The Dark Knight Rises How many years should WB wait before making a Batman reboot?

5-6 years in my opinion.

Gives them plenty of time to sort out the direction, characters, story etc

I can only speak for myself. I don't want to go any longer than 3 - 4 years without a new Batman movie.

3 to 4 years, If they want to move towards making a world's finest movie or JL movie, Batman is essential and this Batman has to exist in a world with other DC heroes but in the first movie of reboot this should be just hinted so batman reboot should happen as early as possible.

They'll start work right away. But it won't be out for 3-4 years.

I say there will be one in theaters by 2016 at the latest.

I'd put my money on 2015, and it will be in the style of Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.

2015 also seems like a fitting checkpoint, between decades. It's 10 years after Batman Begins, and 20 years after Batman Forever.

1995 - Batman Forever
2005 - Batman Begins
2015 - Batman Reboot

three years, but the next movies should be stand alone...with a mixture of Burton's fantasy and Nolan's realism. Bring in the blue and gray suit, and hardcore creepy villians. Make the joker have an origin. I'm thinking something along the lines of the killing joke. Have him a stand up comedian, who gets thwarted by Black Mask or Penguin. Hugo Strange should be using villians, but the riddler should be behind the scenes in all the films.

Anymore than 4 years is too long. And for once I'd like to see multiple villains in it that aren't teaming up.

Well, considering WB is planning a JLA film featuring the reboot batman and, so they hope, the Henry Cavill Superman, I'd say about 3 years. 2 years minimum and 4 years max.

The JLA movie isn't gonna happen if it's gonna be treated the same way it was treated a couple of years ago or like the way Green Lantern was treated.

Well, considering WB is planning a JLA film featuring the reboot batman and, so they hope, the Henry Cavill Superman, I'd say about 3 years. 2 years minimum and 4 years max.

Are they still into that crap? Thought it was an aborted project.

3 to 4 years and I think that they have already made plans for the reboot / re-imagining like hiring Goyer and Jonathan Nolan to do rough script and Chris Nolan to be attached as a producer.

I assume all this and I would even say that they will not include old villains (with the exception of Joker as including him helps at Box Office collections.)

We will definitely get new villains maybe some more fantastical (Sci Fi oriented.) ones like Killer Croc, Man-Bat, Clay and Hush.

Last edited:
Catwoman spinoff...maybe Bale would be in it briefly. Regardless I would love one, so we can further forget the 2004 CINO version.

It won’t happen, and it's just fan talk, but my dream follow on from Rises would be a one-off return by Burton, Keaton and Elfman. I know TDK Rises will take elements from TDK Returns, so following on after with a similar themed story would be a risk of repetition. I’ve thought of that for a while, thinking it was a deal breaker. But perhaps not. Perhaps it’s time to strike while the iron is hot? If TDK Rises ends with Bruce presumed dead or missing, you could ‘follow up’ that vibe thematically with his ‘return’ several years later (just as TDK Rises has a 8 year jump) – even though it’s a different universe, differentiated story wise. Imagine Burton coming back, with a different design for Gotham City, ala the difference between B89 and BR. I wonder how they'd approach it? In the same B89/BR universe where Gough's Alfred is deceased, as is Hingle's Gordon, or just recast?

I feel like 8 to 9 years would be ideal. But if the ASM and TA does well then I can see WB have a new batman film in 2015 or 2016. I have a feeling WB will want there own cinematic universe.

There's no need to wait almost a decade for a new Batman movie.

I say they wait until I'm ready to take the over the helm. :cwink:

...Add that to the poll! :up: :D :oldrazz:

How about 0 years, as in don't reboot it.

Reboots should only be done for franchises that have hit rock bottom, not transcended to unparalleled heights of quality.

You may as well ask for a reboot of LOTR, Toy Story or Bourne.

I`d be happy with shot-for-shot remakes of Nolan`s films for the next several decades, even though I know that wouldn't happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"