How does Avengers Infinity War movie affect the current season?

Discussion in 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' started by GBaxter, Apr 25, 2018.

1. GBaxter

GBaxter Active Member

I had to stop watching season 5 at episode 11 and will catch up in a couple months when I'll have the time,
    but for people who are up to date with season 5, it'd be interesting to know if eps 19-22, will address the events
    of the Infinity War movie.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  2. karmajack

karmajack Well-Known Member

"How does IW affect season 5?"

Do you want us to spoil it for you?

Either way, we can't answer that just yet. Only offer theories at this point. We'll ruin it for you in a few weeks if you'd like.

I'm currently thinking AoS s5 won't be affected by IW. I have a feeling, if there's any remaining tie ins left, that the final episode will be what leads into the events of Infinity War. Meaning, things will not be released chronologically. I'm really starting to think the Winter Olympics put the show behind behind schedule for the target release date to correctly lead into IW. That along with the movies release date being pushed up.

Could very well be wrong too.

3. DalekbusterFitz

DalekbusterFitz Dalekbuster523

This is the problem if the SHIELD characters don't cameo in Avengers: Infinity War - if they saw a big alien ring in the sky (as in the Spider-Man clip), surely they'd do the same as Spider-Man and go after it?

That's the sort of thing SHIELD seem to deal with on this show now, and I don't think they'd be reaching to assume it was the Kree.

4. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

Based on what I heard happens in IW, there is no way to justify this show not being affected by the events of the film.

If Season 6 happens and everyone acts as though everything is normal, then you can't say that this show takes place within the MCU.

5. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Well-Known Member

That's not going to happen on this show. That is more likely to happen on the Netflix shows than this one.

6. SPO2 Dalisay

SPO2 Dalisay Vigilante

I am waiting to see how Cloak and Dagger handles the MCU post Infinity War. They can set it before the present Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D season or post movie. What happens there might be a teaser for the possible direction of an Agents season 6.

7. xpacaud

xpacaud Member

Basically episode 19 and 20 happen DURING the battle between Iron man, doctor strange and ebony maw in NY. 21 happens just after. It's likely 22, the last episode closes at the same time IW does.

8. KevTravels

KevTravels Well-Known Member

seriously, they couldn't give some spoilers to the writers/producers of this season?

9. SPO2 Dalisay

SPO2 Dalisay Vigilante

I figure that the writers knew the source comics just as well as we do and took some guesses after being told, or seeing trailers of New York and Wakanda. I fear that the snapture will look different with the security reasons as an explanation where as the Inhumans terragenesis looked different for no explainable reason