How is Millar not super-pissed about this?

No such thing was implied by me: this is because the words "super criminal" and "super villain" for all intents and purposes, mean the same thing.

You don't know me, you do not have a window inside my head and as such lack all insight into why I might have said any given thing. Nor do you have a window into Millar's head, or the millions of people's heads that comprise the general moviegoing public. Please stop pretending that you do; no one is fooled. You can guess. You do not KNOW.

Once again I am going to suggest actually taking the time to READ THE GRAPHIC NOVEL. You cannot argue intelligently on this score until you do, believe it or not.

Superheroes are very much involved in what goes on in "Wanted," albeit mostly offscreen. Had you read the mini, you'd understand this.

Yes, and those mainstream movie audiences have stayed away from "Spider-man," "Batman," "Superman," "Iron Man" and a plethora of other like movies, in droves! - all because they do not have that "natural love for superheroes." Yeah right, that's very believeable.

The affinities of the general moviegoing public are addressed above, Skippy. Ah, when someone starts with the profanities you always know they're running out of ammo. :cool:

I literally LOL-ed when I read this. No kidding.

Had you, y'know, actually read the graphic novel you would know that "Wanted" is not exactly "Clytemnestra." It's not "War and Peace," even. It makes no such pretensions.

"Wanted" is a war between rival clans of super criminals [or supervillains, my bad] that ends up with a blood-drenched killing floor and body-parts lying around in heaps. Literally. Almost everyone dies: likeable supervillains, the ones you love to hate, the disgusting ones - almost everybody.

Is there a deeper message in there? You betcha there is. But your expectations that "Wanted" should be turned into "The Matrix" so that people will find it "accessible" only highlights why it should never have been made: the general public could never, never have handled what this was all about.

To even try to tame the ol' Ultra-Violence is just plain stupid. Millar sold out and I would not see this train-wreck of an adaptation if the studio paid ME, instead of the other way around. Not even Brangelina can do anything about that, I'm afraid.

EDIT: But you know, I wonder. We have movies such as "Saw" and "Hostel" these days. Can the general public really not handle extreme violence? If not, why are these movies spawning sequels and generating tons of money for the studios that make them...? I don't see a lot of Greek tragedy in "Hostel," but perhaps this is just me.

You keep telling me to read the graphic novel.

There's nothing left to say. I don't mean to get personal but this has clearly gone over your head. You don't seem to grasp basic things about the comic itself, the difference between the mediums, the difference between the audiences, the logistics of producing and positioning films, the differences between Wanted and other comic book films. If you do understand these basics then you surely havn’t demonstrated it. You group everything together. You get things totally mixed up talking about Greek tragedy in violent movies like Hostel. Ok I'm sorry I just realised you really are like 14 or something. I wish you had told me that before. My final word on this is that maybe you should consider that not everything here is as simplistic as you would like to believe, and that guess what, people who do this for a living probably know their sht better than you do. It's why they can sustain careers making movies and you're just some confused kid on a message board. If you really cannot see how comic book conventions can be removed from the story, at even a hypothetical benefit to the film, then I’d suggest you begin reading more than just comic books as part of your regular habit. We’re only talking high-school level reading comprehension here.

just dont watch the movie if you're that much of an ignorant purist...

easy as that..lol

You keep telling me to read the graphic novel.

There's nothing left to say.

That is exactly correct: because until you do, you cannot argue from a standpoint of knowledge.

You get things totally mixed up talking about Greek tragedy in violent movies like Hostel.

I have not said anything about "Hostel" being on a par with classic Greek tragedy; please learn to comprehend what you read.

Ok I'm sorry I just realised you really are like 14 or something. I wish you had told me that before.

I have told you no such thing, because I am not fourteen. Unfortunately for you, saying that I am is not exactly altering reality to fit your words.

I think the most telling message here is that this is all you can come up with to refute me: you have not read the G.N., you cannot argue from an informed standpoint so out come the ad-hominems.

