High School Musical 3: Senior Year?

u.s office is deifferent...also very good, different humour imo it didnt "last" 2 seasons, it was always planned to end after 2, bbc wanted it to go on and on.
thats what I love most bout living in england, we get the best of the u.s and our own stuff, i seriously think everyone should check out peep show ( a comedy series) and both lock stock and 2 smoking barrels and snatch (2 brilliant movies)

I can never in a million years ever sit through a commercial of this crap series. Why are they making another one? Disney needs to fire all of these kids.

Yeah, when you have a worldwide ratings phenomenon that sells CDs, DVDs, concert tours, ice shows, live stage tours, theme park pep rallies and merchandise into the gazillions by now, the smartest business move is to fire everyone and not make any more movies.

Of course they're making another High School Musical! They'd be crazy not to. I'm a Disney stockholder myself, so bring it on.

I've seen both movies and I think they're almost unwatchable to anyone over the age of 12. But my friends' kids adore them, and they're harmless entertainment. I know I would have obsessed over them when I was a kid.

Movies205 said:
Anyway, it's not so much as bad as it is amazingly generic and simple, seriously its like kids today haven't seen a good musical... MY FAIR LADY, FTW

Oh god, they'd be bored to death with My Fair Lady. I loved musical movies when I was a kid, but I was watching Annie, and Grease, and Oliver when it was on at Christmas time. Even The Sound of Music didn't hold my attention for very long until I was older.

I don't really care for any musical. HSM movies aren't that horrible. They just aren't good, either, if you get what I mean. It sure sucks when you have so many people thinking it's the hot s*** when it isn't good enough to deserve that many fans.

So would this be the first time a made-for-TV movie has a theatrical sequel as oppose to the other way around?

You guys are late. I've known about this since August. I will be seeing this too.:o

High School Musical blows ash. Today's generation of tweens are guitared as hell to watch this mindless ****.

That's what today's society has turned kids into these days. Mindless drones striving for mediocrity. I watched Monty Python when I was 10, not some faceless Disney movie and I'd say that I turned out pretty decent as a result.

That's what today's society has turned kids into these days. Mindless drones striving for mediocrity. I watched Monty Python when I was 10, not some faceless Disney movie and I'd say that I turned out pretty decent as a result.

Kids still watch adult themed stuff similar to that. There was just as much goofy **** back in the day as there is now. We just tend to be nostalgic about it.

Kids still watch adult themed stuff similar to that. There was just as much goofy **** back in the day as there is now. We just tend to be nostalgic about it.

Very few kids I meet actually know about any of the actual decent programming that's on the T.V., nor do they know about quality filmography such as the aforementioned. Maybe I'm just familiar with a bad batch.

But that's not aimed at children. :confused:

Very few kids I meet actually know about any of the actual decent programming that's on the T.V., nor do they know about quality filmography such as the aforementioned. Maybe I'm just familiar with a bad batch.
Yeah, cause they're kids... :confused:

Television for children is suppose to be entertaining not thought provoking.

But that's not aimed at children. :confused:

Regardless, I can name countless other examples that would apply much more favourably. Angry Beavers, Freakazoid, Rocco's Modern Life... all great kids shows, all usurped by completely mediocre replacements.

:up: Quoted for being a GOD...

So would this be the first time a made-for-TV movie has a theatrical sequel as oppose to the other way around?

Well, not exactly TV movies that got theatrical sequels, but TV shows have spawned sequels. A couple off the top of my head examples, The Naked Gun was spawned from Police Squad, and Serenity from Firefly.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=40957

And it's going to theatres this time. Shocking. :o
vomit-smiley-010.gif
Why?:csad:

Regardless, I can name countless other examples that would apply much more favourably. Angry Beavers, Freakazoid, Rocco's Modern Life... all great kids shows, all usurped by completely mediocre replacements.

You can't really compare Disney and Nick shows. Plus those are silly cartoons, and we're talking about live action/musicals.

Yeah, cause they're kids... :confused:

Television for children is suppose to be entertaining not thought provoking.

Most of the people I am acquainted with knew of those things around the 12+ stage of their lives. I rarely see anyone at that stage interested in anything more than HSM-esque programming nowadays. Maybe it's just the generational disconnect.

You can't really compare Disney and Nick shows. Plus those are silly cartoons, and we're talking about live action/musicals.

Heck, even Power Rangers had more of a point than Disney "live action" shows. At least they blew some stuff up.

Most of the people I am acquainted with knew of those things around the 12+ stage of their lives. I rarely see anyone at that stage interested in anything more than HSM-esque programming nowadays. Maybe it's just the generational disconnect.
I believe the target demographic for HSM is 5-14 anyway.

Heck, even Power Rangers had more of a point than Disney "live action" shows. At least they blew some stuff up.
:confused: Blowing things up makes quality programing.

Plus Disney owns the right to Power Rangers now.:o

:up: Quoted for being a GOD...

I think it had more to do with my parents being avid fans of the stuff when I was a kid. They didn't hold back on exposing me to that sort of media. Actually, thinking about it now, I watched the original Predator with my father when I was 8-9. Talk about awesome childhood experience.

I believe the target demographic for HSM is 5-14 anyway.

Hell, I'm not trying to argue over what's intended for whom... but even 5-10 years ago programming at least stimulated the mind as well as being entertaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"