How I Spent My Opening Weekend...

Son of Thunder

Civilian
Reaction score
Thought I’d kick off a thread to talk about anything special folks did over the weekend to celebrate the movie release.

I saw Thor twice, once in 3D at the Thurs/Fri Midnight show and then again in 2D on Friday night. The theater was packed for both showings and the crowds seemed into it (cheering and laughing appropriately). I was really surprised to see how many people stuck around to see the after credits scene – guess word is out among the GM that it isn’t over till it’s over.

I also did a little Thor promotion of my own on Saturday afternoon at my local Free Comic Book Day. I showed up in my Thor costume (PICS BELOW) and found myself surrounded by the Lone Star Green Lantern Corps (Note: I need to start a Lone Star Thor Corps J). Despite our summer blockbuster rivalry, the GL crew were very nice. People naturally assumed I’d seen the movie so I gave lots of positive reviews to people, encouraging them to see Thor that night. I ended up winning 1st prize in the costume contest too. All in all a very memorable weekend to cap 23 years as a Thor fan.

THGLSUP.jpg

fullgroup.jpg

ThorGLSuptight.jpg

heh Congrats SOT! The only Costume contest I won was in my Viking outfit at the Comic shop up north. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"