My final word on this is that maybe you should consider that not everything here is as simplistic as you would like to believe, and that guess what, people who do this for a living probably know their sht better than you do.

Yeah... just like the people who made CINO and great genre films such as "Batman and Robin." Now that was some stellar work, they sure knew what they were doing...!

...and I take these films just about as seriously as I do this tale of rival clans of supervillains who have altered reality so that they can operate unimpeded, being turned into a tale of heroism. BRILLIANT!

If you really cannot see how comic book conventions can be removed from the story, at even a hypothetical benefit to the film, then I’d suggest you begin reading more than just comic books as part of your regular habit. We’re only talking high-school level reading comprehension here.

... When are you going to explain to us exactly how "Wanted" made according to the actual storyline would be completely inaccessible to the general public, but "Watchmen" is going to be acclaimed by that same audience to be the greatest film of all time...?

Because you know, I'd guess that at least 80% of the general moviegoing public has never even heard of "Watchmen," just like they've never heard of "Wanted." And deny though you may, I really don't think "Watchmen" is up there with "Clytemnestra," or really, even "Antony and Cleopatra."

Its a comic book. Just like "Wanted." And remember, you told us earlier how the general moviegoing public can't relate to comics-based projects unless all aspects of paranormality are stripped away. Right...? Right.

I give your ability to reason your way through an argument an F for "fail."

Currently holding a Bachelor of Science degree:
S.

just dont watch the movie if you're that much of an ignorant purist...

easy as that..lol

Soooo.....she's an ignorant purist for wanting the film to resemble the source material, and you are Captain Righteous for liking what you've seen of the movie?

Get a clue, man. Are you gooing to be whistling the same tune if the DragonBall movie is a complete departure from the source material? What if Batman gets bitten by a genetically altered bat in the next film and the joker is changed to a robotic joke-machine? Should we swallow that s*** with a smile, as well?

Wall-E will crush Wanted...and that will make me happy.

Shin, i'm curious to hear your opinion about the early reviews from the movie.

mostly has been good so far.

Soooo.....she's an ignorant purist for wanting the film to resemble the source material, and you are Captain Righteous for liking what you've seen of the movie?

Get a clue, man. Are you gooing to be whistling the same tune if the DragonBall movie is a complete departure from the source material? What if Batman gets bitten by a genetically altered bat in the next film and the joker is changed to a robotic joke-machine? Should we swallow that s*** with a smile, as well?

Wall-E will crush Wanted...and that will make me happy.

umm dragonball IS a complete departure from the cartoon... so was transformers.

i have never decided to protest a movie or pre-hate it because the filmmakers wanted some freedom to translate the movie in a way they feel more comfortable with. just look at how they forced sam raimi to add venom... look how that turned out lol.

Wall-E will crush wanted... but that doesnt make any kind of difference.lol.

I give your ability to reason your way through an argument an F for "fail."

Your entire line of reasoning is to accuse me of not reading the comic book, and to repeat yourself over and over again by telling me, in case I had not noticed, that WANTED IS A COMIC BOOK WITH SUPERHEROES AND SO THE MOVIE SHOULD HAVE SUPERHEROES TOO IT'S LIKE SPIDERMAN AND X-MEN DUH. That's really all you've told me. You haven't even tried to address any of the differences I've offered. Good luck with that Science degree. You're one of the thickest and most inane people I've ever encountered here and that's saying a lot.

If you had read it you'll see it's not a big a deal as it might initially seem :cwink:. Basically the real world we live in is secretly controlled by a cabal of of not-so-nice guys. That's the important part. At the headquarters where they hang out they all wear colourful costumes and refer to victories against arch rivals. We see a flashback of hundreds of heroes flying at hundreds of some villains, but otherwise all the superhero stuff is basically in jokes for hardcore fans of the genre ( E.g. we see two old TV actors that look like Adam West and Burt Ward being lowered into pit by a guy with crossword puzzles all over his spandex, and they don't remember ever being heroes). It's nice because it's tailored at the audience but it doesn't really make much difference one you establish the secret society-of-********s aspect.

