How druable is Thing?

Kool-Aid

Sidekick
Reaction score
Could someone give some examples? Could Wolverine cut him?

he did in wolverin enemy of the state.

Wolverine chopped off half the Thing's face in the '90s, as well. So yes, Wolverine can cut him. The Thing's about as tough as stone, hence his appearance.

Wolverine also cut the Thing's face during a showdown between the old and "new" Fantastic Four during the mid-90's, when Johnny was on the run for accidentally damaging ESU. Thing had to wear a metal helmet for several years due to the injury, but it eventually healed.

Thing is incredibly resistant to injury, but not completely invulnerable, as fire, electricity and the like can still be felt. Still, he's tough enough to box a few rounds with Hulk, which is longer that Colossus ever has.

Things biggest advantage isn't his durability as much as his stubborness.

He just won't quit basically.

gildea said:
Things biggest advantage isn't his durability as much as his stubborness.

He just won't quit basically.
Exactly. His heart is what makes him cool. Much as the Champion of the Universe discovered. ;)

Dread said:
Wolverine also cut the Thing's face during a showdown between the old and "new" Fantastic Four during the mid-90's, when Johnny was on the run for accidentally damaging ESU. Thing had to wear a metal helmet for several years due to the injury, but it eventually healed.

Thing is incredibly resistant to injury, but not completely invulnerable, as fire, electricity and the like can still be felt. Still, he's tough enough to box a few rounds with Hulk, which is longer that Colossus ever has.

Cheap shot buddy :mad:

Colossal Spoons said:
Cheap shot buddy :mad:
Sorry, I wasn't trying for that. I like Colossus a lot, actually; he's probably my third favorite X-Man right now (behind Wolverine, when done right, and Cyclops). I sure wish he had a lot of "power moments" like Thing has. I was just stating that his few tussles with Hulk weren't nearly as gritty as Thing's.

If I had my way, Colossus would be bumped up into Thing's strength class. He deserves it. I wish Ultimate Colossus could talk 616 Petey into being more of a badass.

Colossal Spoons said:
If I had my way, Colossus would be bumped up into Thing's strength class. He deserves it. I wish Ultimate Colossus could talk 616 Petey into being more of a badass.

I realy don't think high power levels are necesairy. bad place, I'd actually like to see Superman be less powerful that he's been written as to be recently. How powerful they are doesn't matter, It's what they do with what they have.

GNR4Life said:
Meh,Colossus couldn't take the Thing if he tried.

Go bang a steel rod against a rock and tell me which one looks like bad place in the end :mad:

The Question said:
I realy don't think high power levels are necesairy. bad place, I'd actually like to see Superman be less powerful that he's been written as to be recently. How powerful they are doesn't matter, It's what they do with what they have.

Very true, 616 Colossus hasn't had an outstanding feat of strength in a while.

Colossal Spoons said:

I thought his feat with Kitty was better then any strength feat.;)

As cool as that was, I'll take a good building topple over that anyday.

Colossal Spoons said:
Go bang a steel rod against a rock and tell me which one looks like bad place in the end :mad:

Or ever. Liftings feats anyway.

I do think feats of strength and power, do add something to the 'escapism' of the story.

Totally. Ultimate Colossus rescuing that submarine was probably the coolest things I'd seen ever. So was Ultimate Thing breaking the strength test machine.

Colossal Spoons said:
Totally. Ultimate Colossus rescuing that submarine was probably the coolest things I'd seen ever. So was Ultimate Thing breaking the strength test machine.

The first feat i saw was in the first trade i ever bought. It was one of Mark Waids JLA arcs. Its the one when the White martians return. At some point at the end, Supes, Wonder Woman and G.L are forced to drag the moon into earth orbit. It was the first demonstration of power, id seen that really impressed me.

Colossal Spoons said:

best ultimate colossus momment was when he stopped that train, not knowing if he could or not. that was just an awesome momment.

^ I really liked that one as well. Two things about Ultimate Colossus:

1. Him kicking Thor's arse in Ultimate War was fantastic and I'll never forget it.

2. The whole thing with Falcon and the eyes needs to be retconned :mad:

ha, i thought one of the two was gonna be the whole gay thing.

Colossal Spoons said:
I'm pretty sure both are in the 80 tons range.

I wouldn't mind seeing 616 Colossus get some better feats under his belt. He's really pathetic for a primary powerhouse. I don't see why he and the Thing weren't just bumped up to the Thor/Hercules/Hulk strength class a long time ago. :o

^No friggin idea. All I know is that if Warpath joing Uncanny and starts doing powerful things that Pete should have been doing all this time; I'm gonna cause a rukus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"