How many years should WB wait before making a Batman reboot?

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight Rises' started by MessiahDecoy123, Feb 12, 2012.

?

How many years until a Batman reboot?

1. 1-2 years

2. 3-4 years

3. 5-6 years

4. 7-8 years

5. 9-10

6. 11 or more years

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Majik1387

Majik1387 Well-Known Member

Anything over 4-5 years is far too long to wait.

2. LibidoLoca

LibidoLoca Sensually Delicious

3 years...

3. jonathancrane

jonathancrane I love Marvel, DC & EC!

2 years minimum.

4. KalMart

KalMart 239-Bean Irish Chili

5. Bruce Malone

Bruce Malone Well-Known Member

On the opposite. I've always argued even 5 years is generally not long enough for a reboot to distinguish itself from the past franchise.

Either way assuming JL is WB's next big project and assuming we go by the earliest date likely 2015 it probably wouldn't be until 2017 we'd see another batman solo film perhaps spun off from JL. I can guarantee the wait between now to the next bat film will be longer than the wait between dark knight sequels.

6. SpiderBat

SpiderBat Well-Known Member

You'd all watch a reboot tomorrow, as would I. Anywhere over 2 years is good enough for me.

7. cnc_theft_auto

CBF reading through 8 pages, so sorry if I say anything thats already been said, but I think that we've had an oversaturation of batman films lately (7 in 20 years!) and a reboot should take at lest 6 or so years.

Also, I think Batman would be perfectly suited to his own show similar to Smallville & Arrow, with a focus on a different villain in each episode. I'd love to see Gotham represented like in Gotham Central or The Killing Joke, just some massive, chaotic noiresque breeding ground for crime in which all hope for sanity rests on one man.

And if a JLA movie was in the works, I hate to say it but I think Bats should take a time out. You guys saw Black Widow in Avengers, and you know she was just in there for the horny teens. She added nothing to the story whatsoever and sucked in combat, so if Bats was to be added into JLA he'd just be a waste to time and you may as well bring in The Boy Wonder too.

8. ThePhantasm

ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

Nice non sequitur!

9. C. Lee

C. Lee I'm not old...I'm ancient

Not to mention....I wonder what movie he watched....she fought pretty darn good in the one I saw.

10. cnc_theft_auto

She tried pretty hard but didnt accomplish much. She could easily have been written out of it imo.

11. the last son

the last son Well-Known Member

5 years. Comic book movie fever won't last forever. Marvel is really ruining it. With all of their movies having basically the same plot with not many chances taken. I feel comic book movies are coming to an end. You can't wait ten years if you plan on making big money on Batman

12. Victarion

Victarion Iron Captain

TDKR has me temporarily superhero'd out. I suggest 5-7 years; in the interim WB should really try their hand at a longer running Batman saga spanning, say, seven films ala the HP series. They especially ought to try JK Rowling's hand at foreshadowing in their hypothetical longer running Batman saga.

OT: While I didn't care for The Avengers, one of my favorite scenes was with Black Widow. Her and Loki.

13. Fudgie

Fudgie Well-Known Member

5 years at least.

14. Squaremaster316

Squaremaster316 Well-Known Member

6-8 years.

This rushed nonsense with 3-4 years is going to hurt this franchise.

15. CoolCadaver49

CoolCadaver49 Not a Hero...

I voted 5-6 years. There's plenty to tide us (read: me) over 'till then. The longer the drought, the more the "reboot" will feel like a fresh, separate thing from Nolan's trilogy. I think it would be more initially appreciated that way.

16. CConn

CConn Fountainhead of culture.

The thread should've been closed after this post.

17. Jordacar

Jordacar The Endless One

TV show: 4-5 years
    Movie: 6-7 years

18. Visualiza

Visualiza Jimmy Scrambles

I'm late to the party here, but in any case I don't particularly care that it's a certain period of years, just that we get a solid film series. The Nolan films are far from what I'd call definitive, and I definitely didn't like how they were so tightly enclosed in their own little pocket universe. I understand what he was trying to do by closing out his trilogy, I just didn't agree with it. That type of thing can work for certain characters and franchises(Blade, Bourne), but Batman has so much more to offer than that. If the Bond franchise can span 23 films(with plenty more in the pipeline) and still have fresh stories to tell, then Batman certainly can as well. What we need is the start of a film series that will kick-start and uphold such a standard.

I say bring it on, and only wait as long as is needed for a solid script, crew, and cast to come together. Let's skip the origin next go around, too.

19. Squaremaster316

Squaremaster316 Well-Known Member

You do realize the last 3 entries of that franchise were a full on reboot and completely removed from the continuity/universe of the previous installments, right?

Also, many of those previous entries were seen as pretty bad films by the public and critics (especially DAD, which was the reason the franchise got revamped in the first place), so distancing themselves from them was a smart idea.

20. Haff

Haff Well-Known Member

I really think they should wait at least another 6 or 7 years. WB needs to get off the Batman tit.

21. the last son

the last son Well-Known Member

Bring it on now. You owe Nolan nothing. He didn't want his movies to be touched fine. Let's move on now. Pump one out soon and have that be the second tie in to the justice league

22. BatLobsterRises

BatLobsterRises Lobsterized

I think the wait between Batman films builds up anticipation and makes it more special. And I agree, WB has a chance now to let Superman be their flagship character for the first time in 30 years. Let Batman take 5. I know this is all irrelevant as they are pressing on with Justice League, but I'd have no problem waiting another 5 years or so for the next Batman film.

I think between the Nolan films and the Arkham games, there is a bit of Batman overkill right now. Let it die down a bit and let the public appetite grow naturally. I would do MOS, MOS 2 in 2016, then the rebooted Batman in 2017, and then finally Justice League in 2018. I know that's not how it'll go down though.

23. RustyCage

RustyCage Come what may..

There's so much that can be done with Batman while he's hot, and while we're still alive, that I don't think there's any point in waiting any longer than it takes them to cook up a worthy script. It's that simple.

I like the idea of letting Superman have the spotlight for a while, but he's gonna get that by default right now.

24. RustyCage

RustyCage Come what may..

This sounds alright to me. :up:

25. Bruce Malone

Bruce Malone Well-Known Member

Assuming WB is focusing on JL I can't see them working on a revived batman series anytime soon.

Assuming WB would like to see a MOS and JL trilogy each.