By film conventions I mean that superheroes on screen do not serve the same purpose as superheros in a comic book. The medium is the message here. As a comic book Wanted is about how ordinary dudes want more in our mundane lives, to the extent that we entertain elaborate power fantasies and so on. In the comics, written for long time comic readers, superheroes are a great vehicle for that. But on screen you're talking to people who simply don't care or know so much about heroes, they're not as fluent in the genre and its cliches and conventions, the things that make it fun to tell a story with. But everyone in the cinema knows about stock standard super assassins and spies, they're nothing unusual. They fit the theme better without having to force superheroes into context they weren't intended for. The secret society needs to be reflection of the audiences inner lives, and most film goers don't think about being a superhero with a cape and powers, they just think about being powerful and cool. Also that's why Angelina Jolie is so perfect, she's the one that every women wants to be and every guy wants to be inside, she's the living epitome of desire. But on the other hand the second you make it a "superhero movie" you're setting yourself up for a huge diversion from the real themes. Not too mention a budget blow-up that would just result in a film packed with crappy, boring CGI, X-Men 3 with a bit of **** and swearing in it.

ha ha. damn that Comic Authority. yeah :whatever:

the stuff about the good guys losing can work in any context. Why do you think we see so many movies about corrupt governments or agencies, good cops fighting the hard fight against their superiors, people blowing the lid on conspiracies etc. It's not like the idea only works with superheroes. Wanted just put the protagonist in with the bad guys, the power control. Essentially saying the rest of us losers deserve to be treated like sheep and taking pleasure in it. Do a few superhero in-jokes and costumes really make that much of a difference, that's all the hero stuff really brought exclusively to the comic book.
I actually really do think I love you. Your post resonates with the same amount of logic as my mind normally does, yet you post it so effortlessly...

love.

In terms of everyone accusing Millar of selling out, yes he did, defintely. However, reading some of this books (haven't read Wanted), you can tell he was writing them as big budget action movies and if this gets his foot in the door, good for him. He's not a big name like Alan Moore or Frank Miller, so he needs a little help. I'd love to see a Mark Millar writen comic book movie on the big screen, I think it'd be great. Since this doesn't look like it.

As for Wanted, I think it's a huge mistake to deviate from the source material, especially since the deviations seem to make it more cliche. Everyone talks about how little power the comic audience has in making a comic book movie a success, but I think that's incredibly wrong, while we don't make up that much of the box office's actual receipts, we do help or hurt the publics perception of the movie. Many of the biggest successes were movies the comic geeks came out en mass to praise, there's a reason why so many movies are announced at the San Diego Comic-Con, we do have a voice and we can seriously help or hurt a movie.

Some of the biggest surprise hits were hits because the filmmakers stuck closely to the comic, 300 and Sin City are two great examples. 300 could have been a convential swords and sandels epic, Sin City a normal crime drama, but they ran with the idea of going over the top, using a unique visual style that made it look like a live-action comic and I think that was the real reason they were successes. Iron Man is another, they could have made Stark are much more "good guy" character, but making Stark more like he is in the comics is what the public likes most about the movie.

Wanted may be a success and if the reviews continue to be good probably will be (not sticking to the source material worked for the Bourne films), but I think it would be a much bigger success if it stuck closer to the original concept. The original concept sounds great, I think it could done 300 numbers if it stuck closer to the material because it'd be something new. However, going the more traditional route it'll probably limp towards $100 million (total, probably open around $30-40 mil maybe), the visual style will draw people in, since it's looks unique enough, but an even more unique story with that style would really make this film succeed. I know people will say though, but people won't want to see a movie about super villians, to that I say, what are most people in the general public looking forward to in The Dark Knight, the over-the-top insanity of The Joker. In my opinion, 'nuff said.

