How many people hope that Topher is NOT Venom?

People dont like him b/c hes not some roid induced meat head, as seen throughout the comics, and thats about all they have to base their judgement on, being as they havent even seen him in the role yet.

ProjectPat2280 said:
People dont like him b/c hes not some roid induced meat head, as seen throughout the comics, and thats about all they have to base their judgement on, being as they havent even seen him in the role yet.

So lemme get this straight, just cause a person is bulked up means they're stupid, as in meathead? So lemme get this straight, it's crap to have someone a a bit bigger then Tobey is probarbly unrealistic and stupid right? Gee, they got Norman and Otto dead on, hell even good ol Flint is dead on. As well as Harry, but no, let's cast nacho chip-thin gopher as Eddie Brock? Nobody has ever said that Brock has to be a gigantic man with muscles bigger then the hulk, no, nobody wants that. No were getting wafer thin VINO. But hey, the Venom fans as you call us, are concerned about their favorite villain.

I'm thrilled that Venom is finally going to appear, but im not so thrilled that VINO is going to take his place. Brock has always been an intimidating man, but nope, if were to say that, we'd be wrong. No we're not allowed to defend a character that we are fans of, nope. I suppose we're all ****ing idiots then, right?

Topher isn't going to play Venom. He might play Eddie Brock, but Venom will either be CGI or a stuntman. So the real question should be can you see him as Brock? It might seem like semantics, but while I could never envision TG portraying Venom, it is conceivable(though not preferrable) to see him portray Brock.

venom4life said:
Brock has always been an intimidating man

Not ALWAYS. But let's not get back into the comic versions argument again.:)

Pagrebo said:
Not ALWAYS. But let's not get back into the comic versions argument again.:)

Okay like once in the 616 in a "little" tale, and in the Ultimate line, but for the most part, he's been bit bigger then a broom stick.

venom4life said:
Okay like once in the 616 in a "little" tale, and in the Ultimate line, but for the most part, he's been bit bigger then a broom stick.

Agreed, and I'll be EXTREMELY disappointed if TG is a broomstick for this movie. With all the talk of his working out, and the public complaining he's done about it, I expect to see some results.

And just as a point of reference on his workouts. When I was younger, I had the same frame and body type as TG. In one summer I went from 160 to 207 lbs, and I didn't have professional trainers advising me. So a lot of growth can happen.

ProjectPat2280 said:

Those right there be fightin' words.

Stop putting words in our mouths, and stop acting like you know what's going on in our heads better than we do.

You haven't even seen him in the role either, yet you laud him with praise just because he's the exact opposite what Brock ought to be. BRILLIANT! [goes off to borrow Oscar's 'barf' .gif]

*edit* Here it is:

36_20_7.gif

Perfect.

Pagrebo said:
Agreed, and I'll be EXTREMELY disappointed if TG is a broomstick for this movie. With all the talk of his working out, and the public complaining he's done about it, I expect to see some results.

And just as a point of reference on his workouts. When I was younger, I had the same frame and body type as TG. In one summer I went from 160 to 207 lbs, and I didn't have professional trainers advising me. So a lot of growth can happen.

I expect to see some results to, he'd better have bulked up and turn that bulk into muscle. Now don't get me wrong, I don't mean exaggerated muscles, but something to show that's he not's incredibly thin. I'm sure he can do it, alot of people can. And well, it's 2006, and summer 2007 is still quite awhile away. It's in my greatest hopes he will impress us. But i'm not going to hold my breath, I still have doubt. And there are a million better choices, then Topher Grace. If anyone wants my opinions, then search my OFFICIAL VENOM DISCUSSION THREAD, because i've stated my opinions, beliefs and everything a million times in there.

Pagrebo said:
So a lot of growth can happen.

SO WHERE THE **** IS IT? I think that's a fair question. Post proof Grace is now some hulking giant! Let's see it!

He ain't done ****, and you know it! This is ridiculous!

And I don't want to hear about MacGuire, either! Apples and oranges - Spidey was never anywhere near the size Brock is to begin with, so no one ever expected him to turn into the Hulk!

Symbiotica said:
SO WHERE THE **** IS IT? I think that's a fair question. Post proof Grace is now some hulking giant! Let's see it!

And I don't want to hear about MacGuire, either! Apples and oranges - Spidey was never anywhere near the size Brock is to begin with, so no one ever expected him to turn into the Hulk!

I agree Sym, all of these "recent" pics havent really showed any progress. Remember that pic with him and his beard and white suit, holding that lady by her legs. Or any of these other "recent" pictures. Somehow they're convinced that's Brock, somehow I think they need some serious reality checks. But dont take my word for it, they'll just cast me off as a ****tard, but what do I care.

Symbiotica said:

You don't wait til December 25th to open your Christmas presents, do you?:) While I would love more pics and info, Sony doesn't have a requirement to do so. Now the lack of TG pics could be because fans will be disappointed, or it could also be because they're going to spring a really big(good) surprise on us all. We all have to wait and see... and hope.

I know no such thing, and neither do you. The only thing ridiculous might be your potty mouth.:p

He better NOT be comparable to Tobey. I've already said that I expect results from TG's workout regimen.

Pagrebo said:
You don't wait til December 25th to open your Christmas presents, do you?:) While I would love more pics and info, Sony doesn't have a requirement to do so. Now the lack of TG pics could be because fans will be disappointed, or it could also be because they're going to spring a really big(good) surprise on us all. We all have to wait and see... and hope.

Sony?! Who the eff said anything about SONY?! They are the only source of Topher Grace images?! I DONT THINK SO. Go to www. wireimage.com and type in "Topher Grace". He was looking pretty damn skinny as of about January 16 - a scant two months ago! Everyone here acts like adding 100 lb. of mass is no big deal, like its something you can do in a week. This directly contradicts all bodybuilding theory! Just ask any of those guys how long it took -them- to bulk up.

