Horizon Horizon Forbidden West

Scrolling through the list of editions was a deeply frustrating affair. This gen sucks man.

Good news for Horizon. Bad for GoW.
I don`t see big exclusives coming to PS4 for too long, anyway. So God of War will probably be the cap, for me.

Yeah I think they already confirmed that. I just hope they finally keep up with the demand by mid 2022 for the ps5 so people can just buy it anywhere.

Next year will hopefully be the last cross-gen year and also the last year with restrictions on the ability to purchase next gen consoles.

I am tempted to buy this asap. But I really want to play it with the ps5 which I still don't have yet. Hopefully if there's an eXpansion, thats the one I would get so I wouldn't double dip in the future.

Looks like a great upgrade to the first game.

Whenever this thread gets bumped I keep expecting an announcement that it's been delayed again but I guess since it's about six weeks out we're in the clear. *fingers crossed*

I'm hopeful about all this focus they're putting on a "living world". There was always something about the original game that left me feeling just a little bit hollow. This is my favourite genre of game but for whatever reason, the first games world never really dug it's hooks into me. Side quests felt a little bit flat to me, every interaction with another person felt a bit static (which might have been a writing problem, more than anything). And I felt like the world only existed for me to sprint through, from collectible to objective.

It probably wasn't helped that it came out at the same time as Breath of the Wild, which was a game that really encouraged exploration (although that said, I wish that world had a tiny bit more life to it too).

But I hope that's less of an issue this time around! I still played through and enjoyed the core story of the OG but it just didn't have that extra pull that I normally love in these kinda games, where you just want to keep jumping back into the world.

That trailer makes me want to go back and replay the first game again even though it's only been a year since I played it. I'm also feeling the hype of this being the biggest Sony game release since the PS5 launch.

So excited for this. The first one took me a long time to get through actually because despite really enjoying it in the end, I think the opening section feels pretty slow, the side missions were mostly underwhelming, and good god is Erend super boring to have to hang around. But the fun gameplay, Aloy, Sylens, the world, and the overall quite good main story really makes me enjoy it nonetheless. I have a lot of hopes this will be able to improve upon most of my issues with the first one, and hearing some reviewers say they've seen previews of NPC systems that are much more engaging to interact with makes me hopeful they've taken it onboard. Plus, they did a better job with it in the DLC, I thought. The only thing I haven't loved in the previews so far is Erend being back, because he really did bore me.

I'm trying to get my hands on a PS5 at the moment in hopes I can have one for when this comes out.

That futuristic hologram lady at the end makes me think of four possible scenarios.

1. A group managed to access the Apollo learning programs and have spent hundreds of years advancing beyond 22nd century humans.

2.Ted Faro did survive in cryo, and the woman is a part of his group.

3. The Horizon Odyssey didn't explode, colonized other planets, and they have returned to reclaim earth.

4. She's one of Gaia's subordinat AIs.

Number 4 seems the most likely. Number three could be the craziest, and I would like to have a Horizon Odyssey scifi game, but I'm not crazy about the idea of humans from space getting involved in Aloy's affairs.

So excited for this. The first one took me a long time to get through actually because despite really enjoying it in the end, I think the opening section feels pretty slow, the side missions were mostly underwhelming, and good god is Erend super boring to have to hang around. But the fun gameplay, Aloy, Sylens, the world, and the overall quite good main story really makes me enjoy it nonetheless. I have a lot of hopes this will be able to improve upon most of my issues with the first one, and hearing some reviewers say they've seen previews of NPC systems that are much more engaging to interact with makes me hopeful they've taken it onboard. Plus, they did a better job with it in the DLC, I thought. The only thing I haven't loved in the previews so far is Erend being back, because he really did bore me.

I'm trying to get my hands on a PS5 at the moment in hopes I can have one for when this comes out.

hearties-rosemary-wcth.gif

Erend was criminally underused in Zero Dawn. Im worried he's going to die in this game.

Last edited:
hearties-rosemary-wcth.gif

Erend was criminally underused in Zero Dawn. Im worried he's going to die in this game.
How was he criminally underused? More over, what is there to like about him? He's just a bland dude, without a story to tell. The big issue with HZD is the bland characters that aren't Aloy and her "mother" imo. A lot of them are tedious to talk to, with their early 00s RPG conversation stylings and Erend was the worst offended. Talking to him at the ritual nearly made me put down the game (I really like the first game but the pacing is horrendous).

By the way, I am assuming his name is Erend because that is what you wrote. I sure as heck didn't remember it, and I platinumed the game.

I really should play the first one, huh? I have it, back from when they gave a digital copy to everyone for free, but I've never gotten around to it. The Pokemans are coming up soon, so I might start up after that. Maybe by the time I finish it, the sequel will be on sale.

Yes, play the first game. Compare to other open world games out there, the game isn't really that long including the DLC. And seeing different terrains and creatures makes time faster and would encourage you to complete the game asap.

Also tmost convenient thing about the game is you can fast travel even when you're in a middle of trouble. Most games don't allow that.

That's a lot of a lot of space. I might need to invest in some extra storage sooner than I expected.

I might get another external hard drive solely for PS5 games just to avoid taking up too much space on the actual console. I already have one connected to it that's loaded up with PS4 games.

That's a lot of a lot of space. I might need to invest in some extra storage sooner than I expected.
I did recently, the extra terabyte of space is really nice to have, pretty much eliminates any actual problems with storage space.

man I binged the first game till about 80 or percent in then just dropped it, maybe I should pick it up to finish the story but now I'm gonna have to remember the important story beats.

I might get another external hard drive solely for PS5 games just to avoid taking up too much space on the actual console. I already have one connected to it that's loaded up with PS4 games.
Do you think you’ll get one with a solid state drive? Don’t know if they’ve gone down in price but they were pretty expensive last time I looked. Large regular hard drives are much better value now than they once were though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"