How many people hope that Topher is NOT Venom?

Discussion in 'Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3' started by Tangled Web, Mar 19, 2006.

?

Do you want Grace to be Venom?

1. Hell No! Don't make that little bastard Venom.

2. Yes, make him Venom.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mister Gone Master of His Toaster!

Hmmm actually it kind of smacks of Harry finding the Goblin lair, I don't know, maybe a fight and an escape.

2. jonathancrane I love Marvel, DC & EC!

I like Topher Grace as an actor, but feel he did not command the presence that Brock has in the comics. He was not intimidating, nor frightening in the film; the revenge plot was written well, but executed poorly, due to the casting. He tried, but could not make the part work.

3. Senator Pleasury Registered

As you say, he didn't convey any of the things that make Brock, Brock. The last straw was IMO when he was praying for the death of Peter. It was almost laughable, the total opposite of what the scene should have been.

4. Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

If I could somehow floss my brain, removing all of the toxic remnants of Blowpher as Venom, I would do so.

5. Vid Electricz Registered

I thought he was a great take on the character. Certainly would have wished to see more of him (ie. fleshed the character out more).

I disagree about the the execution. The writing was poor/rushed/cluttered. The character had no time to breath (as with Dafoe and Molina) but had it been better, I feel that he could really have pulled it off and given us a great Eddie Brock/Venom.

6. Spider-Aziz Vegeta Pose Toshi

Here, watch Venom as Venom instead

It should help

7. The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

Another ancient thread bumped.

Wow this brings back memories. A lot of great posters in here who are no longer around. I miss Symbiotica and Arcturus.

8. Joined:
    Jun 24, 2013
    People move on I guess. Looking at your join date you will have been on the Hype for 10 years next month!

Who knows, perhaps you might hang up the keyboard in 3-5 years or so...

9. Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

That show always puts me in a good mood. I still can't quite fathom how a kids cartoon could capture Venom correctly, but a $258 million dollar movie failed so miserably.

10. Senator Pleasury Registered

That teaches us something about how money is not the key.

11. Venom75 I'm symbiotic!

I think Topher had the potential to be a great Venom,but as many if you have said,the writing didn't do much with that character. When Brock finally became Venom(for a whole 8 minutes!)all he did was crack jokes and never looked or felt scary or intimidating at all. There was no anger or fury in his performance. Some of this may have been Grace,but like I said. I'll blame Raimi and the writers for that.