Horizon Horizon Forbidden West

giphy.gif

The game looks fantastic. I can't wait to play it.

Just came to post this can't wait yeah it's not going to be delayed and I wonder what the count down thing is all about.
Yeah, with this much finished-looking gameplay on show it can't be too far off.

Human combat looks greatly improved. The graphics look has good has the reveal last year when people where saying that's not possible. The parachute is awesome. The new grappling hock looks amazing. Wow just wow wish we got a release date though.

No release date...

Yep, this is delayed until next year.

Btw make sure you all watch in 4K (if you didn't already). It looks so much better than the livestream I was watching before.

No release date...

What's happening with Sony's show (non E3) this year? Could they still announce it then if they have a date ready? (even though it would make more sense to announce now if they have a date)

No release date...

I am going to say that it's still November this year. I fell like if it was next year we would have only gotten a trailer today instead of 14 minutes of game play. It could be they want ratchet to come out first or that they want to wait for a bigger e3 like state of play or it could be that they are shooting for like september but are not sure and may have to push it to November and don't want to say untill they know for sure.

I thought a release date would have been a long shot unless it was going to be out in August or September... but then Dying Light 2 just announced a December release date today.

Maybe they are saving the date announcement for sometime in Q3 for a Q4 release... but this is already the 2nd State of Play for Horizon and they could have announced an eXact date by now.

If its delayed to neXt year.... Ratchet & Clank would be the last ps5 eXclusive / 1st party game of Sony for 2021.

Last edited:
I am going to say that it's still November this year. I fell like if it was next year we would have only gotten a trailer today instead of 14 minutes of game play. It could be they want ratchet to come out first or that they want to wait for a bigger e3 like state of play or it could be that they are shooting for like september but are not sure and may have to push it to November and don't want to say untill they know for sure.
Days Gone had gameplay video in 2016 and that game was released by Sony in 2019.

We don't know how affected Sony is with the pandemic but I'm pretty sure it also hit Guerilla Games' development with this game.

But I agree that the parachute/grappling hook look really cool.

Edit: I looked up the new video again and it didn't even show 2021. :dry:Yeah I think that confirms that this game is not 100% guaranteed to be out later this year.

Last edited:
Days Gone had gameplay video in 2016 and that game was released by Sony in 2019.

We don't know how affected Sony is with the pandemic but I'm pretty sure it also hit Guerilla Games' development with this game.

But I agree that the parachute/grappling hook look really cool.

Edit: I looked up the new video again and it didn't even show 2021. :dry:Yeah I think that confirms that this game is not 100% guaranteed later this year.

I know days gone got gameplay in 2016 but was it a lot or just like 3-4 minutes? Also it just seems like lately like the last year or so Sony has wanted closer to release to show game play and it seems like time from a games state of play be it ratchet, ghost of tushima, The last of us got stat of plays not to far out from release and they did say this. We don’t have an exact release date yet, but development is on track and we’ll have an update for you very soon.

I know days gone got gameplay in 2016 but was it a lot or just like 3-4 minutes? Also it just seems like lately like the last year or so Sony has wanted closer to release to show game play and it seems like time from a games state of play be it ratchet, ghost of tushima, The last of us got stat of plays not to far out from release and they did say this. We don’t have an exact release date yet, but development is on track and we’ll have an update for you very soon.
The Days Gone e3 2016 demo was over 10 minutes.

Just saying that this pandemic have caused every gaming publisher to adjust their release schedule. And if a game like Days Gone had gameplay footage and only to be released 2 to 3 years later. What about a bigger game being developed/polished in a pandemic and they are releasing this game to two gen of Ps, thats eXtra work.

So far Sony have failed to convince me with that new video, this would be released this year. They didn't even mention 2021.

The music in that demo was fantastic! The first games score is one of my favorite aspects of that game.

The bow seemed really underpowered, but I guess it will be upgraded and replaced by more powerful weapons.

Love the new combat elements.

The graphics on the characters is getting uncomfortably close to uncanny Valley at times. Game devs really need to keep that in mind when pushing for photo realism. Id rather a character look less realistic rather than suffer 10+ hours of uncanny Valley.

The Days Gone e3 2016 demo was over 10 minutes.

Just saying that this pandemic have caused every gaming publisher to adjust their release schedule. And if a game like Days Gone had gameplay footage and only to be released 2 to 3 years later. What about a bigger game being developed/polished in a pandemic and they are releasing this game to two gen of Ps, thats eXtra work.

So far Sony have failed to convince me with that new video, this would be released this year. They didn't even mention 2021.

I know the pandemic has effected things but I think this game would be out already if the pandemic didnt happen and I know about days gone I am just saying with the state of play things that has not been how Sony has done things. Its been a state of play for a game and game then out in like 5 months if not less.

The music in that demo was fantastic! The first games score is one of my favorite aspects of that game.

The bow seemed really underpowered, but I guess it will be upgraded and replaced by more powerful weapons.

Love the new combat elements.

The graphics on the characters is getting uncomfortably close to uncanny Valley at times. Game devs really need to keep that in mind when pushing for photo realism. Id rather a character look less realistic rather than suffer 10+ hours of uncanny Valley.

The music was fantastic but I disagree the closer to realistic the better and I think at some point you will not be able to tell a game from real life. Its like that with some movie cig and you can already find moments of that in games with the right lighting. The water looks photo real in this.

Good video comparing some things from the first game to this from like physics to graphics and such.

I’ve watched it again. It was a really impressive demo and the game seems like a step up in many ways for the first game. Nice gameplay improvements and gorgeous visuals.

Excellent demo looks wonderful. Very anxious for to dive into this game.

I actually prefer how Aloy looks in the 1st game than this new game. The humans in the gameplay video of the 2nd video look more cartoonish than photo realistic. Especially just looking at the YouTube thumbnail above. I don't know maybe its the lighting?

This looks like a fantastic sequel. All the new toys feel right but seem to greatly improve combat and traversal. The new beasts so far look fun. This will probably be my first PS5 game, though considering how awful this gen has been so far, I'm in no rush to pick it up.

Good video comparing some things from the first game to this from like physics to graphics and such.

Alloy's head looks too big for her body. Like it belongs on a heftier woman. They need to slim her cheeks and lower jaw some.

Those visuals look crazy good! I just hope they find a way to have that with a steady 60 fps soon.

Alloy's head looks too big for her body. Like it belongs on a heftier woman. They need to slim her cheeks and lower jaw some.

I do think she could have a little bit slimmer face but boy am I tried of people talking about this. Its like the change to Peters face all over again lol like some people saying they are not going to buy the game because of it and I am like really and she dont look fat like some people are saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"