How many people hope that Topher is NOT Venom?

I will accept Topher as Eddie if he is a cliff hanger at the end of SM3. Eddie Brock in his early reporting years had a physique much like that of Topher. He had light brown/blonde hair and was tall and thin. However, once his hate for Spider-Man came about, he began lifting weights and buffed up. If they show him begin to hate Spidey towards the middle/end and have him buffed up and bigger for SM4, then Venom could deffinately work.

i actually want him to play venom because this is going to be a great role for him, to make a contrast form a peter-type-body into some ginormous ***** up

chaseter said:
I will accept Topher as Eddie if he is a cliff hanger at the end of SM3. Eddie Brock in his early reporting years had a physique much like that of Topher. He had light brown/blonde hair and was tall and thin. However, once his hate for Spider-Man came about, he began lifting weights and buffed up. If they show him begin to hate Spidey towards the middle/end and have him buffed up and bigger for SM4, then Venom could deffinately work.

took the words right from my mouth

webhead731 said:
I have a question.

Why does almost everybody think that Topher is the worst and most terrible choice there is for Venom? I mean what's so bad about him?
He looks like a good Eddie Brock.

Nahhh...he looks more like Marcia Brady than Eddie Brock.....I just don't want him because I'm absolutely indifferent to the Venom/Symbiote story ......SM3 Should be, as Slag would say, Brother VS Brother....keep this other stuff for further sequels....I'll likely be dead by then anyway :)

Hell No! Don't make that little bastard Venom. :mad::up:

NOTE: 23-39 in favour of Topher being Venom! WTF!!! Are you people THAT desperate to see Venom on the bloody big screen? Grrr! :mad:

Venom_uk said:
Hell No! Don't make that little bastard Venom. :mad::up:

NOTE: 23-39 in favour of Topher being Venom! WTF!!! Are you people THAT desperate to see Venom on the bloody big screen? Grrr! :mad:

Have you missed the last three months of discussion on the board regarding Venom? The threads have been full of posts gushing over Topher and what a great Venom he will make and basicilly ignoring that he looks nothing like Eddie.

Frankly I´m surprised that there are 23 people on the board that are sane and actually read Spider-Man comics.

you cant judge him by previous performances because he hasnt had many. plus look a ashton kutcher in Butterfly Affect he was good for a serious role, so maybe Topher will as well. (please dont start sayin Butterfly Affect was a bad movie cuz its just an example and its off topic)

InSaNe M!K3 said:
you cant judge him by previous performances because he hasnt had many. plus look a ashton kutcher in Butterfly Affect he was good for a serious role, so maybe Topher will as well. (please dont start sayin Butterfly Affect was a bad movie cuz its just an example and its off topic)

So what you´re saying is that I can´t call your example a bad example because that would be off topic but you can use it as an example that is on topic? Why did you bring up an example that nobody can argue with without going offtopic, wouldn´t that make your post offtopic as well?

Well, that was fun.

Topher was born to play Venom..........at least that's what the press will say if he's any good. How come when an actor is really good (which let's face it they get paid enough to put on a good act) they're suddenly 'born to play the role'. Like Molina 'was' Doc Ock and Dafoe 'was' Norman Osborn.

Maybe Topher will 'be' Eddie brock and surprise us all. It's probably better for Topher to be the unknown actor who comes across fantastic than put Vin Diesel in the part and him suck bigtime.:)

Just thought I'd say.........................tha's all.

el brujo138 said:
Have you missed the last three months of discussion on the board regarding Venom? The threads have been full of posts gushing over Topher and what a great Venom he will make and basicilly ignoring that he looks nothing like Eddie.

Frankly I´m surprised that there are 23 people on the board that are sane and actually read Spider-Man comics.
Actually, yes I have. I try to stay well clear of this place for this very reason.
Although I must admit, I really shouldn't be that surprised that so many people have such a woody for Topher being Eddie/Venom.

Venom_uk said:
Actually, yes I have. I try to stay well clear of this place for this very reason.
Although I must admit, I really shouldn't be that surprised that so many people have such a woody for Topher being Eddie/Venom.

I´m curious why are you not surprised about the Topher love? I find it quite shocking that people not only defend crap like that but actually gush over it.

el brujo138 said:
I´m curious why are you not surprised about the Topher love? I find it quite shocking that people not only defend crap like that but actually gush over it.
Honestly, I don't know why so many people "gush" all over the idea of Topher playing Eddie...it just doesn't surprise me anymore. Chalk it up as one of lifes great mysterys I guess.
Also, I think trying to work out the reason why would give me one right bastard of a headache & I don't really fancy one of them right now...

el brujo138 said:

Brujo, it pains me to admit that you are absolutely right.

Its enough to make you long for the days of the last movie's Spoiler forum: we had MST3K PIMP in here holding forth about Dr. Octopus' tentacles, and we had JC/DC in here holding forth about "Superman rip-offs" - and we had no idea how lucky we were to get trolls who could actually make a point, even if it was often a stupid point. At least they had a line of reasoning behind what they were saying!

Do we get that lucky now? Not hardly.

"I know it'll be great because I trust Sam! WHOOO TOPHER and next time I hope we get Ashton Kutcher as Carnage, that will totally ROCK!" Whatta line of reasoning - hey, I'm convinced.

Someone please just throw me off a bridge already.

I really don't care who plays who anymore. All this crap with the casting is getting annoying. I'll reserve my judgement until I see the damn film.

I don't see why he shouldn't be venom/ eddie. The only complaints i see here is he's not big enough he needs to buffing up etc. well the movie isn't out for alittle more than a year i think he hsa time to workout... the other complaint is that hes a dorky little geek from that 70's show well just to remind some people that he is an actor.. he can be a joke if he wants and be serious if he wants.. I still remember the days where people were laughing at the fact tobey mcguire was peter parker and he actually turned out to be good for his role. So if topher is set to be eddie(still unsure) just let him have it and stop complaining.

Eric Foreman may have been a dorky kid in That's 70 show, but he was the one with the hot girlfriend. You got to give him props for that.

I know. As sure as I am that this burger is delicious, I'm sure topher can pull off a convincing Venom/brock.

I would like to see him as venom just to see how he does it. it is unexpected, but in x-men 3, kelsey grammer(spelling?) is the beast! Frasier is a big, blue, furry mutant! I think he can pull it off.

topherrules0jc.gif

Boom said:
I enjoyed Grace's performance best in the movie In Good Company.

The only problem is that role wasn't a thing like Brock. I don't know if Grace could pull it off or not. I've never seen him play a part that was even remotely similar to Eddie.

So I don't know. Put me on the fence.

I liked in good company as well-- he seems too nice to be eddie brock though.

I really don't know. I have not seen his audition, so I can't say if he would be able to pull of the role. But going on appearances in his previous works... no.

I hope topher isn't venom just because I don't want to see venom yet. I like topher grace, hes a good actor -to a certain extent- and I wouldnt have a problem with seeing him as venom...later but not yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"