Hot Toys Michael Keaton Batman! NEW!

Discussion in 'Batman World' started by バット人, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Ponyboy

Ponyboy Serenity now!

That was my train of thought when I said to Alex "oh for farkssake" :cwink:

2. Alex Logan

Alex Logan Yes, Mr. Smith.

Sorry, but I don't agree.

3. Ponyboy

Ponyboy Serenity now!

Way to back up your argument there! Clearly you're position of non-agreement is ill informed, or you're just blatantly turning the other cheek. Any type of facial/eye covering will limit and or diminish the field of vision, and for a crimefighter, that would be impractical.

4. Alex Logan

This would be correct. Tired of all the fighting that goes on here and it looks like you're looking for an argument.

I'm guessing that neither of you have ever trained in any form of combat correct? Well, I have. How you train is how you will fight. If Batman was real and if he trained to fight in a cowl he could be effective.

Just look feudal japan and the samurai. They were some of greatest warlords in history. Do you think all the garb they wore slowed them down? Look up Miyamoto Musashi, he was a samurai who became so good that he stopped using a sword.

5. Ponyboy

Ponyboy Serenity now!

I'm not looking for an argument, I'm looking for discussion that's all.

I don't think Batman trained in the cowl. He would've trained prior to creating the Batsuit I think... but that's beside the point.

Actually I trained in fencing (foil and epee) for about 4 years in my youth, so I understand the limitations of the mask. You do learn to fight with the mask as you must... but I would also say that there is a possibility that you could fight better and have a slight advantage without a mask.

6. GothamAlleys

GothamAlleys Well-Known Member

Helmet is different. I train jujitsu and kickboxing. Try fighting in a samurai helmet and then compare it to fighting in a motorcycle helmet. Theres a reason why Bale and Keaton said that the cowl is claustrophobic and diluting senses and perception

7. Alex Logan

The point I'm trying to make is that if Batman were real he would need to conceal his face and he would train in and out of the suit. Again, you will fight how you train. I can't tell you how many young martial artists I've talked to who have been beaten on the street only because they weren't wearing their "colors".

Who said anything about a motorcycle helmet? How is a samurai helmet differnent? It's basically a Darth Vader helmet, only with the eyes removed.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  8. GothamAlleys

As oppose to helmets samurai or Roman wore, the cowl is connected to the bodysuit covering entire head and neck from top to bottom with no outlet, having only mouth exposed. Thats why it dilutes all the senses and awarness

Christian Bale (Rebecca Murray int): "you feel like you’re scuba diving or something, and it feels kind of claustrophobic"

As for the batsuit itself: "You can’t raise your arms up really high. You also need help around the toilet." (webwombat.com.au int). he also mentioned getting headaches in the suit and TDK suit being even heavier even if more mobile

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  9. Alex Logan

The cowl in TDK was not designed that way and my point is that TDK design is more practical then Keaton's Batman. If Batman were real it would have to be even more practical.

10. GothamAlleys

Its fifty fifty. The TDK suit allows for more movement but its much heavier, so you gain one but lose the other

11. Ponyboy

Ponyboy Serenity now!

Well you have a point there.

As far as gettin beat on the street, man, you must be livin in some rough neighborhoods!

12. helloiamben

helloiamben Well-Known Member

The point is, if you wore either the '89 or TDK suit in real life, you know reality, you'd have your ass handed to you in combat, have trouble moving and not feel very comfortable.

These are figures, based off suits that are utilized for films. They're both plausible for the films and stories they're featured in, nothing more. Lets not confuse real life with entertainment.

13. Alex Logan

Well, I agree with you there.

No, I just mean that I know a lot guys who train in martial arts who have either been given bad instruction or a false sense of security.

No, the point is one could fight in a suit that was practical if he trained in and out of it.

14. helloiamben

helloiamben Well-Known Member

Who cares?

This is fiction. The only people I see that take dressing up as Batman seriously are cosplayers. Batman isn't real, the movie suits are grounded in reality, made to look good on screen to suspend audiences disbelief. Nothing more.

15. Ponyboy

Ponyboy Serenity now!

16. Dk1201

Dk1201 Well-Known Member

now that looks cool

17. theman

theman Well-Known Member

im normally not into the 1/6 figures as they are too big to collect, but i am totally getting this. one of these days when i have 200 bucks to burn, the B89 bats and joker are MINE. aside from batman, i am a huge michael keaton fan and i think he is not only the best batman but a superb actor. rarely do i see an actor who can do so many different roles who can be both funny and serious, not to mention a really interesting, even phsycotic look. i just watched clean and sober with keaton and he was TERRIFIC. worth checking out.

18. DaRkVeNgeanCe

DaRkVeNgeanCe An Epic Film Guy

Oh man that figure looks so amazing

19. RedSkull

RedSkull Lord of the Movie Masters

Not sure if I want 1 or 2...

20. Ponyboy

Ponyboy Serenity now!

LOL yeah if I could afford it I'd have to display and one to keep in the box.

21. Bathead

Bathead The Oldest Geek

Make sure you don't wait too long. The TDK figures from the DX line (same as these) originally went for about $200 new, but are now going for upwards of $900- $1000.

22. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Cool Rider

I don't buy action figures... but I want this sooooo much.

23. Ponyboy

Ponyboy Serenity now!

*waves Jedi hand*

It's really more of a... statue... :cwink:

24. Alex Logan

Well, you should.

[​IMG]

Yep. :cwink:

25. El Payaso

El Payaso Well-Known Member

A bat suit is not very practical.