House of the Dragon Season 2 Thread

CaptainWagner

I'm A Worrier, It's What I Do (he/him)
Reaction score
giphy.gif

With a wrap on Season 1, our long watch begins until Season 2 comes around. Lots of war, dragonfire and backstabbing is around the corner, plus the debut of my personal favorite Targ in this era - Prince Daeron the Daring.

So here's the place for all discussion of what we hope to see in House of the Dragon: Season 2!

Quote from Ryan Condal:

"...I will say, as a reward to our wonderful audience for following us through all the time jumps and recasts, they are done. We tell the story in real time from here forward. The actors are playing these characters until the end. We’re not recasting anybody. We’re not making any huge jumps forward in time. We are now in the Dance of the Dragons, and we’re gonna tell that story."
‘House Of The Dragon’: Show runner Talks About The Season Finale – Deadline

( Interview contains spoilers)

Quote from Ryan Condal:

"...I will say, as a reward to our wonderful audience for following us through all the time jumps and recasts, they are done. We tell the story in real time from here forward. The actors are playing these characters until the end. We’re not recasting anybody. We’re not making any huge jumps forward in time. We are now in the Dance of the Dragons, and we’re gonna tell that story."
‘House Of The Dragon’: Show runner Talks About The Season Finale – Deadline

( Interview contains spoilers)
Oh very good to know. :up:

Worth getting properly invested in all these characters knowing that.

giphy.gif

With a wrap on Season 1, our long watch begins until Season 2 comes around. Lots of war, dragonfire and backstabbing is around the corner, plus the debut of my personal favorite Targ in this era - Prince Daeron the Daring.

So here's the place for all discussion of what we hope to see in House of the Dragon: Season 2!
Bring it on!! I loved season 1. How long can we expect to wait for season 2?

Bring it on!! I loved season 1. How long can we expect to wait for season 2?
Unfortuantely it's probably Second Quarter of 2024 at the earliest. They don't start filming until early next year. Which is frustrating. I get needing to have space between filming but Year+ gaps between seasons isn't ideal, especially when working with young actors who are aging fast.

Hopefully we'll start getting casting soon. Probably newcomers for Daeron, Black Aly and Cregan, but I'd love to see some bigger names for roles like Ormund Hightower, Alys Rivers, and Roddy the Ruin.

Unfortuantely it's probably Second Quarter of 2024 at the earliest. They don't start filming until early next year. Which is frustrating. I get needing to have space between filming but Year+ gaps between seasons isn't ideal, especially when working with young actors who are aging fast.

Hopefully we'll start getting casting soon. Probably newcomers for Daeron, Black Aly and Cregan, but I'd love to see some bigger names for roles like Ormund Hightower, Alys Rivers, and Roddy the Ruin.
Thanks. I'm not the most clued up on TV schedules but was expecting that 2023 wouldn't be happening. 1 year gaps would be great. Good point on young actors aging fast. I will read the books in the meantime. Which books are needed for this series?

Well Aemond already looks like he's 30 on the show when he's supposed to be what, 18? :o I suppose the youngest of the prominent kids on the show right now is Jacaerys and looking it up, the actor who plays him is 18 so I don't think there should be any jarring growth spurts for him. Ditto for Laena and Daemon's daughters. Joffrey Velaryon, Daemon and Rhaenyra's kids and Aegon and Helaena's kids are young enough and have barely been seen on the show anyway so a recast for them wouldn't be noticeable.

But I agree that taking such a long gap isn't ideal. For a franchise like this they don't have to worry about losing momentum but I still wish that it was coming back by the end of 2023. I wonder if it was more spaced out because of HBO taking on a lot more new projects thanks to HBO Max.

Thanks. I'm not the most clued up on TV schedules but was expecting that 2023 wouldn't be happening. 1 year gaps would be great. Good point on young actors aging fast. I will read the books in the meantime. Which books are needed for this series?
All of the events in the Dance are covered by Fire and Blood. The World of Ice and Fire has some additional context, but nothing vital. (It is just a cool book to have, though.)

And yeah, the younger kids haven't really even had any lines, so they could definitely recast if needed - They didn't even show Maelor, though they might have cut him, since he wasn't added to the family tree with Daeron in the latest update. I hope not, though.

All of the events in the Dance are covered by Fire and Blood. The World of Ice and Fire has some additional context, but nothing vital. (It is just a cool book to have, though.)

And yeah, the younger kids haven't really even had any lines, so they could definitely recast if needed - They didn't even show Maelor, though they might have cut him, since he wasn't added to the family tree with Daeron in the latest update. I hope not, though.
Yeah, I can understand the need for cutting some characters from GOT just because of the sheer scope of the thing, as controversial as some of those decisions may be. The Greyjoys and Martells come to mind, not to mention Lady Stoneheart. But for HOTD which is essentially a novella stretched out over four seasons (as per GRRM) there's really no need to omit any character here.

They didn't even show Maelor, though they might have cut him, since he wasn't added to the family tree with Daeron in the latest update. I hope not, though.
I think we might still see Maelor next season. Fingers crossed!

Joffrey Velaryon, Daemon and Rhaenyra's kids and Aegon and Helaena's kids are young enough and have barely been seen on the show anyway so a recast for them wouldn't be noticeable.
Joffrey was already recast between episode 8 and this week. :D

Lol, coulda fooled me!
Some people online said it very matter-of-fact that he was replaced. Now that I'm looking at the two scenes we have with him I'm really not sure though. Think it might just be that he had his hair styled differently and his eyes closed in the shot we have in this episode. Either way though, nobody will lose sleep if he gets recast. :D

Some people online said it very matter-of-fact that he was replaced. Now that I'm looking at the two scenes we have with him I'm really not sure though. Think it might just be that he had his hair styled differently and his eyes closed in the shot we have in this episode. Either way though, nobody will lose sleep if he gets recast. :D
I honestly can't even remember Joffrey being in episode 8 but I guess he was in the throne room scene.

I dont care (or know) if they are part of the book, I want some Direwolves!
As a fantasy book/show, GoT/HotD is very extreme with medieval battles and political intrigue ie basic on the crazy fantasy scale and then all the way to dragons. There’s not enough in between for my preference and things like direwolves in the background help with that for me.

Can’t wait to hear additional casting and who’ll direct these episodes.

need them s2 cast details. Curious to see if they get a known actor for Cregan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"