The Dark Knight Rises How long before the fan community turns on the Nolan films?

Cute and fun? lol then what the heck do ya call Marvels movies? Or past batmans? yikes.
I knew I shouldn't have posted my evenhanded opinion in here...You are now entering my ignore list because you are completely unreasonable and believe that I'm some sort of Marvel loon just because of my name. I hate posters like you, you have ruined the Batman boards and Batman fandom.

I knew I shouldn't have posted my evenhanded opinion in here...You are now entering my ignore list because you are completely unreasonable and believe that I'm some sort of Marvel loon just because of my name. I hate posters like you, you have ruined the Batman boards and Batman fandom.

This forum is full of those types. Remember it's the TDKR fans that sent death threats to a critic who dared to give it a bad review.

I think that normal people enjoyed TDKR's but I don't see any proof that they thought it was as good as TDK. The movie is out and I don't see this huge backlash because the movie wasn't terrible. I thought that the movie was cute and fun but nothing special.

Do many movies really have that much of a backlash. When I dislike a movie I move on and don't really care to post on a message board for the next 5 years saying how there is a backlash.

I've found on these boards that some posters lose sight of the fact that on a good day there maybe 20 people that post on a message board. That hardly constitutes a majority. But that mostly because hyperbole runs rampant here.

Cute and fun? lol then what the heck do ya call Marvels movies? Or past batmans? yikes.

lol, I know, eh?

Everyone at my work that I have talked to loved the hell out of TDKR. No one that I talked to even mentioned TDK in the same breath as TDKR. Actually, only one co-worker of mine, who is a huge film buff/Nolan fan, asked me "so this is the tough question - TDK or TDKR?" I jokingly said "Batman Begins!" Then he's like oh yeah, BB is flawless. Didn't get a chance to further discuss his question though.

Overall, TDKR seems to be getting the same reception as Inception. At least, around my parts.

T-ASM was so good that I even bought it on Blu-Ray yesterday! Great film!

LOL huh? Im on your ignore list because im unreasonable and apparently i believe ur a marvel loon because of ur name...well i didnt even pay attention to ur name or think you were a Marvel supporter. I just think its funny when somebody says TDKR was just cute and fun. Those arent adjectives that i hear when talking about Nolans movies. I find that a little weird and funny. All i said was if a dark movie like Rises is cute (when it deals with emotional and physical pain and some pretty intense beatdowns, etc, plus the other themes its got going) then what are 90 % of other CMB's???

God damn, people need to calm down. It's people like you that ruin the boards because you get so dramatic and ignore ppl and accuse of weird ****.

Good lord almighty.:huh:

The Hype is sometimes like a soap opera :funny: In fact, keeping on-topic, the fandom in general is a soap opera.

T-ASM was so good that I even bought it on Blu-Ray yesterday! Great film!
It looks like rehashed crap to me and that's why I haven't even seen it yet.

I'll see it when my order at the Library comes in but I'm not expecting much.

Back on topic...

I think that normal people enjoyed TDKR's but I don't see any proof that they thought it was as good as TDK. The movie is out and I don't see this huge backlash because the movie wasn't terrible. I thought that the movie was cute and fun but nothing special.

A good way to summarize it. The only "backlash" it got is from the Batman fans.

Back on topic...

It's actually fantastic. Don't wait.

A good way to summarize it. The only "backlash" it got is from the Batman fans.

Imo, It's either fans who never liked Nolan's series from the start or fans that are really hardcore with Nolan's series that didn't find it as enjoyable as the other two or didn't like such an unconventional ending to the trilogy.

Back on topic...

A lot of it felt like Spider-Man 2002, but I believe it to be a perfect setup for a much grander film in the sequel.

Garfield killed it as Spider-Man, same with Emma as Gwen.

It didn't top Spider-Man 2 for me, but TASM was better than both Spider-Man 1 and 3.

I won’t be turning on the Nolan series, just as I didn’t turn on the Burton series. I like those movies, and nothing will change that.

I'll tell you one thing, the last thing a Justice League film would do for me would be to turn on one of the best cinematic experiences in modern storytelling, thats for sure.

Just as long as if they make a JL flick it's not just to upstage the Avengers.

But that's what it seems like. Warner Brothers smelled the money Avengers made and all of a sudden they want to make a JL film, but go backwards and make solo films after only because they see what potential Avengers made with a team of heroes. Will it succeed? Time will tell, but I don't think it will. At least I'm settled with my amazing Dark Knight Trilogy though.

I won’t be turning on the Nolan series, just as I didn’t turn on the Burton series. I like those movies, and nothing will change that.
I'll admit, i sort of turned on the Burton series during this whole Nolan thing. I loved them as a kid, and they looked even more powerful during the Shumacher era. Through the Nolan movies i turned my back on Burtons era, but now i can watch them and appreciate them for what they are again. Even though i still have issues with 89' and Returns'.

The visuals, the designs, the score, is still incredible (Burtons). But the writing is what i'll always have a problem with.

I won't be turning on Nolans either.

It's actually fantastic. Don't wait.
I doubt I'll like it as much as you as I loved the Raimi version and haven't heard great things about it from reviewers and people I trust. So thanks but I'm still going to wait.

But that's what it seems like. Warner Brothers smelled the money Avengers made and all of a sudden they want to make a JL film, but go backwards and make solo films after only because they see what potential Avengers made with a team of heroes. Will it succeed? Time will tell, but I don't think it will. At least I'm settled with my amazing Dark Knight Trilogy though.

That's what I fear. If they do that just to make the bucks and come up with some half assed script then I hope it bombs on 'em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"