The Amazing Spider-Man 2 How I would've scripted TASM 2

Em Dee

Chasing Spiders
Reaction score
I have tried this a bunch, and I've never finished it and I've deleted it.. I'll actually keep it and finish this time lol.. Let me know what you guys think!

How I would have made TASM 2:
This movie begins one year after the events of TASM.. Peter and Gwen have already graduated from High School and are attending college.
The movie starts with opening credits, with the final credit becoming the large red spider symbol. The spider webs dissolve and we hear free falling and the theme playing. This scene plays out much like it does in the movie.. Except there is a large bank robbery instead of the truck chase.. After the epic swinging scene we cut to the bank. We see members of the Russian mob yelling telling everyone to get down.. Suddenly, a large Rhino busts through the wall of the bank and through the vault.. Spidey sneaks in and webs the gang members up.. He swings into the vault and says "Hey how ya doing I'm Spider-Man, you can call me webhead, you can call me amazing, just don't call me late for dinner!" The rhino smacks him into the wall. It charges towards Spider-Man and Spidey dodges.. The rhino keeps getting his horn jammed into the walls and then Peter realizes if he's quick he can break through the armor and rip out the circuits.. Yet again, the rhino charges and Spidey dodges.. He quickly jumps on his back and Gwen asks where Peter is he's late.. She hears metal punching and the rhino screaming in the background. Peter assures her he'll be there soon..eventually Peter breaks through the armor.. He shoots his webs at the circuits and kicks backwards, ripping the circuits out and knocking out the rhino. Today is Aunt May's birthday, and he is late for her party. Peter pulls out his phone to check the time and he sees a text from Gwen saying "Don't forget the cake!!!" Peter rushes to the bakery that closes at 9 and it's 8:50.. Spidey swings into the bakery just in time.. He realizes he still has his costume on.. "Uhh, I'm supposed to pick up a cake for my friend May Parker.." Peter finally gets home and he is scolded for being late. They have the party, and Peter and Gwen are outside talking.. She asks if she regrets the decision he made about breaking the promise.. Peter says no and Gwen gives him a kiss and leaves.. Peter goes inside to see aunt may upset.. Peter asks what's wrong and she talks about how much she misses Ben.. Peter says he misses him too.. They hug and the scene fades to black.. We next get our first look at Max Dillon. His mother is very sick, and his alarm goes off.. It's 5:00 am and he has to give her medicine around this time every morning. He has a smile on his face because it's his birthday! He runs down the stairs like a kid on Christmas.. He wakes his mom up to give her the medicine.. "Mom guess what day it is!" Max exlaims.. His mom says "What? One day closer to death.." "Anything else mom?" "One day closer to getting away from you for good." Max's joyful mood and his smile is quickly wiped off of his face.. Max gets ready for work, and eats the birthday cake he made for himself in silence.

The part where max's mom says one more day close to death I was laughing so hard lol. I liked the part of rhino crashing though the wall in the bank.

The part where max's mom says one more day close to death I was laughing so hard lol. I liked the part of rhino crashing though the wall in the bank.

In a good or bad way? :funny:

The part where she saids getting away for you was good to. I like both of those more then what was shoot in the delected scence with his mom.:yay:

Ha! That's really good man.
I'm actually thinking about making an edited version of the movie (if that's aloud?)
I've pretty much got a edited draft of it and it doesn't have; Peter's parents scenes (opening, briefcase, subway, I need to know scene etc.) It was hard to get rid of the I need to know scene because of the amazing performances but hey, it wouldn't have made sense. Also getting rid of Doctor Rhafka or whatever his name was, the airplane/hospital stuff as well. I'm also trying to either make the whole rhino scene an after credits scene or take it out all together, and the ravoncroft scene with Mr Fiecre as a after credit scene.
Any thoughts??!!

I'm actually thinking about making an edited version of the movie (if that's aloud?)
I've pretty much got a edited draft of it and it doesn't have; Peter's parents scenes (opening, briefcase, subway, I need to know scene etc.) It was hard to get rid of the I need to know scene because of the amazing performances but hey, it wouldn't have made sense. Also getting rid of Doctor Rhafka or whatever his name was, the airplane/hospital stuff as well. I'm also trying to either make the whole rhino scene an after credits scene or take it out all together, and the ravoncroft scene with Mr Fiecre as a after credit scene.
Any thoughts??!!

Take all of that out and it is going to be a very very short movie lol.

Any thoughts??!!

