Hot Toys Michael Keaton Batman! NEW!

Ugh I hate this. High price, limited quanties, eventually they'll be sold out and the only place to get it will be Ebay where I'm sure it'll be even more expensive.

Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to afford this. I'm thinking of getting TDKR Catwoman/Selina Kyle (depending on how good it looks) and that might be the only one of these figures I'll get.

But that figure won't be out for at least a year. And have they even announced they are going to make one?

But that figure won't be out for at least a year. And have they even announced they are going to make one?

I'm sure they will, and I'm going to save up for that. I'm not getting these other toys in the meantime. They made Dent and the Joker from TDK and also Scarlett Johansson from Iron Man 2, so I'm sure we'll get a Selina figure. The only problem is whether we'll get both a Catwoman AND a Selina figure, which would be a real dilemma, as I would prefer she's two in one, and not two separate toys to buy.

Yeah but everything you're saying is speculative... why not get the Keaton now and worry about Selina later? :cwink:

I'm sure they will, and I'm going to save up for that. I'm not getting these other toys in the meantime. They made Dent and the Joker from TDK and also Scarlett Johansson from Iron Man 2, so I'm sure we'll get a Selina figure. The only problem is whether we'll get both a Catwoman AND a Selina figure, which would be a real dilemma, as I would prefer she's two in one, and not two separate toys to buy.

I have a feeling that the figure will have two outfits.

I cant wait for the Bane figure personally. :awesome::awesome::awesome:

Yeah but everything you're saying is speculative... why not get the Keaton now and worry about Selina later? :cwink:

I like the Keaton figure, but not THAT much that I want to own it. These are expensive, and I need to save my money for other things. I'm only getting one of these Hot Toys, and that is Anne Hathaway. We'll see what happens if there's a Hayley Atwell Peggy Carter figure as well from Captain America, but at the moment it's just Selina.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Hot Toys Bionic Woman and Six Million Dollar Man figure though, paying homage to the 70s dolls, but of course much better in likeness and sculpt, and clothing too.

Yeah they are pricey. My wife wasn't thrilled when I told her I pre-ordered Keaton and the Joker :cwink:

Love these pieces. I hope they do well so maybe we can get Batman Returns version of Keaton Batman and also Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman.

The 1/6" scale Burton Batmobile looks freaking awesome.

Looks nice. About the only problem I have is, in the closeup pics, the texturing on the suit is just a little too rough and the cape looks like it could be ironed a bit. Not a deal-breaker, tho.

I like the pebbled suit... although that effect seemed more on the mask in the film. The chest symbol piece and the torso (abs & pecs) were quite smooth in the film... hmm Overall not a dealbreaker though

And everybody said... Amen.
Amen. Hopefully this isn't a one-off, mainly because they finally secured Nicholson's likeness. I want Catwoman and others!

Last edited:
Yeah it'd be a pity to not get Pfeiffer and DeVito to round out the set (and a BR version of Keaton) :cwink: But at least we've got the definitive Keaton and Nicholson now... and they definitely look fantastic, I daresay the best versions we will possibly ever see.

Some more pics...

11090323412537c14e7ef14980.jpg

2011-08-31152340.jpg

I always preferred the way Keaton's cape hung down over his shoulders than Bale's Batman costume.

Can this Hot Toys Batman actually fit in the Hot Toys 89 Batmobile? Or are they in a different scale? It would have to be a pretty huge vehicle to fit a 12" figure.

Can this Hot Toys Batman actually fit in the Hot Toys 89 Batmobile? Or are they in a different scale? It would have to be a pretty huge vehicle to fit a 12" figure.

I would think it will fit in the Batmobile, both will be 1/6 scale, and yes, it will be huge(and VERY expensive). The 1/6 scale tumbler was pretty big. This will be bigger.
Check the pics in this thread : http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=360073

Yes it can fit.

Keaton's cape may look better, but it's not very practical.

Would never want to sacrifice anything cool looking for practical. Not in movies. Thats what movies are for, to show something that otherwise couldnt be shown or experienced. And as Kubrick used to say, "real is good but interesting is better". If we\d think about sacrificng interesting and cool look and aesthetics for practicality, 99% of scifi movies would have to have redesigns, most of Ridley Scott's scifi movies, Star Wars etc wouldt be near what they were visually and design-wise. Terminator would be just a pile of wires with big eyeballs and jaws with gums instead of the metal skull with red eyes as well

And besides, the whole cowl itself is impractical. Both Keaton and Bale said it incredibly dilutes your perception, your awarness of depth, your vision, your hearing and its very claustrophobic so it also affects your coordination and sense of surroundings etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"