How many people hope that Topher is NOT Venom?

TheFuture said:
The man could hit the ground crashing and burning before the film even comes out. Say if every fan was like Symbotica(I'm not attacking Sym), the theaters would be empty due to anger of Tophers casting.

:D:D:D

Now THAT'S Fantasy Land.

There are gonna be some upset people (we know that), but to even think that that percentage that are unhappy will simply boycott the movie? Don't think so. It's Spider-Man 3. They'll be there.

TheFuture said:
The man could hit the ground crashing and burning before the film even comes out. Say if every fan was like Symbotica(I'm not attacking Sym), the theaters would be empty due to anger of Tophers casting. That's a bombed film and a ruined career for Grace. Somehow one paycheck wouln't console me.
Considering that not every fan is like Symbiotica, that scenario is remotely plausible.

Boom said:
Considering that not every fan is like Symbiotica, that scenario is remotely plausible.

Who on earth said they were? Certainly not me.

cmill said:
There are gonna be some upset people (we know that), but to even think that that percentage that are unhappy will simply boycott the movie? Don't think so. It's Spider-Man 3. They'll be there.

See, this is what I object to: you people declaring what the disgruntled will do, as if you owned working crystal balls, or had the power to make earth-wide pronouncements that everyone is obliged to follow out of fear of death.

We saw the same exact prophecy made multiple times in the Catwoman forum; needless to say it was shown to be the complete fallacy that it really is. Your saying it does not make it true. Welcome to Reality.

It would only upset what the sudios dub "fanboys".Do you really think no one would be interested in seeing the film just because Brock isnt some muscular jock?

Symbiotica said:
We saw the same exact prophecy made multiple times in the Catwoman forum; needless to say it was shown to be the complete fallacy that it really is. Your saying it does not make it true. Welcome to Reality.

Thats not a fair comparison.

I cannot speak for everyone, I can only speak for me.

But judging from the reaction in this forum, one of me is more than enough. I disagree with an element of what's going on, and therefore I am The Devil.

Cool. I enjoy being the bad guy. :up:

"Not a fair comparison"? Bah. CW: angry fanpeople.

Kinder, gentler Brock: angry fanpeople, aka Satan and his minions. [HOW DARE THEY DISAGREE!]

I fail to see how just because this is Spider-Man, disgruntled fans will be willing to just put this behind them and merrily trek off to the theatre, but you know, whatever floats your boat.

Sincerely:
the Devil.

Symbiotica said:

And what exactly were those prophets prophecizing? That people would go see Catwoman by name alone, no matter if Halle looked like a floozy heroine, the previews looked awful, and the early buzz was horrible? Comparing THOSE "prophecies" to the "prophecies" that some of us are "prophecizing" (that certain people will see SM3 even if they are highly disappointed in Topher's casting as the supporting character of Eddie Brock) is quite ludicrous. You can't tell me with a straight face that there are people who won't see it because of Topher. And even if someone showed up in this forum and made that claim, I bet you'd find their butt in a theatre seat come May of next year. It's f***in' Spider-Man 3. Please.

Am I "ecstatic" that Topher was cast as Brock (if that is the case)? F*** no. If I was making an SM film with the Eddie Brock I remember, I'd be casting Matt Dillon.

Am I going to have an open mind about it? Absolutely. I can clearly see what Raimi is doing (parallel Peter), and I'm willing to give his vision a chance. His vision in that one piece of casting isn't going to keep me from seeing a film I am anxiously waiting for.

i was on the fence...then i said no...but now i say yes....i want a big buff brock and all...but now i want a spider-man sized person and when he gets his alien symbiote he gets taller and stronger...idk tho

cmill216 said:
You can't tell me with a straight face that there are people who won't see it because of Topher.

Actually, I can: there's more of them than you might think. Symbiote fans are a pretty tightly-knit bunch, and we do a lot of talking in private/away from this site, therefore I speak from an informed perspective. I know what people are saying and thinking, that they're not willing to say in public for fear of being the "bad guy." I don't have that fear, and so I am evidently voted Hype Demon. It's all good. :)

And even if someone showed up in this forum and made that claim, I bet you'd find their butt in a theatre seat come May of next year. It's f***in' Spider-Man 3. Please.

