked for now, what makes them think anything is going to change?

15. PLAS Registered

what I usually do in those situations, instead of getting all mad, I just either change the channel or do something else

16. Kanon Crazy

It's a matter of time that the WGA get what they want... The studios won't face the loss for long, and if they manage to stand as much as July next year, the actor's guild and director's guild will be free to support the writers with a strike of their own.

The studios can't face a no-writers, no-actors, no-directors situation.

17. Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

I'm not saying its canceled. I'm simply saying NBC really jumped the gun and may want to try something else in the time slot once the strike is resolved (which lets face it, won't be 8 months from now. There is too much money to lose. Chances are it will be over by Christmas). Heroes isn't bringing in the numbers NBC wants. That is just a fact. Now they can use the strike to put Heroes on hiatus, try something new, see what kind of ratings they get and figure out if the problem is with the show or the time slot. If it is the show, they will likely try to revamp it in some way and NBC will get much more involved with production as opposed to letting Kring have free reign. If it is the time slot, NBC will try moving it around next year. If it is the latter, one of two things will happen.

1) It will be on at 8 pm instead of 9 pm next season. Chuck will be moved to thursday night. Thirty Rock will be moved to tuesday night. And the must see TV line up will be My Name is Earl, The Office, and Chuck.

2) Out of fear of ruining Chuck's ratings if they move it, they may very well attempt to put Heroes on Thursday night with Earl and The Office as the lead in and allow Heroes to serve as the lead in to ER. Which could boost its ratings significantly.

18. shapeshifter Registered

thats what i do

19. Eddie Brock Golden Domer

Waaaaaaaaaaay too logical for someone like this guy over here. :whatever:

20. GNR Registered

Hopefully the new finale is 2 hours.I can't see all this being wrapped up in 4 episodes.

21. Specter313 Ghost of all things X

People need to stop acting like stopping at 11 episodes this season automatically means it's going to be cancelled. I just read an article today that Grey's Anatomy is likely to be ended at 11 or so eps because of the strike as well. Anyone wanna try and say they're gonna cancel that too? I think not. Open your eyes and realize that the strike is the one and only reason the season is probably ending early and not some dumb, cospiracy theorist, ulterior motive. It may be hollywood, but it's real life and doesn't mean there's some crazy underlying conspiracy behind the scenes.

22. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Agreed

23. Gold Samurai Registered

It's not the end of the world for Heroes. Episode 11 was always suppose to close the book on the first volume's arc. Now it will close out the arc and the season.

Worst case scenario is that they come back after they show the alternate ending. Episode 11 closed everything(granted not well) but 12,13,14 will feel disjointed now.

Say for example in Episode 11 Hiro and Ando are in Texas. For Episode 11 they come back to New York and fight the main villain.

12,13 has Hiro and Ando still in Texas

24. Gotham Registered

Wait, after the second season is finished on December 03, does this mean Heroes won't ever come back? Forgive me for my ignorance, I haven't been on that much lately.