Thanks man! Good luck.. I'm including the parents but it'll be a very small part.. It won't have Peter finding out about the Spiders. Let me know how that goes.

Part 2:
Max is in the elevator at Oscorp, he has a bunch of birthday party flyers for himself that he was planning on giving to every single Oscorp worker including the mean ones even though he knows no one will show up. Someone bumps into Max, and he drops all of his flyers. Another one kicks him while he's trying to pick them up.. Gwen rushes over and helps him. "Hi I'm Gwen... Gwen Stacy." He shyly says "I'm Max Dillon." Gwen sees the birthday party flyers and says, is today your birthday.. He says yes.. Gwen gathers all the flyers for him and says happy birthday to Max.. He lights up and it truly makes his day. He happily strolls to his workplace.. Next scene is Norman sitting in his office, he looks very ill.. He is looking through some files.. His door opens, and it's Harry.. "Dad!" He exclaims.. Norman's eyes move up and just look at Harry. Harry walks over. "What are you working on dad?" Norman pushes him back.. "None of your business Harry.." "Well I've missed you dad, and I love you." Norman says nothing.. We go back to Norman's work.. And we see him select a file that says "The Parker's" this includes surveillance footage and pictures, including footage of Peter getting bit by the spider.. "It worked." Norman says shocked.. He has a grin on his face and we cut to that evening. Max is leaving the building when he is called in to fix a faulty power line.. Realizing he has no choice, he does.. He walks into the room and sees the electric eel tank.. Not thinking much about it, Max goes up to fix it.. The thing that he is standing on becomes loose, and snaps. And the power line comes with him. Max plummets into the electric eel tank and gets bitten and it fades to black. Peter and Gwen are having a date on a rooftop, they are talking about Captain Stacy's promise, and Peter promises he will keep her safe no matter what.. We cut to Max again.. He wakes up after being unconscious.. He is shocked that he is even alive, and he stumbles out of the room.. Max is in the lobby and his boss sees him. He tells him he was supposed to fix the power line, and he fires him.. Max is devastated.. He walks to time square... He's feeling weak, so he stops for a bit. He puts his hand on a street light and sucks the energy out of it.. Not knowing what he did, he's frightened.. His veins are glowing blue..

Any thoughts??!!

I'd love to see this, whats the runtime and where will u upload it?

Marc Webb handled the tones terribly, the script was fine.

Spider-Man is about handling duality. He dresses up in spandex to fight weekly supervillains, but out of the suit very bleak and real problems plague his life (poverty, employment, death, etc). The campiness of Electro and Rhino I believe was meant to emphasize the cartoon world he enters into as Spider-Man, and the more creepy serious Harry Osborn was meant to demonstrate the true evil that forms back in the real world.

There also should have been more emphasis in the irony that Peter believes it's those he faces during his costumed heroics that threaten Gwen, when in reality the greatest threat proved to be from his personal circle.

Also note the recent interview Josh Brolin (Thanos) had about the way marvel studios selects directors. He said "they never select directors with backgrounds in music videos", a key difference between the two production companies.

I tried thinking what I would have done differently with this and also MOS.

I got nothing and I said I got nothing because I would have taken both screenplays and completely changed it giving it an 180.

How I would've done TASM 2:

The movie takes place over the course of three months.

Opening scene is the same, except Richard Parker uploads a video to the NYPD and the US govt. However, Norman Osborn's spies in both departments destroy the evidence. Little do they know that Richard has uploaded the video to one more location.

The plane crashes.

Then we cut to the deleted scene between Harry and Peter when they're children.

The Aleksei chase is the same, graduation is the same except we get info that Flash is going to Empire with Peter. Gwen has already made it into Oxford, so the summer will be the last couple of months Peter has with her. He doesn't want to let her go, so he spends almost all his down time with her.

As Spider-Man, Peter's been getting extremely cocky. He thinks he's infallible - he's bagging criminals left and right, he's become a celebrity. He thinks Captain Stacy has underestimated him: he really believes he can protect Gwen from anything thrown at him.

Aunt May notices that he has become a little too arrogant and tries to talk him down, reminding him of Uncle Ben's words of responsibility.

Harry Osborn also returns - he's going to Empire, too. Peter meets Harry again, same scene as in the movie. He introduces him to Gwen during a date in Times Square, and trio spend the evening together.

A mysterious figure (later dubbed the "Green Goblin" by the press) riding a glider attacks Peter, who dons the Spider-Man suit and squares off against him. He notices the Oscorp logo on the villain's armor. He defeats him, but fails to catch him.

