How Many Trades Do You Own ???

What is the average cost of binding, say... 15 comics?

Yeah, that Skinner issues really was something special for that time. Overall, that crossover was the peak for that series. Although, if I had it bound, I'd also throw the Black Letter/Switchblade crossover that happened a few years later. I love that crossover too much, even if it is just deathdeathgoredeath.

Yeah, that Skinner issues really was something special for that time. Overall, that crossover was the peak for that series. Although, if I had it bound, I'd also throw the Black Letter/Switchblade crossover that happened a few years later. I love that crossover too much, even if it is just deathdeathgoredeath.

It depends on who you go through. I would estimate its usually $15.00 to $20.00 plus shipping and handling. The more comics you bind in a volume the more expensive it gets.

Welp, I won't be binding any time soon because I just bough 7 more book.

The Avengers: Kree/Skrull War OHC
Young Avengers OHC (never thought I'd get this)
The Walking Dead Book 8 HC
Rocket Raccoon: Guardian of the Keystone Quadrant HC
Green Lantern: Rebirth (older printing)
Green Lantern: Revenge of the Green Lanterns
Green Lantern Crops: To Be A Lantern

Man, I gotta stay outta Manhattan.

There's typically a set price for up to a certain width (usually 2 inches). The place I used to go through was $15 but it was sold and that price lost. Nowadays it's closer to $20 per volume.

And yeah, the Midnight Massacre story was good for what I read of it. I never did hunt down the entire story, but if I recall correctly it was a great deathdeathdeath story that ultimately didn't matter in the end. Still, the story was entertaining to read and the cover gimmick was pretty cool.

There's typically a set price for up to a certain width (usually 2 inches). The place I used to go through was $15 but it was sold and that price lost. Nowadays it's closer to $20 per volume.

And yeah, the Midnight Massacre story was good for what I read of it. I never did hunt down the entire story, but if I recall correctly it was a great deathdeathdeath story that ultimately didn't matter in the end. Still, the story was entertaining to read and the cover gimmick was pretty cool.

Who do you use now for binding?

looking now to get THE LONE RANGER tpb and WONDER WOMAN: The Greatest Stories Ever Told

My LCS was having a 4th of July sale on graphic novels, you buy two and get the third for free so I go me three of the Marvel Masterworks Uncanny X-Man trades, the ones with Claremont, Cockrum and Byrne.

And I've also at last picked up the final volume of the G.I.Joe Marvel reprint trades which came to 15 volumes.

Last edited:
The List:

-Batman Knightfall, Vol 1
-Batman Knightfall, Vol 2 (recent reprint)
-Batman: The Long Halloween
-Batman: Year One
-Batman: Dark Victory
-Batman: RIP
-Batman: Arkham Asylum...
-Astonishing X-Men, Vol 1 (Whedon)
-Uncanny X-Men, vol 1 (Gillen)
-Wolverine and the X-Men, Vol 1 (Aaron)
-Masterwork: Avengers, Vol 1
-Masterwork: Avengers, Vol 2
-Masterwork: Iron Man, Vol 1
-The Dark Phoenix Saga
-X-Men: DOFP
-Civil War
-Mighty Avengers, Vol 1
-Mighty Avengers, Vol 2
-Avengers, Vol 1 (Bendis)
-Tales of the Batman: Don Newton
-Ultimate X-Men, Vol 1
-Avengers: The Trial of Yellowjacket
-Captain America: The Winter Soldier
-CA: The Death of CA (All three parts)
-Spider-Man: Kraven's Last Hunt
-X-Files, Vol 1
-X-Files, Vol 2
-Infinity Gauntlet
-Batman: Prey
-

Don't have it yet, but Sullivan's Sluggers has been ordered for me as a gift. A much anticipated gift. Can't wait to get that book.

