Venom How do you feel about Venom's look/voice?

Discussion in 'Sony Spider-Man Spin-Offs' started by Pennywise, Apr 24, 2018.

?

How do you feel about the look/voice

1. Love it!

2. Hate it!

3. CGI needs more work before it can be judged.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ironwez20 Registered

You liked the asm franchise. Many of us didn’t. Arad also ruined those to with bad story telling and trying to be like the mcu with a shared universe. Just terrible decisions. Also venom wasnt ruined. He just was barely in the movie, but his origin was intact which I can’t say the same for this movie. Again we’ll see

2. SM71 bending unit

I def agree with this. Same as pretty much any studio ever stepping in. However we were going to get Vulturess.. As *****ty as the Sony execs may be, I'd say them trying to give the fans Venom instead was the right move. I still maintain SM3 could've at least been decent, even with Venom/Brock written exactly the same as they were. It was the little decisions, like I mentioned before, that completely destroyed that movie. For me at least. I'm as big a Raimi fan as it gets, but I think it's definitely oversimplifying things just to say, "He had to use a character he didn't like, so the movie turned out bad."

3. Hobgoblin Veritas veritatum

I like the look and voice, just wish his eyes were bigger.

4. Ken-Kaniff MyCommonSenseIsTingling!

His voice sounds good (Venom's; I don't like Brock's), he looks really good (although I prefer the 90s TAS look, with the white spider on his chest/back/wherever it was).

5. webhead731 I'm a photographer

He looks like a video game character in a live action movie.

His mouth and lips move really badly and look like a rough cut. He is too big, too tall, and looks ridiculous with Brock's head. The Symbiote shouldn't add much to the body it should just slightly enhance what's there.

6. marcvader Lurker #1

I like the design, scale, and sound of his voice. Obviously the CG needs work so I’ll wait till the product is finished to be judged completely. Right now it’s shaky but there’s plenty of time. I’m sure they’re hearing the criticisms.

7. David H. We’re not owed anything.

I just really like the way he says “Eddie.”

8. Silvermoth Krakoan native

I’m glad they kept the plural pronoun (we are venom) but I must admit I had trouble understanding parts of it. Maybe it will be better in a proper cinema though

9. Johnny-Oh "You got heart, kid"

I hate the design of his head, not sure how to explain this but it looks pretty big in a horizontal way which is what makes the eyes look so thin, his head should be taller and less wide. The way it is gives him an awkward posture. Not having the chest logo sucks, I get the reason he he doesn't have it but without it he just looks really weird. Overall I don't like it.

10. Spider-Aziz Dummy Dragon Holo

Good look, alright voice.

11. MurkeNyou Registered

I don't get the complaints.

[​IMG]

12. webhead731 I'm a photographer

This looks like a video game model. :o

13. MurkeNyou Registered

I don't know what you are even trying to imply, with that as an "insult" in 2018. Same level of detail in games and films anymore, saying something "looks like a videogame" in 2018... I mean, what? This isn't Scorpion King or Species.

14. ironwez20 Registered

Looks fine to me.

15. webhead731 I'm a photographer

By saying it looks like a video game model when it is a movie, that is an insult. Sorry you cannot see that.

16. BlackFox Ace

Certainly the best part of the trailer for me, CGI is a bit hit and miss but for the most part solid enough but that wont make or break the film anyway.

17. Wildcard Cataclysmic Titan

I think Venom looks fantastic & this is pretty much what I've always wanted for a live action interpretation of the character. He's huge, he looks menacing & for my money the CGI looks pretty damn good. It's certainly leagues above what we got with Topher Grace.

18. webhead731 I'm a photographer

Topher was the best version we have gotten of this character because at least his motivation for hating Spider-Man wasn't completely silly and it actually made sense. They did the right thing in having a practical suit with CG enhancements, as opposed to this blubbering hulking monster CGI crapfest.

This is Venom in name only. If you think that is what you all deserve, then more power to you.

19. Mad Ones Bebe le Strange

I couldn't understand Venom the first time I watched the trailer, but I thought it was because it was on my phone.

I showed the trailer to a friend on my laptop and still had to strain to understand, and I asked me friend "did he say turd in the wind"?

20. Kirmit Big Green Machine.

My problem with his look is the teeth, I’ve never liked it when his teeth were so big, it also makes it look weird when he’s talking, his mouth doesn’t look like it’s moving enough. I would also like the white spider logo at some point down the road.

21. MurkeNyou Registered

LOL, ok, mind asking what you do for a living, just curious? Anything in the creative/ arts community?

22. webhead731 I'm a photographer

TV news.

23. BrollySupersj The only verdict, is vengeance.

I'm pretty satisfied with the whole thing so far. I like the voice, and the overall design is good I think. I'm indifferent to the viens, thought I'll admit I did think he had the white spider on the first viewing. I'm wondering if the viens were meant to intentionally invoke of the feeling of having an emblem. Anyway, I'm good with it.

24. ehh iono

Yeah, I am having trouble understanding what Venom is saying. Seems like Tom Hardy gets stuck in roles with muddled dialogue.

25. FlareKnight Registered

Maybe my bar is really low, but just the fact that they got the "we" part right this time makes me more accepting of the whole thing. I don't necessarily love the look, but I like it well enough.