BvS Honest Attempt at a Title Thread

Branding aside, I don't really want "Man of Steel" to be in the title at all. Let's face it, this is not just a Superman movie - it's quite emphatically a teamup movie and should be treated as such. The Avengers should have proven that once and for all - it's not like they had to put Iron Man's name in the title.

Every single one of the titles I've seen that includes MOS just comes off incredibly awkward to me, and I would actually prefer Batman vs. Superman to any of these suggested titles. You can call it cheesy or reminiscent of pro wrestling, but the fact is that it's concise, straight and to-the-point. It tells the audience exactly what this movie is about.

The only exception for me would be calling it Man of Steel/Dark Knight, which has a nice ring to it in a Frost/Nixon kind of way.

My list of proposed good titles would basically include:

• Batman vs. Superman
  • Batman/Superman
  • Man of Steel/Dark Knight
  • Batman/Superman: World's Finest
  • World's Finest

i actually like the idea of it being called Man of Steel:Shadow of a Bat or something similar.

bad place even MOS: The Dark Knight would work too lol

bad place even MOS: The Dark Knight would work too lol

Agreed, except they should take out the "The" before Dark Knight to make it snappier. And I prefer the slash instead of the colon for the aforementioned Frost/Nixon parallel.

I can't believe I just typed that. This whole forum is starting to devolve into self-parody. More news now, dammit! :argh:

Man of Steel: Dark Knight! Oh that one could definitely work.
I also like whoever came up with
MOS:Battle The Knight

If it came down to Batman vs. Superman or Man of Steel: Dark Knight, which of those two would people prefer?

Title isn't rocket science.

Call it either:

Batman vs. Superman
Batman/Superman
Batman/Superman: World's Finest

That's it. Don't try to make it bigger than it is. Make it simple.

^ Agreed, although if they have the balls to title it just World's Finest I say go for it.

If it came down to Batman vs. Superman or Man of Steel: Dark Knight, which of those two would people prefer?

As much as I don't want DK in the title, I'd take the latter over the former in a heartbeat.

World's Finest, Superman/Batman, or Man of Steel: World's Finest

Come on guys. This movie can't have The Dark Knight moniker anywhere NEAR this title. It's about as much common sense as it gets. TDK trilogy needs to be left alone and having TDK moniker in this sequels title will only further send the wrong message to the masses who will expect some type of ongoing series from TDK and that's a big no-no.

If the title were to be Batman VS Superman; Superman VS Batman I would have to live with and and learn to like it, but I truly do think this followup deserves a better title than that. A "VS" in the title screams laziness and gimmick and to me, that's the LAST THING WB & DC should go for when building a universe off of your two most prized properties.

This is a unique pairing on screen and I think the title should be unique as well.........or ATLEAST everything better than "VS".

Come on guys. This movie can't have The Dark Knight moniker anywhere NEAR this title. It's about as much common sense as it gets. TDK trilogy needs to be left alone and having TDK moniker in this sequels title will only further send the wrong message to the masses who will expect some type of ongoing series from TDK and that's a big no-no.

If the title were to be Batman VS Superman; Superman VS Batman I would have to live with and and learn to like it, but I truly do think this followup deserves a better title than that. A "VS" in the title screams laziness and gimmick and to me, that's the LAST THING WB & DC should go for when building a universe off of your two most prized properties.

This is a unique pairing on screen and I think the title should be unique as well.........or ATLEAST everything better than "VS".

I agree with you, Tra. However, no matter how you look at it, Batman's name or moniker will be in that title regardless, it just depends on what exactly it is. I mean, with the logo for the movie having both Superman and Batman in it, the title will reflect that for both story and marketing purposes to the masses. Plus, on one hand, referring to Batman as the Dark Knight will make people think of the DK Trilogy and think it is in some way a continuation of it and thus causes confusion; but on the other hand, we have used Dark Knight to refer to Batman WAY before those movies. Heck, we had the animated adaptation of the Dark Knight Returns, and people who knew of it (with fresh eyes) knew it wasn't connected to the Nolanverse at all. In fact, the only confusion I ever got from that was with my friend (and maybe some others like her) who thought I was talking about Dark Knight Rises when I was bringing up Dark Knight Returns, only because of how similar the titles were.

Words I don't want to see at the title:

Requiem, rises, returns, nemesis, worlds, falls, clashes, meet, collide, unite, united.

Words I might want to see in the title:

Finest, public, enemies, Potter pig.

I honestly can't think of a good much less great title for a MoS sequel that features a 40 something Batman, Nightwing, and a cameo by WW played by a Russian model (I keed I keed).

