Deadpool How much do you want Deadpool to break the 4th wall?

XtremelyBaneful

xoxxxoooxo
Reaction score
I feel like, because of all this discombobulation with Marvel live action rights, he's got a chance to say a lot of clever jokes about it. But that's kind of another story...I don't know how personal he can go with his lines,

But how much do you want him to do that along with the foregoing lines of the movie? I'll admit I have never read Deadpool comics or have knowledge of how often or not he does it in the comics and how much people dig it.

What do you think?

I want him to jump out of the screen and rub my feet while playing a banjo, now THAT'S some 4th wall humor. :up:

The right balance.
Which I hope Tim Miller got.

I voted subtly, although it doesn't actually have to be subtle. I just don't want it every scene. But a handful of times would be fun.

Yeah I think all the time would be a bit much and its not like that in the comics, so a healthy balance now and again is fine. From the looks of the trailer it seems like that will be the way anyway.

since they switched colossus actors, i would love for deadpool to break the fourth wall and bring that up

I just thought it would be fun to start a thread about what potential fourth wall breaking/meta moments you would like to see during the film. Some of these probably won't happen, but I think they would be so much fun...

- It would be funny if Deadpool did something during the 20th Century Fox logo at the start or something.

- With the X-Mansion/Jet scene from the most recent TV Spots, Deadpool could make a joke about how they have to appeal/pander to the X-Men audience.

- Deadpool at the end could say something like ‘Attention all critics! Please be nice about me and my movie in your reviews and as for the general audience, please tell your friends about me so I can get a sequel. SEQUEL BAIT!’

- It would be pretty cool if Deadpool started out as PG 13 & when Deadpool swears it bleeps, then Deadpool hunts down the censors, take them out and the bleeps stop. (This definitely won't happen during the film, but it would be cool!)

- It would be awesome if during the end credits, Deadpool pops up and makes a meta joke about post credit scenes or something.

- A friend of mine had an idea that probably definitely won't happen, but there could be a part of the movie where Deadpool gets annoyed with the film itself, jumps off screen, you hear running foot steps, a door opening, then the film juddering, it carries on but with a Deadpool sized hole in it, then suddenly the film comes off the reel, you hear the projectionist scream, movie cuts to white, Deadpool is now monologuing and continuing the film with shadow puppets until it gets to a part where he's happy with it. (Like I said this definitely won't happen, but just a fun, wacky idea for a fourth wall breaking moment!)

Just a few of my suggestions :)

Last edited:
sANwaF7.jpg

I'd love if they did a Police Squad like ending with the credits

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkNVgrOJfl0[/YT]

since they switched colossus actors, i would love for deadpool to break the fourth wall and bring that up
I love those kinds of jokes. One of the characters in Dreamfall Chapters joked that the main character looked different and her voice sounded huskier. They had a new voice actor and it had been years since the previous game so the character model was quite different. :woot:

Last edited:
Lol. Now that would be some meta-level breaking! :drl: :woot:
indeed, man knowing his character's got me hyped for this movie
I love those kinds of jokes. One of the characters in Dreamfall Chapters joked that the main character looked different and her voice sounded huskier. They had a new voice actor and it had been years since the previous game so the character model was quite different. :woot:
and it would make the joke that much sweeter if someone like deadpool was telling it :D

reviews coming out on RT are pretty damn phenomenal...which probably means the balance was right

He doesn't break the fourth wall. He breaks 16 walls.

The only more break he could do is if they left the scene and went into hallucination territory.

I expected more wall-breaking in obnoxious ways, but I was pleasantly surprised. They handled it all (talking directly to camera and simple dialogue) very well. It was the right balance across the board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"