Peter asks Gwen to help him investigate the goings on in Oscorp in order to expose their illegal activities after the attack. This is a result of Peter thinking he can take on anything, and Gwen reminds him that this is bigger than him. But Peter refuses to listen.

Hearing that Oscorp will have an unveiling of some special projects for the press in two months' time, and needing money to support May, Peter applies for a freelance photography job at the Daily Bugle. He gets the job through his photos of Spider-Man, though to his dismay they are used to belittle and antagonize him.

Peter manages to convince JJ Jameson to allow him to go to the unveiling with Betty Brant, now a reporter in this incarnation. The projects Oscorp unveils are mostly military weapons, but Peter sneaks away from the crowd. He breaks into the "Classified" lower levels of Oscorp and discovers the Dock Ock arms, the Rhino suit, the Vulture wings, the glider, and the symbiote.

Peter accidentally trips the security system, forcing him to flee. He runs into Gwen, who's done some digging and has found information on a cyborg suit meant to heal people with with battlefield injuries. We get the same klutz scene from the movie, except it's so Peter can get away.

A little while later, Peter asks Gwen why she chose to go to Oxford and not stay with him at Empire. She tells him he's being selfish and that she needs to go on her own path. They get into an argument; Peter argues that if she loves him, she would stay. She retorts she would love him no matter where he went.

That night, Peter visits Dr. Connors in prison as Spider-Man and asks him more about Oscorp. Dr. Connors finally tells Peter that his parents were assigned to a project to help cure Norman Osborn of his disease, but something in the test serum went wrong, and Norman has not been the same since. He tells him Norman has always sought control over everything, but after the serum test, he's been acting kind of insane.

At home, Peter learns from May about the government asking questions about his dad. She tells him he was accused of trying to sell bioweapons to terrorists overseas.

After learning this, Peter, in disbelief that his dad could be accused of such a crime, starts asking Harry more questions than usual about his Norman's work, which Harry notes this to his dad. Norman tells Harry to stay away from Peter. Harry thinks this is weird and does some digging through his dad's desk and finds out that Oscorp has been watching Peter. He tells Peter this, which makes Peter realize that Oscorp may know he is Spider-Man.

Aleksei is freed from prison by the Man in the Shadows and given the Rhino suit.

Peter tells Gwen what he's learned, who advises him to be more careful. But Peter tells her he will have none of it. Gwen asks him if he still resents her decision, and Peter says yes.

In the middle of their conversation, the Rhino attacks them. Spider-Man defeats him.

The Daily Bugle accuses Spider-Man and Rhino of being terrorists.

Angered by the attack, Gwen's choice to leave, and the Daily Bugle, Peter starts tracing his dad's footsteps and finds out that Richard always disappeared between 5 PM and 7 PM after the serum testing went wrong from Connors. Peter looks through the suitcase and picks up tiny vibrations from inside Richard's calculator using his senses. He breaks open the calculator and finds the coins.

We get the abandoned subway scene, where Richard set up shop and gathered evidence against Norman for him to be put into Ravencroft. Richard says he's innocent in the video and Norman is framing him. Norman has adopted an alter-ego ever since the serum testing (the "Man in the Shadows"). The serum has amplified his worst traits, namely his megalomania, and he is planning to create an empire in New York with his "Sinister Six." The missing piece to the puzzle in Norman's plan was a human-spider hybrid, so Richard altered the spider serum at the last second to only work with people who had his DNA.

Peter cries when he realizes his mom and dad sacrificed their lives to protect him from Norman.

With the drive containing the video, Peter hurries to the NYPD. Along the way, though, he gets a call from Gwen, who is about to leave for Oxford. While she's on the phone, though, the Goblin abducts Gwen. Spider-Man goes to the bridge, where the Goblin drops her; Peter tries to rescue her, but her neck snaps and she dies.

Devastated and enraged, Spider-Man chases the Green Goblin through New York City with their battle ending atop the Empire State Building. During the fight, the Goblin tells Spider-Man that he wanted to recruit him to his cause ever since he was a boy, but now that he has chosen his path, he must be removed.

Peter unmasks the Goblin, revealing that he was Norman all along. Norman tells Peter it was his fault Gwen died - his inability to let go of her and his involving her in the situation led to her death.

Norman is arrested and exposed; Harry is devastated and visits his dad in Ravencroft. Norman tells Harry that he has the same disease that he does and, in time, he will succumb as well.

Peter goes to Gwen's funeral. The final shot is him standing over her grave with Aunt May by his side.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"