Days of Future Past How big do you think the budget will and should be?

Mr. Dent

Superhero
Reaction score
I'm very interested in how much money Fox is going to put into this. The only X-film to exceed $200m to date has ben Last Stand.

My predictions (it could change once I saw clips from the movie)
Budget = $220 Million
Domestic Box Office = $280 Million
Worldwide Box Office = $600 Million
DVD/Blu-Ray Sales = $150 Million

200 million seems fair.

They'll need 500 m to break even which is possible with top level effects, the old cast and a compelling story.

But they definitely need a big budget to do the sentinels and DOTP story justice.

They are releasing the movie in 3D and outside of United States, 3D is a big seller and it really inflates the ticket price. Hopefully FOX will get their money back so they can make more X-Men team movies especially with the original cast!

And it would be awesome if this ends up as the most successful X-Men movie ever! It will just show that for every X-Men movie that included the original cast, the box-office gross gets bigger and bigger!

I'm guessing the budget for DOFP is approximately 200 million.I still don't understand why Jack The Giant Slayer needed a 190 million budget:huh:

They are releasing the movie in 3D and outside of United States, 3D is a big seller and it really inflates the ticket price. Hopefully FOX will get their money back so they can make more X-Men team movies especially with the original cast!
That cast isn't getting any younger.

That cast isn't getting any younger.

And as if the newer cast members are teenagers. :o Their age isn't a big issue. Look at the newest additions to the cast, Peter Dinklage is 43 and Omar Sy is 35.

The age of the OT cast:
Ian McKellen = 72
Patrick Stewart = 72
Halle Berry = 46
Hugh Jackman = 44
Shawn Ashmore = 33
Daniel Cudmore = 32
Ben Foster = 32
Anna Paquin = 30
Ellen Page = 26

The age of the FC cast:
Jason Flemyng = 46
Michael Fassbender = 35
January Jones = 35
James McAvoy = 33
Nicholas Hault = 23
Caleb Landry Jones = 23
Jennifer Lawrence= 22
Lucas Till = 22

The only cast members from the OT that are really old are Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart. Hugh Jackman/Halle Berry are already in their mid 40s but they look good for their age. And there isn't a very big gap between the ages of the OT cast and the cast of FC.

OT - "X-Men: Goes to Space" is probably the funniest title I have ever read in my life.

And as if the newer cast members are teenagers. :o Their age isn't a big issue. Look at the newest additions to the cast, Peter Dinklage is 43 and Omar Sy is 35.

The age of the OT cast:
Ian McKellen = 72
Patrick Stewart = 72
Halle Berry = 46
Hugh Jackman = 44
Shawn Ashmore = 33
Daniel Cudmore = 32
Ben Foster = 32
Anna Paquin = 30
Ellen Page = 26

The age of the FC cast:
Jason Flemyng = 46
Michael Fassbender = 35
January Jones = 35
James McAvoy = 33
Nicholas Hault = 23
Caleb Landry Jones = 23
Jennifer Lawrence= 22
Lucas Till = 22

The only cast members from the OT that are really old are Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart. Hugh Jackman/Halle Berry are already in their mid 40s but they look good for their age. And there isn't a very big gap between the ages of the OT cast and the cast of FC.
I was mainly talking about McKellen and Stewart. I can see them continuing to use Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry, if the actors want to continue the films, and the other younger cast in a rebooted timeline of sorts but I can't see them continuing to use the current timeline with the original actors like you are suggesting.

Probably 175m at the most, 200m if we're really lucky although highly unlikely.

The age of the OT cast:
Ian McKellen = 72
Patrick Stewart = 72
Halle Berry = 46
Hugh Jackman = 44
Shawn Ashmore = 33
Daniel Cudmore = 32
Ben Foster = 32
Anna Paquin = 30
Ellen Page = 26

The age of the FC cast:
Jason Flemyng = 46
Michael Fassbender = 35
January Jones = 35
James McAvoy = 33
Nicholas Hault = 23
Caleb Landry Jones = 23
Jennifer Lawrence= 22
Lucas Till = 22

wow, they're going to need 100 million just to hire the cast.

I think 200millions is a likely number.

FC had a 160m budget, so this movie with the two casts, Sentinels and more would need much more than that.

Last summer reports said It had a 175 Million budget.It could easily be at around 200 Million now.

About 185 mil. Fox are not Disney. Most Disney big budget movies cost at least 200 mil. Apart from Xmen 3 and Avatar I can't remember the last Fox movie that cost 200 mil

I was mainly talking about McKellen and Stewart. I can see them continuing to use Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry, if the actors want to continue the films, and the other younger cast in a rebooted timeline of sorts but I can't see them continuing to use the current timeline with the original actors like you are suggesting.

I want FOX to continue this series with the original cast after DOFP. But I already mentioned before that they shouldn't bring back McKellen and Stewart and I have my reasons for that. Hugh, Halle, Anna, Shawn, Ellen + new faces like for the new members of the X-Men and new villains would be enough for me.

OT - "X-Men: Goes to Space" is probably the funniest title I have ever read in my life.

It cracks me up too! :woot:

Wow. James McAvoy and Shawn Ashmore are the same age...

And thats not a bad thing. The good thing about Shawn Ashmore/Anna Paquin being in their 30s are they wouldn't look like a student anymore, that they are now adults that they could go to missions without the assistant of Storm or Wolverine.

Wasn't trying to make seem like a bad thing. Just kinda surreal. Can't believe X2 was 10 years ago. :eek: :waa:

And if FOX is really serious about matching the Avenger's success, I don't see why it couldn't be 200 million.

Last edited:

Haha... I'm sure Psylockolossus was just putting an idea he/she liked but the principle of the team finally getting into space is a great concept. Starjammers, Imperial Guard, Shi'ar, M'Krann Crystal. Eventually, yes!

It should be at least $200 million. I could see them trying to aim lower than that though, especially with FC's lackluster box office performance.

the budget could go anywhere from 200-250. As for box office I see this kind of range
domestic 250-300
OS 300-400
WW 550-700

$200 million. This is a big movie, and it needs a big budget. First Class grossed $350 million worldwide. With its cast, storyline, release date, and 3D, Days of Future Past should at least be able to earn another $50 million--hopefully, a lot more--to justify the added cost. Plus, there are 15 months between the start and release dates, unlike the 9 for X-Men: The Last Stand and First Class. With the extra time, the money should go further, too.

I'm gonna say 250 million. I don't see how you can make a 2:30 film with this cast and Sentinels. Unless the technology has advanced to such a degree that they can mitigate the costs these set pieces. So yeah, but with the talent involved, I think Fox will easily recuperate the budget. This is their biggest film (other than Avatar) since X-3 and probably Independence Day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"