How Low Can Wii Go?

Better come packaged with Wii Sports, too :cmad:

That's a pretty erotic name...Wii sports...

Probably not, but it won't be $250 either, which is very awesome. $199 probably. Much cheaper than that other pile of junk that they want $600 for :down :o

Manny Calavera said:
Probably not, but it won't be $250 either, which is very awesome. $199 probably. Much cheaper than that other pile of junk that they want $600 for :down :o

Darn tootin':up:

I think it will be $200. I wouldn't mind a $230 'premium' version that has an extra controller and a code for 1 free game download off the VC.

Spidey-Bat said:
I think it will be $200. I wouldn't mind a $230 'premium' version that has an extra controller and a code for 1 free game download off the VC.

200 for normal

230 for extra controller,Light gun attachment,VC controller,1 free VC download,and Wii-Sports.

The ultimate Wii starter kit.:up:

Damn, that's a good price. Makes me happy that I'm going with the Wii instead of the Playstation 3 at launch.

Spidey-Bat said:
All of that is worth more than $30.

I'd be willing to pay a little more than that for the ultimate set.:O

hippie_hunter said:
Damn, that's a good price. Makes me happy that I'm going with the Wii instead of the Playstation 3 at launch.
Same here. :up:

I've heard stuff about Wii sports being in a bundle before, did Nintendo say something about this that I missed?

Wii for £90?
Wednesday 16-Aug-2006 11:55 AM Financial reports suggest that Nintendo's upcoming console could be the cheapest Wii you ever had

Nintendo's Wii could be nestling under your telly for a lot cheaper than you think, according to a financial report from the Tokyo-based Nikko Citigroup.

In-between the financial jargon, the financial institution forecasts that the Wii could carry a Japanese price tag of 19,500 yen, down from original estimates of 25,000 Yen, because of cheaper CPU costs, which, through current exchange rates roughly translates to around £90.

But before you start doing Mario cartwheels on your computer desk, keep in mind that console prices rarely ever convert according to exchange rates, and we can probably take this report to indicate a more likely price-point around £130.

Nikko Citigroup's previous forecast for the Wii was 25,000 yen (about £114), but the firm lowered its price estimate based on its expectation that Nintendo will be able to produce the console's CPU for lower than expected.

Up to now the official word from Nintendo has been that the Wii will retail for under 25,000 yen in Japan and under $250 in the US. While we don't expect the console to debut at the sub-£100 price-point this report suggests, the surprisingly-low £130 introductory price of Nintendo's Gamecube has us hopeful that the company will still surprise us with a really competitive entry into the market. It could even creep up towards the £150 mark and still be damn good value.

We'll be looking out for good news at Nintendo's Leipzig press conference next Wednesday. Keep it tuned as CVG will be there to bring you the very latest.

Can somebody translate Euros into dollars? That article sounds interesting, but I have no idea what most of that means.

Future Prez said:
Can somebody translate Euros into dollars? That article sounds interesting, but I have no idea what most of that means.

£90=$170(US)=$190(CAD)=$221(AUD)=Y19,676.95

I think a lot of the cost is going to be in their controller. I can't see them going sub 180 dollars. It's important that they have wiggle room with the price to help spur sales when they need it + plus the perception of value with price.

Hmmmm... Insiders have been saying fro sometime now that Nintendo can undercut the $250 and still make a profit from hardware... I just figured it was the usual smoke... Looks like it could be true.

This is awesome. Now for the price I was expecting pay for the Wii and two games, I'll be able to get 2 and an extra Wiimote.
EDIT: Do you guys think that Wiimotes will be sold with the nunchuckes, or that they'll be seperate?

Future Prez said:
This is awesome. Now for the price I was expecting pay for the Wii and two games, I'll be able to get 2 and an extra Wiimote.
EDIT: Do you guys think that Wiimotes will be sold with the nunchuckes, or that they'll be seperate?

Probably seperate but you will be able to buy them together.

Didn't they say sometime back that at least one nunchuck with be included? Then again, I also heard that they'd have two wiimotes in the launch package. I doubt that heavily now with a low pricetag.

Anyway, we should be hearing something pretty soon... tommorow, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"