Horizon Horizon Forbidden West

I have gotten back into the swing of things and I am actually doing better than before. Taking time off to refresh was helpful, even if maybe a little too long.

Is it? The gameplay is definitely fun, but the gameplay itself is super simple imo. It isn't Bayonetta or Devil May Cry.

It's relatively simple gameplay enhanced with some sophisticated targets. The range of metal beasts with different behavior, attacks and weak spots keeps it interesting. You can shred machines with the right tactics but they can hurt you pretty badly too.

It's relatively simple gameplay enhanced with some sophisticated targets. The range of metal beasts with different behavior, attacks and weak spots keeps it interesting. You can shred machines with the right tactics but they can hurt you pretty badly too.
Yeah, but this applies to all systems. If you play it poorly, you will do poorly. The thing about Horizon Zero Dawn is that the barrier to entry isn't very high. You attack the weak spot on the enemy, until the enemy can be finished. You will spend time dodging, but the gameplay loop is not punishing nor does it require a high level of precision. It's not constantly asking you to think and remember multiple things at once, while giving you very minimal time to react. You also aren't going to spend time learning complex button sequences nor is the gameplay loop constantly asking very different things from you, adding variety.

Sekiro has "simple" button presses, but you wouldn't say a game like Horizon Zero Dawn compares in terms of sophistication when it comes to the gameplay.

Really looking forward to seeing more details and gameplay from this. I also want to see what new species they’ve included.

Let us hope Marv. :oldrazz:

qAjlvOVlHBFF-AS8RcpsYXyoPHndugJEv-yO8zuDB5gBA7v1z8o-AL4F341557-ki3MBT4YImhDj_3AO2ZcdQlbVkqO_Rd4WcN2x9kkjmfpvX2M7cYJWMRQVGQIglscwyy8PI7xVLHty93IXCJFIiKhPkfN2Qj5ePRI

This is coming to ps4 as well! Though I would probably save this for the ps5.

It may be coming for the PS4 but I am going to get the PS5 version for sure. They would have to downscale too much for it on the PS4 compared to what the PS5 would offer.

It may be coming for the PS4 but I am going to get the PS5 version for sure. They would have to downscale too much for it on the PS4 compared to what the PS5 would offer.
Now that I will have a PS5, I don't have to worry about getting it for the PS4. I do hope though the PS4 version is an honest effort, as they will be charging 60 bucks for it and so many fans of the first game will still only have a PS4 when it comes out. Probably the majority.

Yeah if i wasn't eyeing to get the ps5 in less than a year as I would need more games for ps5 to justify buying a new console. I would be picking the ps4 version. The first game is one of the best looking games I've played on ps4 so the second game should still look great if not better in the ps4. And it probably would.

I've been replaying the first game again and just discovered an Easter egg for the second game.

There is a Banuk shaman in the desert that drinks machine blood to cause visions. He has you collect various types of blood and gives you descriptions of past events. The last vision he has is of the future. Of a coming storm. Jungles burning. Machines blue light dying in the eddies of ashes. Alloy fallen, pale as snow flash, eyes staring open. He says he will leave. Flee to the Forbidden West, and if she survives the storm she should look for him there.

The quest line is called "Aquired Taste."

Last edited:
I remember that side quest.his hideout is right after you passed those mechanical birds.

Me too. I did all the achievements for HZD and Frozen Wilds expansion. I was thinking that might be what they had planned for a sequel since it was specific enough.

I still expect we will get game play and release date announced around e3 when Sony does there next show. I know Sony is not doing e3 but they will likely do a state of play around e3. I still say it will be a November game.

SoP this Thursday.

Starting at 9AM Pacific Time / 5PM BST / 6PM CEST, please tune in at your leisure for a uniquely crafted countdown towards the main State of Play event, which starts at 2PM Pacific Time / 10PM BST / 11PM CEST.

During this State of Play, we will debut the Horizon Forbidden West gameplay reveal! In this 20-minute exclusive segment, you’ll be seeing about 14 minutes of brand new in-game action featuring our heroic protagonist Aloy, all captured directly on PlayStation 5.

Discover the Forbidden West in our next State of Play

Just came to post this can't wait yeah it's not going to be delayed and I wonder what the count down thing is all about.

Nice! That means it's more likely to still release this year if they are starting to build the hype now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"