Horizon Horizon: Zero Dawn

Havok83

Avenger
Reaction score
Mods can change the title when the game gets officially announced with an actual name but as of now their new IP is internally known as Horizon. Here are some alleged leaked concept images

1410851857-guerrilla-games-horizon-art-1.jpg

1410851748-guerrilla-games-horizon-art-2.jpg

Article from earlier in the year:

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/229679...s_new_ip_over_two_years_into_development.html

PS4: Killzone Developer's New IP Over Two Years Into Development

Killzone: Shadow Fall developer Guerilla Games has revealed that their next PS4 game has already been in development for a long time, meaning it could be coming sooner than expected.

Published on Feb 25, 2014

Killzone: Shadow Fall developer Guerilla Games has revealed that its next IP has already been in development for over two years, meaning we could be getting a new Guerilla PS4 game sooner than expected.

In a video showing off the Guerilla offices, spotted by Dualshockers, executive producer Angie Smets said that Guerilla have been working on their new IP for two and a half years.

It had been assumed that, given that Guerilla only recently shipped Killzone: Shadow Fall, their next PS4 game would be some way down the line.

News that a significant amount of development time has already gone into Guerilla's new IP means that we may not have to wait as long as expected.

There have been rumours that Guerilla's next PS4 game will be an open-world RPG as well as suggestions that a reveal of their next game is not far off.

open world RPG?? you've got my attention........

sounds interesting.

if it's "open world," I wonder if we play as a set protagonist or if we get to create our own character.

hope it' the latter.

and, this will be a PS4 exclusive for sure?

also, do you think this could be fully revealed at the TGS?

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds interesting.

if it's "open world," I wonder if we play as a set protagonist or if we get to create our own character.

hope it' the latter.

and, this will be a PS4 exclusive for sure?

also, do you think this could be fully revealed at the TGS?
Guerilla is a Sony owned studio so it will definitely be exclusive. I dont expect a PS3 or Vita version.

TGS? Nah. This is more geared towards a Western audience. I actually wouldnt be surprised if its a while before we get an official announcement. Maybe some time early next year. If the 2016 release window is true, I dont think Sony wants to talk about it too early.

Guerilla is a Sony owned studio so it will definitely be exclusive. I dont expect a PS3 or Vita version.

TGS? Nah. This is more geared towards a Western audience. I actually wouldnt be surprised if its a while before we get an official announcement. Maybe some time early next year. If the 2016 release window is true, I dont think Sony wants to talk about it too early.

ah. ok.

good to hear that it will be exclusive.

it sounds interesting and I always like open world RPGs......so hope that's what it is.

I'll be keeping my eye on this.

to be completely honest, it does not look that original to me but I'm all for it.

one quick thing though - when ND was asked why there was no local coop for Uc2 they said it was because they did not want to compromise the graphics/ i.e, render everything twice.

then Uc3 came out with better graphics and split screen. Same with Kz3. and gears of war on 360 which are probably of the best graphics on that system.

my question is, if a game with high level visuals does split screen, does it compromise the graphics of the single player? do they have to make sacrifices there? or only in the split screen?

I really hope you don't have to play as a set protagonist. much prefer if we can create our own characters, especially if it is an "open world" type game.

I really hope you don't have to play as a set protagonist. much prefer if we can create our own characters, especially if it is an "open world" type game.

i wouldn't mind that just as long as there is a dedicated campaign. if this is another destiny i probably won't want it.

I hate shooting games but this dose look interesting though.

Looks like we may finally hear about this soon. hopefully tomorrow

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015...s_registers_domains_for_ps4_exclusive_horizon

Guerrilla Games Registers Domains for PS4 Exclusive Horizon

A new Horizon on the PlayStation 4 awaits, as evidence of the imminent announcement of Guerrilla Games' long-in-development open world role-playing release mounts. The title, which was teased via a series of leaked artwork earlier in the year, now has an official domain name – indicating that an unveiling is imminent.

Poria Torkan, who served as a producer at the first-party firm for almost five years, registered HorizontheGame.com, HorizontheGame.net, and HorizontheGame.org in late March. The addresses point to placeholder pages at the minute, but will likely be updated once the title is officially announced. The timing is interesting, as the studio just created a Twitter account, too.

Despite leaving the developer last month for Bungie, Torkan was intricately aware of the studio's in-production project; he told Eurogamer.net in 2014 that it's "really awesome" but "if I say one word people will kill me". The aforementioned artwork for the adventure hinted at a fusion of styles, marrying medieval-esque weaponry with robot dinosaurs.

While this is not a confirmation of an E3 reveal by any stretch of the imagination, we reckon that the pieces are starting to fall into place. Managing director Hermen Hulst is en route to Los Angeles now, where he's very likely to reveal more about the developer's first non-Killzone game in over a decade. Is your body ready?

Definitely getting something at e3 but I don't think the game is coming out this year

Ok, this I'm actually excited for.

This looked wonderful, excited to learn more.

What a great trailer. It gives you the basic premise and some of the gameplay in-engine.

And she [Aloy] does look like the wildling Ygritte (Rose Leslie) from Game of Thrones.

This was a really cool trailer. Graphics were amazing, combat looks fun as hell, and the premise is pretty damn neat. Looking forward to seeing more!

i love how she isn't sexualized. how did people know way ahead of time that this had a female lead? did guerilla reveal as much? or were the initial screenshots it?

and people are saying this looks like enslaved odyssey to the west

Nice to see Zoids making a come back.

Seriously though, this does look interesting.

sony was nervous about having a female lead, even going into e3
Sony was worried about a female protagonist in Killzone dev's new IP
By Brian Crecente on Jun 18, 2015 at 9:00a @crecenteb

"Personally, The Last Guardian was very emotionally important, a great reveal, but for me the announcement of Horizon from Guerrilla Games is actually the biggest project for me for this E3 to announce because it's a big project and a new IP.

"I was nervous to see the reaction from people."

There was a third reason that Yoshida was nervous to see how people would react to the game: Horizon's protagonist is a young woman.

"She's a female lead character," he said. "That has always been the vision by the team, but we had a discussion. Is it risky to do a female character?"

In fact, once development was underway, so many questions were asked about the protagonist internally, that the company brought in a marketing team to do some focus testing.

"The concern came after the game was in development," he said. "We started to show it to many more people internally and they had questions about it. So we worked with our marketing groups to do this focus testing.

"We wanted to see how people would react to some of the things: open world RPG, the set up of machine versus primitive weapons and the female protagonist. All of those things."

While the reaction was positive, Yoshida was still a bit nervous about the game's first broad unveiling.

"The focus testing reaction was positive and that made us feel good, but you know it's a limited number of people that we were able to test."

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/18/88...-a-female-protagonist-in-killzone-devs-new-ip

First minute of the trailer made me think we were in for an ok announcement. The rest of it looked great.

I never heard about this game and now I'll be watching it closely.

Also great how we're getting each time more female protagonists.

Yes good to get some more female heroes. I like the look of this. Would probably have preferred no robotics and all natural but I think I'd still enjoy this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"