MAN OF STEEL
GOTHAM AWAKES

MAN OF STEEL
THE CAPED CRUSADER

S U P E R M A N
S U N F A L L

or something

Last edited:
Here is what I think would of been nice now that I look back. I think they tried to make Man of Steel too big. They had the right idea with the ending but the movie itself had too much. Here is what I would of liked to see.

Man of Steel
Clark travels the globe doing great things. Confused but not angry like he was in MoS. He does little good deeds and stops would be criminals. Solves a crisis and moves to Metropolis to work the daily planet while finding the FoS and the suit near the end.

Man of Steel 2 The Man of Tomorrow
Now a recognized Superhero. Lois discovers his identity at some point in the movie and their romance builds. Superman encounters Lex and eventually Brainiac. Another crisis or two and Superman saves the day.

Superman
Doomsday makes an appearance and starts destroying everything. He defeats Superman early in the movie. Superman defeats Doomsday in the end.

The problem is that when you start to try to shoehorn in characters like Batman and Wonder Woman in, it becomes less about Superman. They need to worry more about how to make a great Superman movie and less about how Batman fits into Superman's world.

And please no more ****** posters and promo shots. Crisp clean posters made by people with talent. Or use that JMC poster.

And please no more ****** posters and promo shots. Crisp clean posters made by people with talent. Or use that JMC poster.

Dude, that's not cool, people can make whatever posters/promo shots they want.

I thought he was talking about the crappy looking official posters we got for MOS and TDKR?

Yeah. I still dig the handcuffs poster and wish it was the blu-ray cover art. Instead we got the most generic cover art ever, and basically the same image as the SR cover. Not cool WB. Still, the TDKR blu-ray cover is worse...

As for the title. World's Finest is still the best answer. The Dark Knight. Man of Steel. World's Finest. It just fits. And people will learn what 'World's Finest' means from the marketing onslaught just like they learnt what the 'Avengers' meant. I don't think it will take people long to learn 'it's the movie with Batman and Superman in it'.

As for best out of that possible list. Probably Man of Steel: Knight Falls. But still. It's a pretty ugly name (doesn't make sense, doesn't roll off the tongue, just sloppy). But if it's honestly the best they can do, and they've proven they can do worse...

The more i play with it in my mind, the more i really like 'Man Of Steel 2: Knightfall'

That's my vote.

And I'm dead against calling it 'Worlds Finest'. I'm a long time comics fan but i don't need nor want the film makers going with such a bland title just to pander to the older comic book readers. It lacks drama.

David

I'd only call it World's finest if they were thinking of making the team up its own sup franchise of both series. So you'd get a World's Finest 2 at some point in the future.

Man of Steel Faces the Knight

Man of Steel Darkest Knight

Man of Steel Knightfall

Man of Steel: Enter the Dark Knight

Bent Steel Broken Bat

Man of Steel: Shadow of the Bat

World's Finest

Man of Steel: World's Finest Heroes

"We're already in pre-production," Goyer told a Comic-Con panel on Sunday. "(The film) comes out in summer of 2015 ... We're actually not sure whether the title is 'Superman vs. Batman' or 'Batman vs. Superman,' but yes, it's that rematch, that combination, the two guys onscreen and that's happening.

It'll be Batman vs Superman

I might be alone, but I'm all for whatever they call it. I'm still gonna see the film opening night. *Shrugs*

no matter what it's called, GAs will probably refer to it as the Batman-Superman movie.

no matter what it's called, GAs will probably refer to it as the Batman-Superman movie.

True dat. Even Man of Steel was generally referred to as "Superman." Coming up with an alternative title won't have very much impact.

It could affect how seriously the critics take the movie however.

It could affect how seriously the critics take the movie however.

A movie title will affect critics? Really? They should check themselves then because "Beast of the Southern Wild" never inspired anything from me except laughter. :cwink:

NO, I did not read the book.

All of the titles recently registered by Warner Bros. seem terrible to me, as does the generic an dill-fated Superman vs. Batman working title.

For me, it's got to be either World's Finest or Superman/Batman: World's Finest but at this point, I would gladly take a title-less film that simply uses the Bat-on-S-Logo as the title and nothing else, and have the film's title only officially stated in the credits (Superman/Batman) so we can call it whatever the bad place we want. This last option actually seems somewhat likely to me given the abstract titles Warner Bros. have given Superman and Batman films in the last few years (i.e: The Dark Knight, without mentioning Batman beyond the logo).

"We're already in pre-production," Goyer told a Comic-Con panel on Sunday. "(The film) comes out in summer of 2015 ... We're actually not sure whether the title is 'Superman vs. Batman' or 'Batman vs. Superman,' but yes, it's that rematch, that combination, the two guys onscreen and that's happening.

It'll be Batman vs Superman

Wait seriously SWEET man that would be awesome

Ive always hated Worlds finest as a name for the Superman/Batman duo-So bland.It also isnt appropriate for the movie.People need to understand that this is a VERSUS movie not a TEAMUP movie.
So I choose.
Man of steel:Battle the Knight.

The Title showcases what I want from the movie.Which is for it to be a Man of steel sequel that only happens to have Batman as its antagonist

a Batman only guy no Batman's name should be first.
it's a sequel to Man of Steel a Superman film and they're reintroducing Batman. So therefore Supes comes first in the title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"