The Dark Knight Rises How long did Nolans Batman actually fight crime?(SPOILERS)

Why would you ever go by the idea that Batman was in the BB suit for five years when The Dark Knight obviously contradicts that idea?

2014 DKR
2006 Last confirmed sighting of the Batman after Dent's murder
2005 Batman first appearance, Bruce becomes 30
2004(or early 2005) Bruce Wayne returns to Gotham
1997 Joe Chill's murder, Wayne travels and trains with the League (22 years old)
1985 (Presuming he is 10 by the time his parents are killed)
1975 Wayne is born

Or if you go by the other theory that because TDK and Begins are ~2007-8, then DKR is 2016, and that would mean Bruce was born in 1977.

This is the most logical timeline except for a few alterations:

Bruce Wayne should be eight when his parents died, so that makes it 1983 when Thomas and Martha Wayne are murdered. And also, while TDKR begins in 2014, it's fairly safe to say the ending of TDKR is in 2015 because we need to skip five months(plus another month since the technicians said Bruce fixed the auto pilot six months ago) for when the siege begins, and it should begin around the time football season since there is a football game(September, or perhaps early October).

Last edited:
^^^

Sounds good to me Anno.
I agree it must break into 2015 by the end.
I think, but am not sure, that Dent day (Start of DKR, and end of DK), is in August sometime. I'm pretty sure it is either mentioned/shown somehow in DKR or I read it.
So if we think that the return of Batman is ~ September or maybe shortly after to coincide with when Bane really gets his plans into action August/Sep: Bruce gets his back broken, the Bomb is armed, 5 months later it blows up around February 2015??

I think August, or at least early September sounds about right...five months later is February and then a month later since the technicians said Bruce fixed the auto pilot six months later...TDKR ends in March, either in 2015, or 2017 if you go by the route of TDK being in 2008.

TDK is the summer of 2008. TDKR begins in the summer (August-ish?) of 2016. The end of TDKR battle is in January or February of 2017. Alfred sees Bruce at the end, probably in the spring of that year.

That's if you want to believe TDK is in 2008, which is totally fine and reasonable. I would beg to differ, but I can totally understand why someone would place TDK in 2008, thus TDKR beginning in 2016 and ending in 2017 :up:

^Just wondering, why do you say that TDK was in 2005? Not going to debate you on it but I'm just wondering if there was something I missed.

I put TDK in 2008 based on the security photo that Gordon shows Batman of the Joker when in the vault saying that it was taken on July 18, 2008.

I'm not saying The Dark Knight is set in 2005, I'm saying Batman Begins could very well take place in 2005, the year it was released. In that case, TDK could be in 2006.

The security photo may indeed say 2008, but I never really take any "evidence/security/ID" photo in mind simply because they always do seem to mess up any kind of continuity, whether it be TDK, or Supernatural, Person of Interest, 24, etc.

That's a really good question. I never thought of that.
He was only batmanning for a few years . . . weird

Well they cleaned up the streets pretty good

Its not like Batman was going to go after overdue library books

Well they cleaned up the streets pretty good

Its not like Batman was going to go after overdue library books

batman_librarian.jpg

He used them to crack the case.

he could have only gone out a handful of times for all I care.

In this real-world universe, nobody's ever done anything as crazy as this, and the fact that he's even doing it is the biggest deal in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"