Hey kitty girls! It’s the Rupaul’s Drag Race thread

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Silvermoth, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

I’ll be voting for her. And for Eurovision. She’s having quite the year!

I actually love Courtney act, I think she’s amazing

2. Lip

Lip Registered

So she intends to be on every reality show? lol Too bad she won't be on an All Stars season.

Can't wait to see her on Survivor

3. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

Ooof. I shudder at the thought of Naomi's mentions right about now.

4. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

I’m disgusted.
    The one I don’t want to win is pretty much guaranteed to now? At least manilla had the last laugh by being happy with her husband

5. Lip

Lip Registered

Trinity was right: there's no rule to play all stars, but there's something called fairness. And eliminating Manila wouldn't get Naomi anywhere closer to that crown, since Trinity and Monet also have 3 wins and Monique 2. However, eliminating her would be the ultimate gag of the seasons, so it seemed a bit opportunistic to me. But Manila will be more than fine after this, and getting the robbed queen narrative can be even better in some cases.

There are many elements that makes RPDR enjoyable to watch, and for me the actual race is not the most important part, but it is a part of it. And it's becoming more and more frustrating to watch that part since season 9. Especially because it's always the POC doing better who gets screwed.

I'm not sure if they'll keep this format, but I don't know what is worst: keeping it or coming up with something new (god knows what). I fear for Shea next season. =(

P.S.: I detested her decision, but that was a great lipsync.

6. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

UGH! I wanted Manila to win but damn! Her husband is H.O.T. HOT! She already got the prize!

This season has probably done more to damage Latrice's rep then it has to do anything else, I hope the possibility of that crown is worth it girl.

I definitely need either Monique Hart or Naomi to win now. They've been nothing but enjoyable to watch this season.

7. Lip

Lip Registered

Despite of who wins now, their win will be "questioned" because of this controversial elimination. People will be like "Well, but if Manila was there", "Manila should've won", "justice for Manila"...

Trixie still gets **** because of Shangela, and the girls left in AS4 are not nearly as beloved and popular as Trixie is, so you can imagine.

I hope Monique wins. There's still one challenge left and she can still get 3 wins. If not Monique, then Trinity because 1) she has the best track record in a talent competition and 2) she wants to keep it fair, which made me respect her more.

8. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Yeah. Sometimes I wonder if it even matters who wins. If you said name me some iconic rupauls drag race queens I guarantee the majority of them would not be winners.

[​IMG]

9. Lip

Lip Registered

#teammonique
    #teammonique
    #teammonique
    #teammonique

10. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Same!

It’s a shame about
    Latrice though but she had her time and I think even she knew she was cooked. Still, I’m glad she had fun. Please, no trinity win.

11. Lip

Lip Registered

New Drag Show!

Thorgy and Jujubee on my screen again. Too good to be true.

Hopefully, Juju can still be part of AS5. I want her back so bad.

12. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Ha, I feel like thorgy would actually thrive more outside of rupauls drag race tbh.

Oh by the way I voted for Courtney act for Eurovision :) but she lost anyway :(

13. Lip

Lip Registered

Watching that finale like...

[​IMG]

14. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Ha. You know what? I’m happy with the result.

Trinity was always going to win but that’s boring plus, it’s weird to have non stop white queens winning especially when she’s competing with four other talented black superstars.

If she didn’t win people would be sooking that it was an identity politics thing. So now everyone is a winner. And I love Monet.

Happy to have a break before more all stars though. At least five years. It’s a problem when people aren’t afraid of loosing anymore because they’re just like “see you on all stars”

15. Lip

Lip Registered

The truth is that that Top 4 was very underwhelming. Trinity had 4 wins and Monét 3, but was any of their wins outstanding? I don't even remember which challenges Monét won. I don't think they had an outstanding performance this season. Monique was the one, for me, who showed the best glow up.

Also, they usually film double crownings. In AS3 for instance they filmed a Trixie-Kennedy double crowning. This time they didn't, which indicates that that was a last minute decision (awfully edited btw).

For me, their intention was to crown Trinity, but changed their mind because of the white winners backlash. Just look at the editing throughout the season. Trinity's edit was flawless. Comparing Trinity and Monique's edit to Monét's, it seems like they didn't want to give much attention to her. It definitely isn't a winner's edit. And that "pushed" win doesn't look good.

I want a POC in the hall of fame, but it should've been Shangela and Manila. If there wasn't shennanigans screwing Shea, Shangela and Manila, there would't be that white winners backlash.

Anyway... It will be fun to hear Bob shading Monét in every Siblings Rivalry podcast: "Monét, I won the first time and I won by myself". LOL

And now AS2 is the only AS season not universally hated.

16. Primal Slayer

Just by the judges final critiques all signs seemed to point towards Monet winning but Trinity was very strong this season and just like Glenn Close/Lady Gaga both winning an award together, looks like AS3 wanted to replicate that.

But watching Monet/Trinity react to them both winning was funny though I hate that the Queens dont know who won until it actually airs and they have to be in a bar watching it.

17. Lip

Lip Registered

Now imagine an All Winners season: Bob competing against Monét, Violet against Trixie, and Sharon against her ex-girlfriend, drag daughter and the girl who stole her crown. The. Dra-ma.

It would be fantastic television. LOL

Primal Slayer likes this.
  18. Primal Slayer

I really wish that they'd redo all the sets though. It's time to give everything a makeover.

19. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

Monet clapping back at Gia on social media is giving me life.

20. Lip

Lip Registered

Monét's hate towards Gia seems personal rather than the usual drag queen shade... It's more unconfortable than entertaining. The way she publicly talked about Gia was one of the reasons I thought they wouldn't crown her, since it isn't much that "drag-embassador" posture they usually look for in the winners.

21. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Oh no please no more all stars! I can’t wait for at least a few seasons of new faces.

Speaking of clapping back I saw eureka copped it a bit again too

22. Lip

Lip Registered

Tell that to Rupaul hahah
    Last year there was basically 3 seasons and 1 special. Before AS4 was over, they released S11 trailer and announced S12 casting. And there's the UK version coming this year. Gurl, they ain't stopping this train anytime soon...

Silvermoth likes this.
  23. Primal Slayer

Gotta strike while the wig is hot!

24. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Haha well the wigs are already in orbit so that might be hard. Oh who am I kidding I totally love it.

Anyone got any favourites already for season 11? I love sujo on twitter

25. Matt.S99

Matt.S99 Formally batboy99

It’s been discussed endlessly, but I was not a fan of the outcome of the season. I think both Trinity and Monet did well and deserved the crown, but it’s a competition. Having more than one winner is just...lame to me. Might as well have just split it between the 4 at that point. What is a win really when you have to share it? I know they both got the prize money which is great but I don’t know. I wouldn’t be too happy if I won but didn’t really.

This season (along with last seasons All Stars) was a bit of a bore. Once Manila was eliminated, I will admit that I definitely lost a lot of interest. Hell, maybe even a bit before that.

They really need to do a season where there is no chance of coming back and definitely not this again. Make it fair, but tough. If you mess up and lose, that’s it.

The real gag would be if they just don’t have a winner. Hahahaha :funny: just kidding.

In regards to season 11, I am routing for Brooke Lynn Hytes. Finally one of us Canadians on the show!
    She’s a great performer. I’ve seen her a couple times when she was still living here in Toronto.