No Way Home How much are you willing to pay to watch Spider-Man: No Way Home video on demand?

XtremelyBaneful

xoxxxoooxo
Reaction score
I had this discussion with a friend last night. Sony needs this movie to be huge, and if we weren't in a pandemic, it would be. They might be thinking of delaying it, but the movie has been already delayed over and over again. At this point, we don't know when the pandemic will be over. They want to make as much money as possible but they cannot tell themselves when it will be safest to release it at the cinema.

There is a slim to none chance that this movie will be offered VOD like Black Widow was, but let's say in a hypothetical scenario they did. Sony approached Disney and said because of the state of the world, they can offer NwH to be VOD on Disney+, on a few conditions.

One, the streaming revenue would be split the exact same as the box office revenue. Sony keeps the majority of it even though the subscribers are paying Disney for the streaming service itself. But the actual revenue and profits from the streaming results are split the same way as would be in the box office.

Two, subscribers have to pay a very high premium to watch it VOD. That gives them the option but also incentivizes them to see it outside.

This way, the movie is never delayed. I myself am willing to pay up to $50 for it. Maybe $60, but I think that's pushing it.

What do you think?

The current price Disney charges to watch films like Black Widow on D+ while they're also in theaters is too high, it might make sense for families, but for someone like me who would be watching it alone it's obscene. The most I would consider is $15, any higher and they can just f*** off. Not paying that money for a digital copy inseparably tied to a streaming service. I'll either get the theater experience or just wait until it's available on a service for no extra charge or a physical copy is available.

both those answers are fair. Normally I would say the same things i.e NwH deserves the big screen treatment and experience and also it's absurd to charge for content on a service you're already being charged for.

NwH is the exception for me though. As hyped as I am, it won't be worth risking the health and safety of my loved ones - DEPENDING on the state of the world in December. If it is optimistic, then hell yeah I'll catch it on the big screen no question

If it was my only option, I would pay 30 bucks. My ideal situation would be watching in the theater, but if they made this my only means of watching it, I'd pay 30 bucks

It's not a listed option, but $20 for me. In my mind, the theater is a bigger/better experience. With a pair of tickets clocking in around $30, I feel like a home streaming release should come in under that. Doesn't mean I wouldn't pay $30 to watch it at home, but I'd be super salty about it.

It's not a listed option, but $20 for me. In my mind, the theater is a bigger/better experience. With a pair of tickets clocking in around $30, I feel like a home streaming release should come in under that. Doesn't mean I wouldn't pay $30 to watch it at home, but I'd be super salty about it.
I didn't add an option lower than $30, because Sony/Disney wouldn't. Both Black Widow and Mulan were $30, so that's the minimum a Spider-Man movie would go for

I'd rather see it in theatres but if I had no other choice, $30 for me as well.

That's what I paid for BW and I can't see myself paying more for a rental.

Cinema only for this one.

I only watch premiere streaming if I'm not interested in seeing a film in the cinema. It's a matter of winning me over as a customer with convenience and good deal. So you can imagine I'm not keen on watching some movie for thirty bucks on top of a subscription.

Likewise the cinema is my preferred option.

No way I'm paying more than $30 to watch a movie.

It would cost me about $30 here in NYC for a Dolby showing so I have no issues paying for that at home with my set up.

I'm surprised so many people are against paying more, especially when you just need to pay it one time and can split the cost with a bunch of people who could watch it with you

Because people can't afford it or they don't want to spend that much money. Simple as that.

Because people can't afford it or they don't want to spend that much money. Simple as that.
why couldn't you afford it if you were splitting the cost with at least one or two other people? that would make it the same as purchasing a movie ticket

I'm in Australia and right now Victoria where I am is in full lockdown. The aim is for 70% of all Victorians to be vaccinated, and I really hope we hit that because I
really want to experience this in a cinema. If we can't though, I think I'll be so deprived
of seeing a new movie I'd definitely pay to watch it at home, probably no more than 40 and I'd split it between me and my girlfriend.

Zero. Nadda. At least for the first time or two, I will only see this in theatres. I'm not paying 30 bucks to sit on my couch at home, which has been the theme of the pandemic. Not a chance. I'm not afraid of covid or the delta variant or the mu variant of the impending omega super variant either so that's not a concern.

I'm in Australia and right now Victoria where I am is in full lockdown. The aim is for 70% of all Victorians to be vaccinated, and I really hope we hit that because I
really want to experience this in a cinema. If we can't though, I think I'll be so deprived
of seeing a new movie I'd definitely pay to watch it at home, probably no more than 40 and I'd split it between me and my girlfriend.
Australia has lots its mind. Dictator Dan is a sickening person.

why couldn't you afford it if you were splitting the cost with at least one or two other people? that would make it the same as purchasing a movie ticket

What I'm I supposed to do, invite some random hobo into my studio apartment and hope he has 15 bucks and wants to watch a movie?

probably not much , I mean I'm already subscripted to a couple stream services to access to this kinda thing... so if I still have to pay extra to see movies, then why I'm a paying for those

SiX dollars. The last time I went to a movie theater, I paid less than five dollars for Onward. I'm guess when theaters reopen here, ticket prices will increase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"