How long before the fan community turns on the Nolan films?

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight Rises' started by DACrowe, Jul 31, 2012.

?

When will the fans turn on TDK Trilogy in Mass?

1. When a reboot or JL film is announced

2. When we get a poster/stills of the reboot/JL film

3. The new Trailer(s)

4. Week of Release

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Anno_Domini

Anno_Domini Well-Known Member

I take back what I chose for the poll. Some fans have already turned on Nolan's trilogy it seems, lol. Looking around this entire forum and you get that feeling.

2. BatLobsterRises

BatLobsterRises Lobsterized

The people who were fans of BB and TDK and are turning on all three films now because they didn't like TDKR make me long for the return of Schumacher.

Granted, I haven't encountered anyone like that, but I tend to avoid IMDB, AICN and CBM talkbacks.

3. Human Torch

Human Torch Well-Known Member

Same thing happened with Raimi's Spider-Man.

4. Kane52630

Kane52630 Something's gotta stop the flow

And it'll probably wont ever stop. Some fans just love to trash the previous incarnation and praise the newest one that usually haven't been released yet. I remember I said this many times before TDKR even began shooting that there will be people who are fans of TDK that won't like TDKR just because it's not TDK 2.0.

5. BatLobsterRises

^ Yup. When people started bashing the title when it was revealed, you could just sense a backlash waiting to happen.

I do think there will be many who stay loyal to Nolan though, just as many stayed loyal to Burton.

Though when the next Batman comes out and the actor isn't doing a growl, that's gonna be fodder for the Nolan/Bale bashing. That's just a given.

6. Kane52630

Kane52630 Something's gotta stop the flow

And i'll just be here, being loyal to Batman. :batman::up:

7. Anno_Domini

To a point, yes. Although some, as myself, still love Spider-Man 2 while the third was never astounding and the first was never that great either.

ALTHOUGH, I will say this...I've been rather enjoying the '02 film more as of late.

8. Anno_Domini

I may have to stay away from the Batman boards all together when the Nolan/Bale bashing intensifies.

9. Human Torch

Human Torch Well-Known Member

Not so.Apart from complaints about GG's costume,the film was generally well recieved.I'd say as much as BB was.

10. Uroboric Forms

Uroboric Forms Your Move, Creep

Never quite understood people's reasons for ranking SM2 over SM1, same with X2. Maybe it's because I'm a sucker for an origin story, but they seemed stronger overall. I found the first Spider-Man far more captivating than the second.

11. Majik1387

Majik1387 Well-Known Member

It's because SM2 is overrated as hell. Out of all the Raimi movies, the first is the only one that is good.

12. Llama_Shepherd

Llama_Shepherd Well-Known Member

I thought all of Raimi's films were good. In that it is a fairly coherent trilogy, and none of the films are overtly bad.

But Amazing Spider-Man felt leaps and bounds better. Andrew Garfield is perhaps one of my favourite superhero castings ever. He just seemed to live and breathe Peter Parker, he didn't just seem like he played the role.

At the moment, I think support for the Nolan films will stay fairly positive, but as the years go by, perhaps the rose tinted glasses some wear will begin to fade. I'm not sure as a trilogy it will be topped for quite a while, but I hold out hope that it will. But people shouldn't ever "turn" on the films. They will have the same merit in twenty years as they do now.

13. BatLobsterRises

We can always hope that even better films will be made in the future. But nothing can replace the memories I have with this franchise. How these films made Bat-fans out of so many of my friends, how I made new friends because of these films. Meeting Jonah Nolan after seeing a viral screening of the prologue. Trekking to Pittsburgh for the Heinz Field shoot. These were more than just movies for a lot of fans. It hit me at the perfect time in my life. Even if these movies are topped one day, they'll never be replaced for me.

14. Fudgie

Fudgie Well-Known Member

As crap as TDKR is I'll never turn on TDK. It's the best Batman movie and comic book movie ever. No crappy sequel will change that.

15. Anno_Domini

Good thing TDKR isn't crap :up:

But, on to the Spidey talk...I'm not gonna get into some argument over how Spider-Man 2 is definitely not overrated, lol, but it's definitely my favorite film of Raimi's trilogy. The only Spider-Man DVD I own actually.

16. Fudgie

Fudgie Well-Known Member

Not to you, but it is to me.

17. Deserana

Deserana 2005/2008/2012

I think a lot of people forget how well recieved BB was. I didn't watch it nor was very interested on its release but I remember it was a very highly recieved. Much more so than your average CBM. On here it just seems to be your run of the mill superhero flick.

18. Fudgie

Fudgie Well-Known Member

Begins started the reboot frenzy.

19. Mace Dolex

Mace Dolex Powerful User

The backlash is inevitable but it will happen like a domino effect first with a director announced followed by the actor cast and first peak at the suit.

And I'm sure WB is prepared for it at least 2 years in advance.

20. Anno_Domini

I think a lot of people didn't spend money on watching BB in theatres because of Batman & Robin. Coming off B&R and being this new thing called a "reboot" got a lot of fans and the general audience at a pause on what the film was really about. Fortunately for me, I saw it on opening night and loved the film.

21. Mace Dolex

Mace Dolex Powerful User

Even a few of the movie critics that I respect liked it, Roger Ebert gave it a thumbs up and he gave a thumbs down to the Burton/Schumacher films.

22. Fudgie

Fudgie Well-Known Member

Ebert gave Begins and TDK four star ratings but he only gave Rises three. Sounds like he liked Begins more.

23. Anno_Domini

Didn't know 3 out of 4 stars was a bad thing. Definitely doesn't spell out crap as some people would say TDKR is.

24. Fudgie

Fudgie Well-Known Member

When ya read Ebert's review ya can tell he's being generous;

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120717/REVIEWS/120719981

Yup I reckon he was being generous giving it three stars after reading all of those remarks.

25. Anno_Domini

:funny:

Lol, you just try so hard, don't ya?

I give you that you're quite ambitious in trying to make some point as much as TDKR is ambitious.