I cannot TELL you how many times I heard that exact same thing from A1ant and a few others in the CW forum back in the day. Dozens of times. Maybe hundreds. Not one of the "haturz" in the CW forum was in the theatre, I can assure you.

Am I going to have an open mind about it? Absolutely. I can clearly see what Raimi is doing (parallel Peter), and I'm willing to give his vision a chance. His vision in that one piece of casting isn't going to keep me from seeing a film I am anxiously waiting for.

Great. Good for you.

Am I bound by law to do the same thing? No. Is anyone else? No. What you want to believe and what will really end up happening are not two sides of the same coin. Do what you want. What you want is not influencing my opinion... OMG! I must be one of those horrible "closed-minded" people! Nooooooooooo! Anything but that!

:rolleyes:

I don't think anyone cares enough to demonize you.It seems silly at best,but whatever.

I think I am one of the biggest Venom fans around. Heck I love all incarnations of him! Now that's dedication.

And while I will most likely still see SM3, I can safely say that I will hate it, if Raimi butchers Venom.

Venom is not one of Marvel's most popular characters for nothing...and I'm afraid Raimi will strip him of anything that makes him that great. Eddie Brock is supposed to be huge. I'm not asking for a giant, someone taller then Tobey is fine. Heck, RC Everbeck isn't even 6 but he'd make a great Brock! I just wanted a muscular Brock...like the real one you know!

If Topher really had a bigger shape, I wouldn't complain....but he still looks like a stick.

Symbiotica said:
I cannot speak for everyone, I can only speak for me.

But judging from the reaction in this forum, one of me is more than enough. I disagree with an element of what's going on, and therefore I am The Devil.

Cool. I enjoy being the bad guy. :up:

"Not a fair comparison"? Bah. CW: angry fanpeople.

Kinder, gentler Brock: angry fanpeople, aka Satan and his minions. [HOW DARE THEY DISAGREE!]

I fail to see how just because this is Spider-Man, disgruntled fans will be willing to just put this behind them and merrily trek off to the theatre, but you know, whatever floats your boat.

Sincerely:
the Devil.
People don't like you because you're extremely stuck up, and overly negative.

I'm not criticizing...just informing. :)

themoreyouknow47491466ya.jpg

CConn said:

themoreyouknow47491466ya.jpg
But isn't she telling the truth?

Symbiotica said:
Actually, I can: there's more of them than you might think. Symbiote fans are a pretty tightly-knit bunch, and we do a lot of talking in private/away from this site, therefore I speak from an informed perspective. I know what people are saying and thinking, that they're not willing to say in public for fear of being the "bad guy."

:D You're not giving your symbiote brothers and sisters a good name right now, you know. The way you are describing them makes them sound like a bunch of cowardly, "I don't want to come out of my alien closet" people. It's all good, though. :D

I cannot TELL you how many times I heard that exact same thing from A1ant and a few others in the CW forum back in the day. Dozens of times. Maybe hundreds. Not one of the "haturz" in the CW forum was in the theatre, I can assure you.

And I don't blame them for not sitting through that mess of a motion picture. But Catwoman was an overall piece of garbage, and we could tell that from the teaser posters, Sym. Until we start seeing teasers and ACTUAL news coming from this film, I personally don't think it is the time to be comparing CW, the haturz, and the prophets yet. But you're entitled to whatever you want to compare this to. Duh.

Great. Good for you.

Am I bound by law to do the same thing? No. Is anyone else? No. What you want to believe and what will really end up happening are not two sides of the same coin. Do what you want. What you want is not influencing my opinion... OMG! I must be one of those horrible "closed-minded" people! Nooooooooooo! Anything but that!

:rolleyes:

I must have missed the part where I tied you down to a bed and forced my "belief system" down your throat, Sym. (And, no, there were no allusions to rape in that statement).

Satan (as you are now calling yourself), you can do whatever you want to do. Can I strongly (in my mind) defend my viewpoint without someone saying "you ain't gonna influence me, b****"? Or should I write everything in a passive, pansy tone as to not come off as a "my opinion is God" person?

(Ten minutes later someone retorts: "Pansy tone? You already do! WINK, WINK, ROLLING EYES, SMILEY FACES, HARDY HAR HAR.")

cmill216 said:
:D You're not giving your symbiote brothers and sisters a good name right now, you know. The way you are describing them makes them sound like a bunch of cowardly, "I don't want to come out of my alien closet" people. It's all good, though. :D

She's not giving anyone a bad name.Most of the Venom fans on this site can't stand this forum now,with all this talk of Topher as Venom.

