How do you read comics?

I read/look at everything and then turn the page. Isn't that what everyone does?

Depends on a lot of things. I don't have a set way to read any comic. If I'm reading a comic by a spectacular artist, I'll probably just scan over the page for a while and take all the visuals in, then start reading. If the artist sucks, I just get the bare essentials I need (like figure placement and actions, setting, that kind of stuff) and ignore any style or anything else.

I usually follow the flow of the actual comic, whatever that may be.

this is just too bizarre a question. I never think about it, I just do

I reads the speakin's, an' den I reads da pikchures, and den I reads da wurds...

read the words and study/look at the panels

i read a comic like most people from front to back or if its in japanese back to front :)

I read mine upside down. If you read a Chuck Austen book that way it actually makes sense and is pretty good.

I do both at the same time. The whole thing to me is like a film. In a way I actually see the pictures moving along with the pictures. Which is why I actually cringe sometimes when something really harsh happens(like spacker dave's piercing removal) and is also why I love the Street Fighter comics. It's also why I don't read too much Spider-man or anything to do with Claremont. I'm wondering how are they saying all this crap while doing this one action. Hell how can the guy still be hit after seeing the punch a mile away

The first time I read a comic I mainly stick to reading the dialogue. I look at the art but I don't usually look that deeply into it unless it's a kick ass page. Usually later that day or whenever my second reading of a comic is. I usually read a new comic at least twice on the day I buy it. Then I really look at the art, pausing on each page for bit and letting the art sink in. I'll look for little things in the art that I may have missed but develop the story. I'll often study the way the word balloons and sound effects are placed. (Especially in a book like DD or Powers.)

lol...

OMG

LEAFS SUCK !!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

GO HABS GO!!!

On a final note

Venom

Originally posted by VenomSpits
lol...

OMG

LEAFS SUCK !!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

GO HABS GO!!!

On a final note

Venom
Wow...That was so...random.:confused:

i take a quick scan of the panel, read the words, then look at the panel more.

To tell you the truth I imagine the characters moving and talking. Simple as that. I mean how boring weird would it be to see everything as still pictures? I'd be wondering "why does his mouth stay open when he talks?" at all times.

Words, then art, per panel...
but sometimes I either read the words and forget to look at the pictures, or forget to read the words while looking at the art.

Rather good question.I picked words,then art,per panel.But rarely,sometimes i do words,then art,then i skip ahead,especially if the comic is good.Since when your reading,you read the page your on,then the next page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"