Your entire line of reasoning is to accuse me of not reading the comic book, and to repeat yourself over and over again by telling me, in case I had not noticed, that WANTED IS A COMIC BOOK WITH SUPERHEROES AND SO THE MOVIE SHOULD HAVE SUPERHEROES TOO IT'S LIKE SPIDERMAN AND X-MEN DUH. That's really all you've told me. You haven't even tried to address any of the differences I've offered. Good luck with that Science degree. You're one of the thickest and most inane people I've ever encountered here and that's saying a lot.

If you think telling everyone here that Wanted is not a comics-based franchise right along with Superman, Batman, etc. is making you look smarter, be my guest. What that is, is a flagrant denial of reality - but be my guest. Had you read the graphic novel you'd know what the book are actually about.

But you don't. So you think Generic Action Flick #1290893 is a-ok. The "differences you've offered" boil down to telling us that:

1. The general moviegoing public cannot identify with paranormals.

2. The general public therefore cannot tolerate a movie about them, and so they are bound to fail. This, despite the successes of many aforementioned genre films - some of those films very questionable in quality, too. The general moviegoing public certainly had no problems there.

3. But! Watchmen will do wonderfully, this will be the greatest paranormal epic ever, and the general public will cry for more! This despite the fact that [as far as i recall] the protagonists in Watchmen go all-out and actually don those costumes you seem to despise so much. How will the public relate to them??!!!!!!!!! OMG A MASK!

4. To be successful, a comics-based film must mirror an epic Greek tragedy, or maybe even a romantic comedy. Anything will do.

You're like a lawyer trying to argue the case without having read one bit of the evidence. Sad.

Enjoy Generic Action Flick #1290893, y'hear?

Enjoy Generic Action Flick #1290893, y'hear?

I understand completely where you guys are coming from. But calling this movie'a generic action flick' just because it's different from the GN is just plai n stupid.

It might not have the exact same story of the GN, it might not be your thing, bt it doesn't mean that it will automatically suck.

Judging from all the trailers and the positive reviews that we've got so far, this movie will have plenty new things to offer in terms of action scenes. My guess is, it'll please even the most jaded action movies fans.

Not being sarcastic when I ask this:

What exactly, in your view, differentiates this film, aka WINO, from the other ten million generic action flicks already out there?

We've seen every bit of what I've seen on the trailer 10 million times before. The elements that made the story special have all been removed or watered down into unrecognizability, such as Professor Seltzer [who was a practicing pedophile, as everyone who has read the book could tell you...not a nice guy, at all] being turned into....Morgan Freeman?! One example of literally dozens.

Its like many people here see one shot of Brangelina leaning out of a car-window firing a gun, and go "MOST AWESOME FILM EVER!" Just on the strength of a few shots like that. Brangelina does that sort of thing all the time, there's nothing special about that.

I don't get it. Because all the things that made this story special.... have been removed. Yet everyone's like "Oh, YAY!! Best movie ever!!"

Not being sarcastic when I ask this:

What exactly, in your view, differentiates this film, aka WINO, from the other ten million generic action flicks already out there?

Just out of curiosity, not being a smartass...have you only seen the one U.S trailer? have you seen the russian ones?

My point is, even though that this movie doesn't exactly follow the GN, doesn't mean that it automatically will be a suckass action movie.

Moreover, Timur bekmambetov can definitely deliver when it comes to action scenes.Judging from his two previous movies, this one will definitely have more than just a generic action scenes...especially now that he's got a bigger budget to play with.

We've seen every bit of what I've seen on the trailer 10 million times before

Really? i've never seen those stuff in any other movies. And yes... not even the matrix movies. This is like saying: 'yeah, i've seen people shoot other people in other movies, no need for me to see this movie!' it's all in the execution. let's just say i have faith in the director of this movie.

Its like many people here see one shot of Brangelina leaning out of a car-window firing a gun, and go "MOST AWESOME FILM EVER!" Just on the strength of a few shots like that. Brangelina does that sort of thing all the time, there's nothing special about that.

Meh, personally, i can't stand that woman. If she loses a couple more pounds, Brad will have to file a missing person report.

In any case, she's not one of the reason why i think this movie will deliver.I could be wrong though.

