How long will Marvel movies be on Amazon?

Kilk1

Civilian
Reaction score
I've been searching online for the date in which MCU movies will be taken off Amazon due to Disney+, but I couldn't find any info. Everything's about Netflix, not Amazon.

Does anyone know if/when the movies will disappear from Amazon? If so, thanks!

Since you have to buy or rent from Amazon and they are not given away as part of their Amazon Prime fee, free videos I doubt if they disappear. But if they do get withdrawn from the additional fee rental availability Amazon will never announce a date early since they might get a new paying Prime member the day before

Since you have to buy or rent from Amazon and they are not given away as part of their Amazon Prime fee, free videos I doubt if they disappear. But if they do get withdrawn from the additional fee rental availability Amazon will never announce a date early since they might get a new paying Prime member the day before
Maybe. That being said, customers could be upset if they remove them without telling anyone in advance. Do you think it's weird that other than in this thread, the Internet seems silent on the discussion of Amazon's fate with Marvel?

Maybe. That being said, customers could be upset if they remove them without telling anyone in advance. Do you think it's weird that other than in this thread, the Internet seems silent on the discussion of Amazon's fate with Marvel?
If it was part of the subscription with Prime I would worry. But since people have bought, not just rented the stream Amazon can't renege

If it was part of the subscription with Prime I would worry. But since people have bought, not just rented the stream Amazon can't renege
Ah, that might be true! Hopefully, anyway. Do you think after Disney+ arrives, Amazon could stop renting/selling the movies from this point forward but let those who already purchased keep the movies, or do you think that as long as the movies are available on Amazon to those who purchased, it will be available for others to buy/rent?

They'll probably stop streaming with Prime soon. Rental/Purchase meh until we start hearing about how Disney creates their own sales/rental service I wouldn't worry.

TBH though I wouldn't be surprised if they stop sales and push people to Disney+ so they can control content.

They'll probably stop streaming with Prime soon. Rental/Purchase meh until we start hearing about how Disney creates their own sales/rental service I wouldn't worry.

TBH though I wouldn't be surprised if they stop sales and push people to Disney+ so they can control content.
Thanks for the info! I wish Disney or Amazon themselves would let us officially know.

Sure about that? If you didn't buy a hard copy, you didn't "buy" anything and are beholden to whatever Amazon wants to do.

Sure about that? If you didn't buy a hard copy, you didn't "buy" anything and are beholden to whatever Amazon wants to do.
Hello! Have you seen anything on the Internet about this? I've been unable to find one single source that says Amazon will take them off or will not take them off.

Sure, no but I don't see how Amazon can sell something, not just rent it and then renege on their customers.

Hello! Have you seen anything on the Internet about this? I've been unable to find one single source that says Amazon will take them off or will not take them off.

Sure, no but I don't see how Amazon can sell something, not just rent it and then renege on their customers.

I have never heard about Marvel or Amazon specifically, but general info of this topic is pretty widely available.

What you are "buying" with on-demand services is the ability to stream a certain content as long as it is available to that service. If a studio or distributor such as Disney wants to revoke the streaming rights to a service such as Amazon they are within their legal rights to do so.

Were a content provider pull their content, the only legal recourse for the end consumer would be a class-action suit against the streaming service (Amazon) on false advertising grounds. They have convinced people they are "buying" content, when in fact, the consumer is "leasing" the streaming rights. Leasing is almost always a suckers bet.

If you buy something, you own it. How do you know you own something? You are able to sell it. The end-consumer can sell a blu-ray disc, but cannot sell a digital stream right (at least not directly).

This may be a ridiculous question but will there come a point when large scale brick and mortar stores like Target, Walmart, or Sam's Club be unable to sell content of certain studios?

Last edited:
I have never heard about Marvel or Amazon specifically, but general info of this topic is pretty widely available.

What you are "buying" with on-demand services is the ability to stream a certain content as long as it is available to that service. If a studio or distributor such as Disney wants to revoke the streaming rights to a service such as Amazon they are within their legal rights to do so.

Were a content provider pull their content, the only legal recourse for the end consumer would be a class-action suit against the streaming service (Amazon) on false advertising grounds. They have convinced people they are "buying" content, when in fact, the consumer is "leasing" the streaming rights. Leasing is almost always a suckers bet.

If you buy something, you own it. How do you know you own something? You are able to sell it. The end-consumer can sell a blu-ray disc, but cannot sell a digital stream right (at least not directly).
Companies like Amazon and Disney that are falling over themselves to get everyone in the world to sign up to to their streaming services for life wouldn’t really do well to do things like that. Who is going to stay with a service after they lose content they’ve paid for, regardless of whether the company is legally entitled to pull that content (not including when they have no choice over the matter, which might be the case here). I think that would be a bigger motivation for three companies to play fair than the threat of a class action lawsuit that they could afford to pay out on if needed anyway.

As of today, The Avengers is available for streaming on Amazon Prime Video. The film joins CA:TFA, IM 2 and Thor on the service. It seems odd that Prime is adding Marvel Studios flicks after the Disney Plus launch, but the deal may have been signed a while ago and just involve the original Paramount releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"