How do you store your comic collection?

right now I have them stored in my closet but I plan on buying a large bookself for my room. I don't have has many comics has most people my comics only date back to like 2000 - 2004 because I started getting in to them 3 or 4 years now. although now since i got a job I am buying comics once every two weeks and my collect is growing fast.

I just need a Book Shelf for right now. and want each shelf haveing its own title or hero.

Supergirl
Green Arrow & Black Canary I figure they can share the same space
X-23 includeing New x-men and X-Force right now
Astonishing x-men
Johan Hex
Any other x-men comic - these I don't buy on a regular bases like all the rest.

but I have a few other titles I want to start picking up too.

so maybe start out with 7 or 8 Shelfs and keep them on that.

So I'm bumping an old thread to ask a quick question about a slight problem I'm having storing my comics. Didn't feel like creating a new thread.

Does anyone else run across the problem of creases along the binding on the front of a single issue when bagging/boarding/storing comics in a long box? I can fit a few hundred in a long box, but about ten or so are getting these bad creases running vertically about a half an inch next to the binding on the left, due to the board in front of it. It happens when the comics are slightly out of alignment. I'm doing my best to keep them as straight as possible, but it's still difficult.

EDIT: Just realized it could be the long box. Do they make long boxes in different widths (silver, golden, modern)? This one might be just a little too wide and that lets them shift around.

Last edited:
I bag and board mine and have them stored in longboxes but I also keep a spreadsheet of all comics I have listed.

two words: bacon grease

Actually, I remember when I was in the 9th grade a friend of mine made me a casing for my Dark Knight books. It folded open and closed, and had individual sleeves for the four books. Fit in a comic box too. it opened like a book and then you'd open it again displaying all four volumes side by side, sh** was cool. 1987 biznatches!

Last edited:
I'd love to see some more pics of large collections. Seems like Dreadstar has a ton! I have 3 short boxes and one small row of trades on a shelf. Of course, I only started getting into comics about 3 years ago. Comic book readers love to brag about how many comics they have, we should turn this thread into a "comic collection bragging rights."

I bag and board them, then catalogue (using Comic Collector Live), then put them away in their boxes (pending how they begin to fill out, I reshuffle titles around to make room for ongoing series to grow). Currently now just branching into box #40 and I've had to claim an entire room for them. Sometimes I like to make a little fort out of them.

Periodically, I find the need to rebag, board and box old issues, just to keep the materials fresh.

Last edited:
I bag and board them, then catalogue (using Comic Collector Live), then put them away in their boxes (pending how they begin to fill out, I reshuffle titles around to make room for ongoing series to grow). Currently now just branching into box #40 and I've had to claim an entire room for them. Sometimes I like to make a little fort out of them.

Periodically, I find the need to rebag, board and box old issues, just to keep the materials fresh.

Wow, you're practically ready to open store. I never reached such levels of collecting comics myself. at most i had seven boxes...but i sold those books years ago to m regret:(

I store mine alphabetically by title and numerically. I keep them in an office binder, thirty comics per binder.

Yeah, sometimes they do get creases along the edge of the spine. That usually happens if I pack them into the binder too tightly.

30 comics per binder x 43 binders = 1290 comics.

Last edited:
I bag and board most of my comics and put them in a box. Sorted by company, and then alphabetically (Gets very tricky if you want to consider association), and then latest issue in front.

My Trades and Hardcovers are all on a shelf... I'm starting to wonder if I should go collected editions all the way since it's so much easier...

Bagged and boarded and put in binders, about 30 comics per binder. Two comics per sleeve. Each title has its own binder and they are arranged alphabetically by title on my bookcase.

Changed it up a bit since my last post which was AGES ago. Got a box for TV/Movie stuff, most Dr Who and Farscape, a box full of random Batman trades and issues of Detective up to "Heart of Hush" and the whole RIP stuff. Then I've got two boxes of everything in alphanumerical order. Not bothered about who publishes stuff cause I just need to know where the stuff is. Only thing is with that I'm not really sure how to work in Batman: The Dark Knight, Detective and Batman Beyond(the Batman box is full and I'm too lazy to work out what's going on in there).

I also have a small section of shelf for various trades.

Bagged and boarded in 15 or so longboxes (and a few shortboxes) in a storage room in my basement. I haven't touched them since I moved in to this house about 7 years ago though. I should probably crack them open and take a peek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"