That's it for today. Dead tired and i'm off to bed now. See you fine folks later:yay:

The dude sold out and got paid. Doesn't say much for his integrity, but if he's got bigger aspirations and other responsibilities (family), he did what was right for him.

Homeless people never sell-out, Millar did exactly what any of us would do. Millar changed some his material b/c its either change or starve. The bright side is that if Wanted does well enough, then Millar might not ever have to change his work again.

Well, according to the reviews so far, Wanted In Name Only isn't a horrible movie. It's getting decent reviews, and it may make a little money. If people enjoy the movie, I won't hate on them.

However, I will still hate on the film, as I love the GN, and this movie is a total departure from the Comic. Yes. It is. I wanted to see the comic on the big screen, and that isn't going to happen (ever, now that this is coming out), so I'm fine with that. It doesn't change the comic one iota, and I can still enjoy it.

The movie will just have to be the movie, and the comic will just have to be the comic.

As for Millar selling out, I can't hate on him. If someone offered me millions for an idea right now, I'd sell out so fast Millar's head would spin!!! I've got a family to provide for, so I can't be picky. However, if I had money, and I was offered money for my comic, I'd want it done right.

Anyways, enjoy the film, enjoy the comic, whatever.

I think WINO looks like a mediocre action film....but alot of criticcs think otherwise. Diff'rent strokes.

블라스;15123999 said:
I heard it's a lot better to watch a movie before judging it, but hey I could be wrong.

You are.:oldrazz:

Seriously, it wouldn't do me any good to watch it. I think "curving bullets" is stupid, and I'm a huge fan of the GN, so as soon as it started to differentiate itself from the comic, I'd hate it. No sense in wasting my time.

Kakashi: Just out of curiosity, not being a smartass...have you only seen the one U.S trailer? have you seen the russian ones?

A truly great film would not make me go out and hunt down a RUSSIAN trailer, in the hopes that I might finally see something I like.

That just has "fail" stamped all over it, to me.

someone else: I heard it's a lot better to watch a movie before judging it, but hey I could be wrong.

This exact same rationale was trotted out for CINO, and look what happened with that.

If someone hands you a ham sandwich that's started to spoil and says "here, try this!", do you actually have to taste it to know that something might be a little askew?

Nope. You can usually smell it first.

WINO "smells" to me, and to a lot of people who loved the graphic novel. Sorry.

A truly great film would not make me go out and hunt down a RUSSIAN trailer, in the hopes that I might finally see something I like.

That just has "fail" stamped all over it, to me.

Eehm...it's all over the net? it's not like you have to go on a scavanger hunt on the internet to find it.It might provide you with a different look for the movie.

A lot of these types of movies nowadays has two different kinds of trailers anyway. The regular ones and the red bands ones.People see the red band trailers-or in this case, the Russian ones -because everybody knows that the regular trailers won't show you everything, especially when it comes to violent scenes.

This exact same rationale was trotted out for CINO, and look what happened with that.

Except for one huge difference. Judging from the early reviews, this looks to be a good movie.Not a piece of cinematic turd like catwoman was.

WINO "smells" to me, and to a lot of people who loved the graphic novel. Sorry.

'A lot'seems to be stretching it. On this board, i only see a handfull of people who shares your opinion.

In any case, it seems to me that you've already made up your mind that this movie is going to suck.nothing anybody will say to you will change that.

So we just have to agree to disagree about this movie.

Well, if you are correct and myself and Shinlyle really ARE the only two people in the world who hate the very idea, you got nothing to worry about, right? Generic Action Flick #1290893 will make a mint of money and spawn endless sequels.

Let the bullet-curving commence! [even though bullet trajectories being curved was nowheres in the graphic novel, but why let boring facts like that get in anyone's way, we got Brangelina and Morgan Freeman the Father Figure, we're good to go.]

Well, according to the reviews so far, Wanted In Name Only isn't a horrible movie. It's getting decent reviews, and it may make a little money. If people enjoy the movie, I won't hate on them.

