Hey kitty girls! It’s the Rupaul’s Drag Race thread

Anyone got any favourites already for season 11?

There was that Ruveal video that was so messy that VH1 deleted, but from what I saw, I loved Silky. She seems hilarious.

This season (along with last seasons All Stars) was a bit of a bore. Once Manila was eliminated, I will admit that I definitely lost a lot of interest. Hell, maybe even a bit before that.

Once upon a time I thought doing teams was the problem of AS seasons. But then came 3 and 4, and now AS2 is the only one that actually worked.

Maybe all this backlash teach the producers (and the fans) that predictable isn't always bad. It's a talent competition, so let the best one win. It was obvious Alaska would've won, but it felt satisfatory at the end.

The problem is that I'm not sure if this "robbed queen" narrative benefits the show, so the producers force one every season. I'm rooting for Shea here, and she's the "pre-season front-runner", but after this season I'm 90% positive she'll be the shocking elimination of the season.

Silky, gurl... I thought she would be a Monique Heart, but she's a Mimi Imfirst. That was really unconfortable to watch, poor Miley.

And that is the Rupaul from the first few seasons I miss so much. He was a joy to watch in this premiere, and I loved the way he was interacting with the girls. He was even present in the photoshoot. Hopefully he'll be more fun to watch this season, because in the last few years he became just a collection of catchphrases.

Now there’s an Australian version

'RuPaul's Drag Race Australia' Is Officially A Go

Prepare yourself, hunties, because RuPaul’s Drag Race Australia is coming… hard.

TV Tonight is reporting that ITV Studios Australia has secured the local production rights to the reality show phenomenon, and is currently in negotiations with broadcasters. The aim is to get an Australian version of the program up and running by 2020.

“ITV Studios Australia have secured the rights to arguably one of the biggest formats globally at the moment,” ITV Studios CEO David Mott told TV Tonight. “With Drag Race UK about to launch and already a major hit in the US and other territories we are set to shantay onto Australian screens in 2020.”

Haha. Have you been watching Aja and the queen? It’s pretty fun

Haha. Have you been watching Aja and the queen? It’s pretty fun
That would make for quite a series.

I have been watching, though, and for the most part I like it, but it feels like it doesn’t quite know if it wants to be a drama or a comedy. Like, sure, dramedies exist... but this doesn’t quite feel like that either. Something isn’t quite clicking.

Having said that, it’s all worth it to see Ru in full drag doing her thing after so many years behind that judge’s panel.

Geez imagine how good it would be if Adele or jlaw were guest judges? I would love to hear jlaw spill the x-men tea on the Rupaul podcast

I'm glad to see they made a decision quickly. I think that **** show on Survivor 39 was a lesson.

Also, who's the other girl? Geez...
Brita Filter allegedly assaulted her drag daughter.

Brita Filter allegedly assaulted her drag daughter.

I heard stuff about other queens from past seasons, but nothing never happened or was confirmed.

Damn... the producers better get ready.

Oh dear what a scandal. But I suppose if it starts a conversation about consent in the community it can still be a positive thing

Anyway... I haven't seen the second premiere yet. Only the first 10 minutes on VH1's YT channel. But what are your thoughts on the queens?

I really liked Heidi, Nicky and Crystal. And I'm curious to see Jaiden Essence Hall and Rock M Sakura.

Crystal was my favorite from the premiere, and I already hated Michelle complaining about her doing "the same make up", when she never said the same for Trixie.

I haven’t caught up yet but I did just finish drag race UK. Loved it especial baga chipz and the Vivienne

So, they're editing her out from everything: all official videos about the show and even cast interviews.

I wonder how they'll handle this season. I have a feeling it will be a shirt show.

Two All Stars 1 queens this season and two All Stars 1 queens last season. I think it’s funny that they’ve basically acknowledged that that wasn’t really an All Stars experience and they all get a do-over.

Can’t wait til Tammie Brown gets her comeback.

images

I'm super excited to see Shea again. And I can't believe Jujubee is back <3

Have you guys seen this?

Looks good

I don’t want to believe that Ru has fallen so far from who she used to be that she can no longer even do her own makeup, but like... why the masks, gurl?

Can we agree Alexis is one of the best Rugirls ever?

I just found out she allegedly made up that military boyfriend story in S03 to get a storyline and win a challenge. From this to Valentina's french vanilla fantasy, I stan my latina sisters.

I could bet money Shea would get Shangelad/Manilad.

But to quote the iconic legendary Mariah Paris Balenciaga, a.k.a Mariah Successful, "When it's right, it's right".

I honestly would’ve been fine with any of the top 3 taking the crown. But I am glad it’s Shea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"