Did not see this (teamup movie) coming after a shaky but profitable and build-upon-able start to a new Superman franchise. Im sure WB/DC think they're hedging their bets by throwing in Bats and setting up a cinematic universe, but to me they just needlessly complicated a follow up film that only needed a few tweaks, some added color/humor, and a (hopefully) game-changing performance by the actor playing Lex Luthor. Oh well.

Some unambigiously good news about this project would be nice. The casting of LL hopefully.

on-topic:

So I vote WORLD'S FINEST. No subtitle. No combining the Bat signal with the 'S'. Keep it simple and classy - doesn't WB want to be the mature, "prestige" cb/sh studio?. Trying to explain or foreshadow such an outlandish plot is just pointless. Consider: Cap and Widow: Winter Soldier or Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever. It just doesn't work.

WORLD'S FINEST and some subtle early marketing that shows that Supes and Bats are in fact the finest mofos in the world. Done.

I agree with you, Tra. However, no matter how you look at it, Batman's name or moniker will be in that title regardless, it just depends on what exactly it is. I mean, with the logo for the movie having both Superman and Batman in it, the title will reflect that for both story and marketing purposes to the masses. Plus, on one hand, referring to Batman as the Dark Knight will make people think of the DK Trilogy and think it is in some way a continuation of it and thus causes confusion; but on the other hand, we have used Dark Knight to refer to Batman WAY before those movies. Heck, we had the animated adaptation of the Dark Knight Returns, and people who knew of it (with fresh eyes) knew it wasn't connected to the Nolanverse at all. In fact, the only confusion I ever got from that was with my friend (and maybe some others like her) who thought I was talking about Dark Knight Rises when I was bringing up Dark Knight Returns, only because of how similar the titles were.

Batman's name is going to be in the title, no question (in some form or fashion whether it be by name of reference) but anything will work but "Dark Knight." MoS and its creators, especially Nolan, who WB respects at the highest of high levels, went way out of their way to make it known that TDK is on its own and MoS will not feature Bale or be an continuation from TDK trilogy in any capacity. Everything moving forward will walk entirely new grounds, especially Batman if he would ever show up.

It will be completely new and Nolan pounded his fist against the table to ensure that his Batman and his universe is a standalone. No way WB will slap him or that standalone money-maker in the face with placing "Dark Knight" anywhere near this new property. They will go as far away from that as humanly possible.

Dude, that's not cool, people can make whatever posters/promo shots they want.

Yes for forums and posting on the internet that is true. But when it comes to theatrical release posters, you would think they would of come up with something better. The blurry poster of Superman in handcuffs did nothing for me. It was...puzzling. The execs at WB needs to approve better posters is what I meant. If that was the best they could come up with for MoS they need to try harder for MoS 2. I don't even care for Batman being in MoS 2 but your artwork actually made me take notice in a positive way.

WORLD'S FINEST and some subtle early marketing that shows that Supes and Bats are in fact the finest mofos in the world. Done.
I really want the title to be World's Finest, and that's probably what I'll call it no matter what. I really don't get the complaints that it's too American.

The only other title I sorta of liked amongst the ones registered were MOS Knightfall.

I like Knightfall, too. If I had to pick one from the registered, that title wins in a landslide for me. Worlds Finest would work, too, but I have a feeling it won't go in that direction from the sole purpose of them not being buddy buddy. The Worlds Finest title is selling a partner teammup movie from the start but I think Bruce will be introduced as a more anti-Superman at first but unconditionally coming together by movies end.

Using "dark knight" in the title would not be improper at all. Like it or not, one of Batman's main monikers is "The Dark Knight." That being said, Knightfall would work great.

Not saying it's improper nor would I blindly debate that TDK isn't one of Batman's main associations because it is. When talking about this cinematic universe and what has already been over and done with, TDK name-drop doesn't make the least bit sense to include in the title when WB and DC look to move along far, far away from TDK as it can get. We should get something completely different but that's just me.

TDK name-drop doesn't make the least bit sense to include in the title when WB and DC look to move along far, far away from TDK as it can get.

Are you sure that WB wouldn't want to bank on TDK name?

(even if it's a new continuity?)

It's two entirely separate franchise's and this MoS-verse must distinguish their own identity. This is a fresh and entirely new take on Batman. Using TDK sends that wrong message and uses a title that is not only standalone, but now over and done with. With TDK trilogy making billions with TDK and TDKRises, that only cements WB staying away from that property since that trilogy stands on its own unique, sacred ground.

If WB/DC wanted to use TDK title and property, they should have kept the Nolanverse and ran away with it. IMHO, this new Supes franchise and Superman/Batman; MOS2 needs its own identity and fresh outlook to be successful on its own merit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"