However, I will still hate on the film, as I love the GN, and this movie is a total departure from the Comic. Yes. It is. I wanted to see the comic on the big screen, and that isn't going to happen (ever, now that this is coming out), so I'm fine with that. It doesn't change the comic one iota, and I can still enjoy it.

The movie will just have to be the movie, and the comic will just have to be the comic.

As for Millar selling out, I can't hate on him. If someone offered me millions for an idea right now, I'd sell out so fast Millar's head would spin!!! I've got a family to provide for, so I can't be picky. However, if I had money, and I was offered money for my comic, I'd want it done right.

Anyways, enjoy the film, enjoy the comic, whatever.

I think WINO looks like a mediocre action film....but alot of criticcs think otherwise. Diff'rent strokes.

This is pretty much the best way to sum up how I feel about this movie as well.

I have never read the graphic novel, but CLEARLY there is much missing from this film that was (I am assuming, because it SHOULD be) in the graphic novel.

I really think that there was a rich, deep well of ideas that could have been tapped with a group of supervillains ruling the world, that will probably never be looked into any further.

Also, since when does cool special effects and action sequences make a movie good? PLOT, CHARACTERIZATION, THEMES, ACTING, etc. make a movie good. People today seem to think that the "cool" factor of a specific scene or set of sequences makes a movie good. All the time I hear how the fight in the Matrix 2 between Neo and Mr. Smith made that movie good. WRONG!!! Ask anyone who actually knows about art, and they would explain how that is just ridiculous.

Again, it is true, that this movie MAY VERY WELL BE a great movie. But, that is NOT the point here. The point here is that the movie took only pieces of what is clearly a much more elaborate and involved story. The movie could be great, but that HARDLY means that anyone should be pleased about their favorite comic being dismantled for parts or that there really are important ideas that could have been drawn from the ORIGINAL Wanted concept that were not used and (I'm assuming) never will be.

Also, I am finding it terribly annoying how so many people keep saying to wait until the movie comes out. That is NOT HOW IT WORKS. Hollywood does NOT get to just put filth out there and assume that I will go see it. They have to convince me to spend my money on it. Maybe some of you have money coming out of your ears, but most of us need to be thrifty and choose carefully what we spend our money on. If BY TRAILERS ALONE we think a movie looks like GARBAGE, then at that point, we have EVERY right not to see it. Perhaps, through word of mouth, or great reviews, I hear that a movie I thought looked like crap was in fact good, then I might change my mind and see it. But, there has to be a legitimate, good reason to do so. As someone said before me, what do you think is going to change about what I already don't like from seeing the previews when I actually sit down to watch the film? The bullets are STILL going to curve, and I think that's dopey. It will STILL be a league of assassins, which is stupid (in my opinion, of course). It will STILL NOT have villains as the main plot point of the story. It will STILL have Angelina Jolie (who I cannot stand and hate in every movie I've seen her in). It will STILL rip-off the concept of the "every-man" becoming something "more" or "greater" or whatever enter-the-cliche-here word that has been done to death (and recently!)

I hope that those of you who seem to defend this movie, go see it and have a great time, I really do. That is your right and I'm glad you will enjoy something that I will not. However, the good time you have at the movies WILL be at the expense of many of those who enjoy the comic (and me, who is just looking for something unique, fresh, different, and GOOD <---I say "good" because most of the stuff Hollywood churns out is garbage...not necessarily saying that the Wanted movie will not be "good")

One last thing that is annoying me: It has also been said that these changes were necessary (I'm not sure that was the exact word that was used, but it was the basic idea). The changes that they made to Wanted were not necessary. PERHAPS they were considered optimal. PERHAPS they did not research and found that spy/assassins would work better for those dopey movie-goers who don't relate to superheroes at all <---(please find the sarcasm here). PERHAPS there were legal issues with the DC character rip-offs. Perhaps, perhaps perhaps, but NONE of that means that the changes they made were NECESSARY. Preferred? Could be. More profitable? Maybe. But necessary? No. And, for those of you that I KNOW are going to argue that the changes were somehow in fact necessary, I give you the definition of necessary:

"being essential, indispensable, or requisite"

Clearly, the changes made do not fit this criteria.

