Horizon Horizon Forbidden West

That's really ****ty, especially for those in poor countries. I guess with Forbidden West around the corner Sony is hiking the price to maximize revenue from late PC players who want to get into the franchise.

It's a bizarre decision considering the game is available DRM-free on GOG so players from poor countries will be further inclined to go the piracy route.

And people that wanted to play the first game before Forbidden West might wait longer to buy the sequel. Others might skip the first game entirely and lessen their Forbidden West experience.

Only 3 and a half hours until the review embargo is up.

GG seem to have opened 2022 with a grandslam.

I made room on my PS5 for this so I'm ready for the weekend.

Apparently Alloy sometimes suffers from a wondering eye glitch, and the Day One patch doesn't fix it. Its pretty funny seeing her eyes pointing every which way, even back in her skull, during a conversation, but I hope GG fixes it with the second patch.

Looking at the very tiny number of mixed to negative reviews, they are sharply in contrast with the majortiy reporting otherwise.

Damn this looks so good. Big improvement on the first game.

Glad this is going down well. I loved the first game. Not sure when I'll end up playing this but it's on my list for sure. Probably the first game of the generation to tempt me.

I keep saying it but maybe I should finally beat Zero Dawn lol

6 more hours...

mybodyisready-ruboil.gif

I'm old school and have to wait for my disc to arrive tomorrow. :(

Really enjoying it so far. As someone who was mixed on the first game (Liked the gameplay but was never grabbed by the quest narratives), the writing is already much better. Some great character moments, compelling dialogue. Every NPC seems to have an interesting point of view on the world or something happening and I'm hungrily choosing every dialogue option in a way I definitely wasn't with the previous game.

Horizon Forbidden West loads so fast on PS5 the developers had to slow it down

Game director Mathijs de Jonge told Engadget that the PS5’s internal SSD allowed for drastically increased loading times over the PS4’s hard drive, letting players boot up the game or fast travel across its map within seconds, rather than minutes.

However, the speeds were so fast that playtesters didn’t have enough time to read the gameplay hints displayed on each loading screen, missing out on tips about Aloy’s gear and the environment of the Forbidden West.

There is an option in the settings to skip the hints screen and immediately enter the game. :up::up:

Seriously, I could kiss the devs for giving us so many settings options. I wish every studio was so considerate and allowed players to customize their gaming experience.

The menu music is ****ing great. :atp:

Last edited:
Fast load times are always preferable. Giving people the option to slow them down to read tips is nice too. Control's load times were so notoriously long it was a deterrent until I played it on the PS5. Hearing HFW is going to be fast is a relief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"