How many of you want to see a Hawkeye film?

Hawkeye

Civilian
Reaction score
I finally figured out how to make a poll, so here's my first one! Now, alot of us know that Avi Arad comfirmed a Hawkeye film would be around the corner along with some of Marvel's other big projects. And it would basically revolve around one man who thinks he can protect the world with just a bow and arrow at hand. So my question is, how many of you would pay to see it?

:)

Never, I prefer Green Arrow

Morg said:
Never, I prefer Green Arrow

I agree, GA is a sweet hero. I'm a huge Hawkeye fan, so this film would mean alot to me. But if both films for both archers were made, it'd be cool don't you think?

BTW, who would you cast as Hawkeye? :)

Hawkeye said:
I finally figured out how to make a poll, so here's my first one! Now, alot of us know that Avi Arad comfirmed a Hawkeye film would be around the corner along with some of Marvel's other big projects. And it would basically revolve around one man who thinks he can protect the world with just a bow and arrow at hand. So my question is, how many of you would pay to see it?

:)

If it were good I would pay to see it, sure. I'm a little interested in the character and hey, a good movie's a good movie.

dont know to much about hawkeye but if handled right it could be cool, i'll see it thats for sure :)

I think it could be cool. It's the kind of movie that wouldn't/couldn't rely much on special effects, so it would require a great script and director even moreso than the Blockbuster movies. I don't know much about the character except that he wears a nerdy looking costume. Hopefully they'd plan on changing his look a little bit.

I remember a few years ago there was a great movie made about a Russian sniper. I'd definately be into something with a real stealth/sniper vibe to it.

adamcz said:
I think it could be cool. It's the kind of movie that wouldn't/couldn't rely much on special effects, so it would require a great script and director even moreso than the Blockbuster movies. I don't know much about the character except that he wears a nerdy looking costume. Hopefully they'd plan on changing his look a little bit.

I remember a few years ago there was a great movie made about a Russian sniper. I'd definately be into something with a real stealth/sniper vibe to it.

I want his suit to be something like this, with a bit of a tweek to it. :up:

hawkeye.jpg

I also agree with your post, adamcz. This film is taken with a serious direction could be so awesome!! I imagine alot of action sequences with the bow and arrows, like Hawkeye jumping in the air and letting one fly out of his hand which lands inside the hole of a thugs gun. Or him fighting with three or more arrows at hand, and it actually shows them going for the target they're directed at. I also liked that bit of the sniper part you mentioned, it'd be a great connection for this film IMO. It could show just how good Hawkeye is at what he does.

I think we agree on everything except for the uniform. I'd rather he not have a uniform at all I think. What would be his motivation for going with purple spandex to fight crime in the year 2008? I ask this not knowing anything about the origins of the character.

adamcz said:
I think we agree on everything except for the uniform. I'd rather he not have a uniform at all I think. What would be his motivation for going with purple spandex to fight crime in the year 2008? I ask this not knowing anything about the origins of the character.

Well, ok. How about his Ultimate uniform? I think it would add to that sniper look you were talking about, which I think would be great.

Ultimates9.jpg

Also, if you want to know alot more about who Hawkeye is. You might want to check this out, man. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawkeye_%28comics%29

sure, why not make a hawkeye film. but screw the ultimate version. old school.

I'd rather see Green Arrow than Hawkeye, But Hawkeye is cool too.

I do not want to see a Hawkeye movie. I'd prefer one with Green Arrow.

No doubt I'd see it but of all the movies on Marvel's list, Hawkeye is easily the weakest entry story-wise. Hawkeye might be better served as a supporting character for one of the other movie projects.

Philly Phanboy said:
No doubt I'd see it but of all the movies on Marvel's list, Hawkeye is easily the weakest entry story-wise. Hawkeye might be better served as a supporting character for one of the other movie projects.

Probably they'll use him in the Avengers movie, but I think if the script was taken seriously by someone who understands the character than it could truly be a great film.

Hawkeye can be a great movie, if you make in the lines of The Bourne Identity.

Think about it.
Clinton "Clint" Francis Barton was a criminal, a very skilled thief, that, after being defeated by Iron Man, turned into heroism.
In the Ultimate Universe, Clint Barton is a black ops operative of the Ultimates.
Why don´t combine both?
Start off with the criminal angle, a master thief, a mercenary to the higher bidder, but with a heart of gold, that carefully plans his missions and chooses his employers.
That gives a reason for Clint to have the codename, to dress up, and to choose the bow and arrow as weapons.
And, with the all criminal angle, it makes sense to keep his flamboyant and "not play by the rules" personality
Then, turn his world upside down...

Isildur´s Heir said:

Think about it.
Clinton "Clint" Francis Barton was a criminal, a very skilled thief, that, after being defeated by Iron Man, turned into heroism.
In the Ultimate Universe, Clint Barton is a black ops operative of the Ultimates.
Why don´t combine both?
Start off with the criminal angle, a master thief, a mercenary to the higher bidder, but with a heart of gold, that carefully plans his missions and chooses his employers.
That gives a reason for Clint to have the codename, to dress up, and to choose the bow and arrow as weapons.
And, with the all criminal angle, it makes sense to keep his flamboyant and "not play by the rules" personality
this sounds good

Isildur´s Heir said:

Think about it.
Why don´t combine both?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS POST, man.
icon10.gif
:up:

Very well thought out, this is how a Hawkeye film should be dammit. I would so love to see them base it on something like this, it could work.

I'd cast James Marsters:

JamesMarsters.jpg

As Spike, he oozed the whole "devil may care, doesn't play by the rules aditude." Of course, he was also a bit crazy and overly violent, but then the character's based on Sid Viscious, so what do you expect? James is a great actor. He could pull of Clint.

Hawkeye is not a character you waste a solo movie on.

Now, I don't see why not. He's got a good deal of potential.

I'd rather see him in an Avengers movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"