How do you feel about AI Technology Advancement?

dpm07

Hiking Hero
Reaction score
As evidenced by this article, we are fast approaching the 5th age of computers.

http://msn-cnet.com.com/Photo+galleries+Robots+in+action/2009-1041_3-5746470.html?tag=part=msn-cnet&subj=ns_3-5746470&tag=msn_home&GT1=8394

At what point do you feel that AI will become independently functional?

How far into the future do you think it will be? Will it be subtle when/if this happens, or do you think it will be abrupt?

Will robots be allowed into combat as pointed out in the article? Will we have robots powered by bacteria?

Is there a danger in our own advancement of technology in robotics and AI?

I just cant wait till they get robots to do my job, and I can get a job servicing and building the robots :o

The Matrix, here we come. I predict we will all be under the control of the machines August 4, 2012...right after World War III ends.

:rolleyes: :D

dpm07 said:

http://msn-cnet.com.com/Photo+galleries+Robots+in+action/2009-1041_3-5746470.html?tag=part=msn-cnet&subj=ns_3-5746470&tag=msn_home&GT1=8394

How far into the future do you think it will be? Will it be subtle when/if this happens, or do you think it will be abrupt?

Will robots be allowed into combat as pointed out in the article? Will we have robots powered by bacteria?

THE BEST PART OF THIS, IS IT GIVES HOPE TO PEOPLE WHO SIMPLY WEREN'T BORN WITH ADEQUATE.......IF ANY.....BRAINS. SOMEDAY, PEOPLE WILL BE ABLE TO GET AN A.I. IMPLANT, TO OFFSET THEIR GENETIC DEFICIENCIES. :o

Ray_bolger_scarecrow.jpg

the problem with that is, most of the people who need AI Implants are too stupid to realize they do...

dpm07 said:

I feel happy for you, knowing that you'll have fellow human-equivalents to talk to.

When can we have sex with androids?

We need to stop with this ''AI Advancement''. I don't wanna see Terminator 3 actually happen (nuke war and machines take over). And I don't think I'm the only one that thinks that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"