Don't believe me?? Then ask in the big ass Venom fan thread in Spidey World: http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130184

I'm not a huge symbiote fan myself [though I am very fond of Carnage],but like any villain,I want him portrayed by an actor who not only can act,but looks the part.

I'm sure you all heard of their initial idea for Doc Ock,they were going to not only make him young,but have him involved in a bizarre love triangle with MJ :rolleyes: A young Doc Ock?? Good god no :down And infatuated with MJ?? Even worse.

Thank god they didn't go with that,but the point is that it crossed their minds.It was given actual serious consideration.From the casting of Topher as Brock,I can only imagine what BS they have cooked up for him,if they were going to have Ock have a thing for MJ lol.

So I don't blame any symbiote fans being negative about the prospect of Topher as Venom.I'm negative about it,and I don't really like Venom much.But if we're going to see him,I'd like him done right.

Doc Ock said:
I'm sure you all heard of their initial idea for Doc Ock,they were going to not only make him young,but have him involved in a bizarre love triangle with MJ :rolleyes: A young Doc Ock?? Good god no :down And infatuated with MJ?? Even worse.

I remember that on the DVD. Was that Arad's idea mainly?

cmill216 said:
I remember that on the DVD. Was that Arad's idea mainly?

I don't know.He was the one who talked about it on the DVD,but he did express distaste at the idea,and said he was glad they didn't go that route.

But I am betting,him or Sony forced Venom on Raimi.Raimi has expressed dislike for Venom several times in the past.I remember the numerous threads about it,and people cussing him over it.

CConn said:

Here's the thing that you [and a number of other people] are missing about what I post:

I don't care if you don't like it. And moreover.... I don't really care if you like me. If I did, I would only post nice, gentle, obediant things in a very respectful tone, being very, very careful never to ruffle anyone's feathers.

The "liking" of people such as yourself is very cheap stuff in which I am not interested; I have less than no interest in diluting my message in order to win your approval. "Curries favor" is not on my resume'.

Card Player said:

That's the part that they don't want to admit. This whole thing is ridiculous, but I must admit I am enjoying my role' as Hype Demon First Class. It's... liberating, and what's more I can speak my mind anywhere - without saying one thing in Community and then coming here and pretending something else. :up: Grrrr! Snarl! Now if I can just work on growing these little horns.... if gelatin is supposed to grow strong nails, I wonder if it works on horns...?

It nauseates me when people display such hatred towards people they have never even met. :( What does this have to do with Spider-Man 3? Please take your conflict off the boards to private e-mails. We have enough hatred in the world without all of this garbage, you know?

I hope Topher is not Venom, myself, but if he is, that's fine, too.

TheCardPlayer said:
You'd be surprised how much something as simple as tone can affect how people view each other.

And obviously, you can't really "tell the truth" on matters of opinion, but that's neither here nor there.

Symbiotica said:
Here's the thing that you [and a number of other people] are missing about what I post:

I don't care if you don't like it. And moreover.... I don't really care if you like me.
Actually, I had already realized that.

I am a genius.
Symbiotica said:
If I did, I would only post nice, gentle, obediant things in a very respectful tone, being very, very careful never to ruffle anyone's feathers.

The "liking" of people such as yourself is very cheap stuff in which I am not interested; I have less than no interest in diluting my message in order to win your approval. "Curries favor" is not on my resume'.
If you're referring to me, you honestly aren't nearly stupid enough for me to hate you. :o

Oh wait...you edited out my picture. I hate you. :down

Doc Ock said:
I don't know.He was the one who talked about it on the DVD,but he did express distaste at the idea,and said he was glad they didn't go that route.

But I am betting,him or Sony forced Venom on Raimi.Raimi has expressed dislike for Venom several times in the past.I remember the numerous threads about it,and people cussing him over it.

I'm not sure why he doesn't like it, however if that's the case then I can't blame him for making changes to Venom. The creative juices ahve to flow, and in order for that to happen he has to enjoy what he's doing, otherwise it would suck even worse. So he might be making changes so that he likes it, and I wont blame him for changing Venom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"