You people thinking he's suddenly going to show up as this hulking monstrosity have got big surprises in store - and not pleasant ones, either. Open your eyes! Open 'em, and behold +/- Spider-Man. Lucky you.

Shoulda had Vin Diesel as Eddie Brock...

*Raises Hand*

No offense to Topher but I'm strongly against him being Venom

Symbiotica said:
Sony?! Who the eff said anything about SONY?! They are the only source of Topher Grace images?! I DONT THINK SO. Go to www. wireimage.com and type in "Topher Grace". He was looking pretty damn skinny as of about January 16 - a scant two months ago! Everyone here acts like adding 100 lb. of mass is no big deal, like its something you can do in a week. This directly contradicts all bodybuilding theory! Just ask any of those guys how long it took -them- to bulk up.

You people thinking he's suddenly going to show up as this hulking monstrosity have got big surprises in store - and not pleasant ones, either. Open your eyes! Open 'em, and behold +/- Spider-Man. Lucky you.

Took your advice, went to the site. Honestly didn't see anything that told me one way or another, based on the fact that he's wearing a suit. Did he look hulking? No. Did he look bigger than Eric Foreman? At least a good 20 pounds or so. As for bodybuilding theories, he could easily be 20-30 pounds heavier since those photos in January. It just depends on his genetic make-up(you should know that). I do agree with you that, regardless of how big he gets, TG is not going to have the look(facially) that intimidates people. You're right, we almost certainly will see Brock as the anti-Peter. But if TG can look physically solid(not like a broomstick), the CGI or stuntman that actually fills the role of Venom will be able to add a bit more bulk to the character without destroying plausibility.

Finally, my eyes and the eyes of a lot of others ARE open. WIDE OPEN to all possibilities. I don't agree with the people who just blindly say TG is perfect, but I also don't agree with your assessment that TG just cannot pull it off. Both groups in that scenario are turning a blind eye to the possibilities... the unknown.:)

If he is Brock, He got the role for a reason and I trust Raimi, so if he can play the part, then sure i'm fine with him playing Brock even if he does'nt look much like him.

Silver Sable said:
*Raises Hand*

No offense to Topher but I'm strongly against him being Venom

SS, the day you have to raise your hand around here is the day the Hype closes down. You've earned the right and the respect to speak your mind.:)

Hey I don't want the Hype to close.Your making me sad now :(

I'm against Topher being Venom for two reasons:

1. He doesn't look the part.
Even IF he does beat the odds, and bulks up convincingly, can anyone seriously argue that he's a better choice than another actor who's already bigger and looks more like Brock?

2. I don't want Venom to be rushed.
Venom has a backstory that requires time to pull off. Peter has to put on the suit, piss off Eddie Brock, and get rid of the costume, which then bonds with Brock. And that's just to get to the point where the villain is created. He'll still need to confront Spidey and battle him several times. Venom really should get his own movie, and the symbiotes (if they choose to do more of them) should be their own trilogy.

I'm aware of the "black costume" picture that was released. I think it looks stupid, and too much like the regular Spidey costume except spray painted black, but that's another rant for another time. So now they're going to use SM3 to build up Venom? That's still not a good thing to me, since SM3 should be HARRY'S show. The previous two films were spent building up his turn to evil, and it would be stupid fom a dramatic standpoint for Harry's threat to be diluted with Peter worrying about his symbiote costume.

If Raimi, Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, etc. are only signed for 3 films, then I think they should just wrap up THIS trilogy's plot lines. When SM3 ends, I want a sense of closure, with the door open for other actors/directors to take over the franchise and do their own stories later.

Or he could easily be spiderman, Pagrbeo. And that's why he's great because he's like spidey's evil reflection instead of another flash tompson.

I hope he's really more pure evil ******* than conflicted villian in this one though. I'm kinda bored with those types that aren't fully bad.

Symbiotica said:
My god.... looking at the results so far, I'm thinking if Bobby Lee from MAD TV had been cast as Venom, it would have been okay with most people here.

ROTFL! [in the most scornful way possible.....]
or wose
REESE WITHERSPOON as old drool mouth

My biggest reasons against Venom in this movie are simple...Bane was introduced in Batman & Robin , and Lady Deathstrike was added to X2 to make fans happy. Look at the crappy representations THEY got because of it.

Bane was the ultimate enemy for Batman. (Not the Arch enemy - that's Joker.) He even took Bruce wayne out of the superhero business for quite a while when he BROKE HIS FREAKING BACK and left him crippled. Only through storytelling magic, and Bruce Wayne's fortune did he get the surgery and rehab he needed to return to being the Bat. In B&R Bayne was an inarticulate goon who's only major contribution was making a few holes in the wall and pushing a cart down the hall with Freeze's stuff on it.

Lady Deathstrike was a MAJOR foe for Wolverine due to the fact that her father invented the process that bonded the admantium to his bones but that secret was stolen from him. She wanted to kill wolverine and take his skeleton so she could use it to restore her family's honor. She began as a samurai, and later allowed herself to be made into a cyborg in order to better stand against Logan. In X2 we got a shallow representation that was nothing more than a wolverine clone and her only motivation was she worked for the bad guy (who I never heard of in decades of Xmen comics BTW)

If Venom is done in this movie, we can expect more of he same, and that will be a real shame. He has too much back story to waste in that way.

I don´t want Topher to be Venom because I simply don´t want Venom in this movie. The symbionts are lame, unrealistic, two-dimensional villains and I´m just not interested to see them on screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"