-30 Days of Night: Return to Barrow
-Final Crisis
-Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne

X-Men: Mutant Genesis
The Walking Dead 1-17
Venom (Remender) vol. 1
Spider-Man: Birth of Venom
Spider-Man: The Vengeance of Venom
Venom Lethal Protector
Venom Deathtrap: The Vault
The Stuff of Legend Book 1: The Dark
The Stuff of Legend Book 2: The Jungle
The Stuff of Legend Book 3: A Jester's Tale

The next one I plan on getting is The Stuff of Legend Book 4. I also look forward to getting Maximum Carnage and the new Venom: The Enemy Within trade (including Funeral Pyre, The Enemy Within, The Madness, and Vs. Hulk). That pretty much ends the era of when I loved Venom. I'll have to eventually get Spirits of Venom... and did they ever reprint the Venom and Wolverine story from Marvel Comics Presents?

and did they ever reprint the Venom and Wolverine story from Marvel Comics Presents?
I don't know if they did, but I know marvel did a series of Marvel Comics Presents: Wolverine where they collected some of those issues. I think there are 4 books total. I have the Wolverine/Ghost Rider one (with a ****** Liefeld cover).

Is 2007 the newest printing of Spider-Man: Birth of Venom? I tried to find out online but couldn't find anything newer, and the cover has that new cover art look, but the spine clashes with Vengeance of Spider-Man, Lethal Protector, and the Enemy Within spines. Their spines share the same green with red lettering design. My Birth of Venom is red with white lettering. It kind of bugs me.

Is 2007 the newest printing of Spider-Man: Birth of Venom? I tried to find out online but couldn't find anything newer, and the cover has that new cover art look, but the spine clashes with Vengeance of Spider-Man, Lethal Protector, and the Enemy Within spines. Their spines share the same green with red lettering design. My Birth of Venom is red with white lettering. It kind of bugs me.
I believe so. At lesast, that's the one I have.

Sullivan's Sluggers came, and it was absolutely gorgeous. I also found a copy of Penance: Relentless and Ms. Marvel: Best of the Best at a Salvation Army store. So I bought them. The Ms. Marvel has 10 pages ripped out of it in the middle of issue 2. So, I don't get to finish a story I was really getting into, and it cost me $2 (although that latter part bothers me less than not being able to finish the story).

i just got THE OVERTHROW OF DOOM and I know what you mean by gorgeous!

Needing to do some Top Cow research, I picked up some trades. The only Top Cow comic I've ever read was Straczynski's Midnight Nation (which I loved), but that's it. I've never even cared about Witchblade or the Darkness. I was always turned off by the almost naked TnA Witchblade look, and Darkness just seemed too "Dark" for me to even mess with.

Well, needing to do the research I picked up Witchblade vol. 1 (containing issues 80-85), Broken Trinity vol. 1, and Magdalena vol. 1. I begrudgingly sat down with Witchblade and was shocked to find that, not only was Mike Choi the artist (who I love), but the TnA was gone! The book was gorgeous, and as I read it I found myself lost in it. I finished it up and realized that there are four more Witchblade trades before Broken Trinity... and I actually WANT to read those. And being that Magdalena comes after that, I think I might hold off on reading the rest of these until I can get ahold of more Witchblade trades. And now I kinda want to check out the Darkness.

That was really good.

I forgot what I've added recently, but it's all been Salvation Army and Goodwill purchases. I did get Solo deluxe HC last night as partial payment for a design I made for a friend. Dunno what else I'm gonna get, but it's a good start.

He's one of only 2 people who will buy my art, so I'm gonna take advantage while I can.

-Latest Acquisitions

New Avengers: 1, 2, 6
Avengers: 1959
X-Men: Schism

I don't own nearly enough trades as i'd like. I managed to pick up some great value spiderman issues in Indiana some time ago, and then there's my local second-hand book store that always has a fresh supply.

But honestly? They're on the way out.

The problem however is that trade paperbacks take up a lot of room, people move house, move apartment, move in with their partners etc etc - in this
digital age there really is a dimishing market for trades, especially when you can simply download one in a matter of seconds to your tablet / iPad.

For the moment, i'm keeping what I have; I may pick up some here or there if I really want them badly, but other than that, downloading is prio.

Picked up Witchblade Origins vol. 1 and Umbrella Academy vol. 1 at Half Priced Books this week :)

Just got:

STK612636.jpg

STK469675.jpg

The-Rocketeer-Adventures-Treasury-Edition.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"