How do you like your steak?

knowsbleed

Avenger
Reaction score
I love steak. A succulent cut of ribeye is the best thing in the world next to world peace. I have tried all sorts of ways of cooking steak from grilling a marinated steak to searing a lightly salted steak on a cast iron grill, thereby smoking up my entire house to death.

Steak... it's my version of candy.

On a side note, **** candy. Who eats candy?

Here's what I don't understand... how the bad place can anybody who has any sort of developed taste buds actually like their steak well done? It's offensive to even think about it. You people deserve a special place in bad place, you probably don't tip either. I don't like you.

... *breathes*...

How do you like your steak?

Depends on the place, anywhere from medium rare-medium.

Best places I've had steak have been Schula's and Morton's.

Favorite cut is usually NY Strip or Filet Mignon.

i agree with your thoughts on those who liike steak well done. i like mine rare or medium rare. the blood adds to the flavor

Medium rare, the est steak in my life had to be at Peter Lugers for my 18th and 21st birthday.

Here's what I don't understand... how the bad place can anybody who has any sort of developed taste buds actually like their steak well done?

Quick answer: women and children. Which is appropriate, as a well-done steak is like trying to eat a life raft.

So tempted to make a joke about the thread title but I'll save it.

I like mine well done.

Usually Medium or Medium rare now, depending on my mood. I was very anxious with not cooking meat well enough when I was younger (in fear of getting sick) so I ended up overcooking it (well done) which lead to me not caring whether I ever had steak.

Rare to maybe medium rare - Give it me bloody and almost still mooing.

My wife prefers it on the more well done side and it kills me to grill that way for her.

Mmmmm ... Now I have to pick up a couple thick cut, bone in ribeyes on the way home.

Since meat can carry parasites, I prefer medium well or well done. I don't like bloody hamburgers and steaks.

So tempted to make a joke about the thread title but I'll save it.

I like mine well done.

Like I like my women, a little bloody, but firm enough so that I can taste it.

:o

I like mine Steaky. Well done is wrong on so many levels. If I wanted well done, I would eat jerky. :)

I don't like steak and apparently deserve to die because of that.

Medium well for me. I do well done on occassion. **** tastes good if you allow yourself to not be pretentious about it like some guy with a nose bleed or something.

I used to like MW but now I like Medium. My favorite steak is a NY strip and then a filet mignon.
In NJ, I go to Chris Michaels or KC Prime to eat good steak.
In Chicago you gotta go to Gibson's.

Medium rare or medium depending

I don't know how people can do one of those 72 oz steaks and have it be well done. It'd be like chewing on leather. :huh:

I'm sure that an individual's jaw would seize up before they even got a quarter of the way through. I'd rather eat a raw steak than a well done steak.

What gets me is i know a guy that gets his filet well done. Whats the point of getting a filet if you are going to purposefully char it?

What gets me is i know a guy that gets his filet well done. Whats the point of getting a filet if you are going to purposefully char it?

Yeah, that's a sin against nature. It's like smashing up a box of Godiva chocolates to make cookies out of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"