I really think that there was a rich, deep well of ideas that could have been tapped with a group of supervillains ruling the world, that will probably never be looked into any further.

You're right there are alot of deep ideas in that concept that could be explored. But thing is, even in the comic book, they're not. The idea is just a starting point for the story around Wesley, it's not what makes the comic great. It's a cool concept but Millar never intended to really explore it in a way that's exclusive to 'supervillains'. Again it's more about using superheroes as a nostalgic veneer. So why should the movie explore those things? that's a deviation if anything. And I understand that you could think "well how is that NOT a major point in the book". Well it is, and it isn't. It's major that the world is run by a secret group who are unopposed, but that's it. It was easy for them to rewrite reality, so we just accept it's happened and the story movies on. In the movie, there were never any "good guy assassins" to challenge them, so a reality wipe isn't necessary. The cool things you can explore about bad guys running the world are still able to be served by assassins.

Also I don't understand you're points about things being necessary. If something is preferable over necessary, is that not a good enough reason to change it? Preferable, it means that to artists it would make a movie better. It that's the case, the question of something being 'necessary' is irreverent. It's either better, or it's not.

The movie is isn't released here yet, but from the sounds of it it has indeed taken huge liberties. This is plot points that have nothing to do with superheroes however, and I still believe that taking superheroes out was the smarter option. But only when I see the movie I can decide if they've screwed the comic, particularly the reveal about his dad and the final pages which are so important to the book. These have apparently been retained in some form.

I'm not against changes it themselves; it's supremely ignorant to expect that a comic book can be adapted scene for scene. But insincere changes that screw with the intent of the story, that's not cool. And I know Mark Millar as a writer, he's not ashamed of unabashedly hyping his stuff or god forbid it, "selling out". Because he knows it's a business and he doesn't take himself that seriously to be all pretentious and Alan Moore about it. He made gold for Marvel with Civil War, Ultimates, pretty much everything he puts his fingers on, so correct he doesn't need to sell out, he simply wants his stories to be seen, and yes, he wants to break into film scriptwriting. So what? He wants to write the Superman trilogy, dearly. And at that the rate he and WB are going, he will, and watch, he will ACE it. But he needs proven success in film to do that. Selling out is such a ridiculous accusation most of the time anyway, but particularly here. I'm sorry, but what is so wrong with wanting your stories to find a larger audience?

Thanks for the compliment November Rain. I think...:word:

WINO

wanted
in
name
only

seriously if you are going to take a story and change EVERYTHING why bother :whatever:
you may as well just come up with your own original story and make that

I've just going to say my peace and leave it at that,

when fans complain too much has changed they are labelled 'fanboys' which is annoying in the extreme. everyone that read wanted and found out they were going to make a movie MUST have know the supervillain angle would be the first thing to go its too much to fit into a 2 hour movie, I 'expected' that cut but all the changes they made I was like WTF?!!!

I'm sorry but that isn't staying true to the original idea you could EASILY have dropped the superhero angle and still been closer to the graphic novel

*spoilers*

a) they GIVE him all his dads money, he doesn't have to EARN they premise of his father wanting to toughen him up and using the incentive of money is thrown away. why?

b) having him take down his fathers organisation because its corrupt, erm, how in any shape or form does that follow the original idea?

c) curve the bullet? why was that added? seriously what **** does it add?

d) the main bad guy dropped from the graphic novel dropped in favor of what? LAME LAME LAME

I could go on but if they wanted to make this move follow the beads of the original sans supervillans they could have done it easily...EASILY!!!
the truth is if I never read the graphic novel I probably would have enjoyed this movie but its called wanted and 'claims' to be based on wanted but I don't think I've EVER seen a movie that rips up for much of the original content, for pete's sake LXG was more faithful than this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"